1,707 posts in this topic

Is anyone here from TX? My local office is San Antonio. I am awaiting my interview letter. It has been 6 days since the good news update  :) Was curious to know how long anyone else waited? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Is anyone here from TX? My local office is San Antonio. I am awaiting my interview letter. It has been 6 days since the good news update  :) Was curious to know how long anyone else waited? 

You'll get it in the mail usually within 10 days, all things being equal. Good luck! 

Hi - my wife is about to start a P/T job, and I've got two questions

1) It asks for a visa code. It does have a K option but since she's an AOS, is it appropriate to put OT, which in their system means "Other visa type, including specific status of international student unknown"? She's not a student of course, but she's not a permanent resident per the EAD card. The only other reasonable option seems to be AP - Approved Petitioner for immigrant visa, but she's not going for a visa, she's going for AOS. Any thoughts?

2) She applied for the EAD extension already back in April, and we have yet to hear anything besides the notice that they received it. Anyone have any updates on their own EAD extensions? Her card expires 8/19 and she's worried about that. Should we be calling USCIS to check?

Thanks!

Jake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 6/20/2019 at 8:28 PM, Jake H said:

Edited by PadieNerkBrapone

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 6/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Cristina24 said:

It took a few days in the mail for us here in Houston.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Everybody, I wanted to share our experience during the AOS Interview.

Our Date was JUne 26th, 2019 at 11:10 am. We arrived at 10:45 am to be cautious with time. 

They called everyone in the room except us, we were the last couple to be called that had me extremely stressed out. Finally the Agent called my name, we followed him to is office and he asked us to raise our right hand to swear. Then he review the folder he already had on his desk with our application, he asked the eligibility questions (If I was part of a terrorism group, genocide, prostitution, etc), I answer No, He asked my husbands current employer, my employer, my husbands children's name and that was it. No more questions, I didn't even open the folder that I had prepared with our evidences (bank statements, insurance policies, pictures, etc ) He said " everything looks fine, you should be receiving your green card in the mail  within the next 30 days". And that was it, we were done. All these years being afraid of that moment and it happened so quickly and went so well. I still haven't received my green card in the mail it's only been 3 days, I'm so happy and relieved. 

Good Luck to everyone else!!. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@capivzla hi congratulations in advance. 

I have a question, when did you receive your notice for the interview? 

My status changed that interview has been scheduled 10 days ago & still haven’t gotten the letter. Thank you so much. 

Edited by Summer123

• 2 weeks later...

I had my interview in San Antonio and I was not sure if I was approved or not. The  that same night I received “new card is being produced” update :)  How long typically can i expect to wait on my greencard? 

Here is my experience with San Antonio interview.

“Word of advice to the interviewers - Keep the interview professional and dont let your emotions/personal past experiences get in the way of how you view people. 

My husband and I had a unexpected, very uncomfortable interview. Conversation started off well, so we thought. She said we had to be wealthy coming into this country, made us feel as we were poor and unworthy. My husband does not make a lot (which is why I have a joint sponsor) But yet she felt the need to target my husband and tell him he needs to pick up his act and find a better job, even move towns if that helps. I submitted my husbands Tax return a couple months ago when I received a RFE. However I did not make a copy of this paper (my fault) and she wanted to see it. I said you must have it because we sure sent it. So i assume they lost it and she said because of this missing paper she would deny me if it was up to her. Very rude of her and thank God she does not have the final decision. 

She seemed out to get us because we were gamers (no longer) and that made us seem incompetent. We both have jobs and are getting by but for some reason that was the focus of the interview instead of asking us questions about our relationship. She had no interest in looking at the evidence i gathered about us. Which is the whole point of this interview. This lady told us personal things about her life which wasted time and was totally irrelevant to us. She had a bad experience with an Ex husband who was only interested in games not her. And that left her bitter, thats why she targeted my husband because he is a gamer. But he is not like some other gamers in the sense that he cant hold a relationship. I have no problem in the way that he spends some of his time playing. In fact he has given up most of his games but she didnt care to know that. She casually joked the reason why we forgot his tax return was because we are gamers.

Just because we met playing a game online 8 years ago does not mean till this day we are still playing and have no life outside games! Ridiculous assumptions. We were asked if we had children and after saying NO she asked us 2 more times. I felt offended by that because she does not believe us for some reason. 

Overall we felt like we got a lecture about our lives more than anything. We are doing everything right legally to be approved and because we are not rich and have a history of playing games she looked down on us. She also spoke over us often. My greencard was approved via online app that same night. Thank God! “

2 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

“Word of advice to the interviewers - Keep the interview professional and dont let your emotions/personal past experiences get in the way of how you view people. 

My husband and I had a unexpected, very uncomfortable interview. Conversation started off well, so we thought. She said we had to be wealthy coming into this country, made us feel as we were poor and unworthy. My husband does not make a lot (which is why I have a joint sponsor) But yet she felt the need to target my husband and tell him he needs to pick up his act and find a better job, even move towns if that helps. I submitted my husbands Tax return a couple months ago when I received a RFE. However I did not make a copy of this paper (my fault) and she wanted to see it. I said you must have it because we sure sent it. So i assume they lost it and she said because of this missing paper she would deny me if it was up to her. Very rude of her and thank God she does not have the final decision. 

She seemed out to get us because we were gamers (no longer) and that made us seem incompetent. We both have jobs and are getting by but for some reason that was the focus of the interview instead of asking us questions about our relationship. She had no interest in looking at the evidence i gathered about us. Which is the whole point of this interview. This lady told us personal things about her life which wasted time and was totally irrelevant to us. She had a bad experience with an Ex husband who was only interested in games not her. And that left her bitter, thats why she targeted my husband because he is a gamer. But he is not like some other gamers in the sense that he cant hold a relationship. I have no problem in the way that he spends some of his time playing. In fact he has given up most of his games but she didnt care to know that. She casually joked the reason why we forgot his tax return was because we are gamers.

Just because we met playing a game online 8 years ago does not mean till this day we are still playing and have no life outside games! Ridiculous assumptions. We were asked if we had children and after saying NO she asked us 2 more times. I felt offended by that because she does not believe us for some reason. 

Overall we felt like we got a lecture about our lives more than anything. We are doing everything right legally to be approved and because we are not rich and have a history of playing games she looked down on us. She also spoke over us often. My greencard was approved via online app that same night. Thank God! “

Glad that you got your GC approved! You said the tax return, is that 2019 or 2018? 

Because I already summit 2018 tax return and I-864 with my I-485 application, do you need to bring 2018 tax return again? I have a interview the end of July, I am preparing materials,

thanks ! 

12 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Glad that you got your GC approved! You said the tax return, is that 2019 or 2018? 

Because I already summit 2018 tax return and I-864 with my I-485 application, do you need to bring 2018 tax return again? I have a interview the end of July, I am preparing materials,

thanks ! 

My husband stopped working Jan 2018, so for him it was 2018 tax return :) Bring copies of everything you already submitted. 

Edited by Cristina24

Timeline
20 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Congrats, sorry you had to deal with the stress of that interview. 

If you both are currently working and meeting the requirements that should be more relevant than 2018 situation. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
20 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

I had my interview in San Antonio and I was not sure if I was approved or not. The  that same night I received “new card is being produced” update :)  How long typically can i expect to wait on my greencard? 

You should get it within 2 weeks. 

My situation:

Interview - 1-31

Approval - 2-9

Card Received - 2-14

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

6 hours ago, George & Roth said:

You should get it within 2 weeks. 

My situation:

Interview - 1-31

Approval - 2-9

Card Received - 2-14

Yes its currently on its way! 😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.