TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A complaint can be filed directly to homeland security. Nebraska files just about every type of visa there is except for a few. So, the workload is huge there and I’m sure they just prioritize things as they come in. But when there’s 12 different other visas to process.. it can get backlogged. Maybe everyone submit a complaint to homeland security about the other offices being faster and more efficient 

ADE669C9-B127-4623-99C6-FD1D0D073655.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 1/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, SlimLisa said:

Hi!  I hope for you it is quick and smooth for you and your spouse.  My husband is in Ramallah, Palestine.   I filed for him January 12, 2018.   We decided to use an attorney to make sure all is perfect.  Consulting with Attorneys they all advised he would be in the US by 12 months but could go as long as 15 with Trump Changes.   My husband heard from his Ramallah it was taking them up to 24 months.  I asked my attorney he said NO!  He said 15 months or less.   Now the story has changed to 18-24 months, making Rumors correct.

Our application was accepted, all they are waiting for is all the criminal record investigation requests to finalized the I130 approval.

I spoke to other Palestinians here is the USA and they said the delay is from the country abroad and they all said it took them 2 years.

I hope Jordan may be different.   We have been really saddened to see everyone else approved in such a quick manner, less than 8 months as quick as 5, so everyone fully approved to come in 12 months.  We are just in the dark. .....waiting.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I know it can be so frustrating to wait. It's hard to know how things work in Jordan because so few are shown on here... I'm not sure if it's because there are just not many filed in Jordan or they just don't find this site, so time will tell! All we can do is be patient and remember that everything will happen when it's supposed to InshaAllah 😊

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, Jessica and Ne said:

Last night my husband said to me, Jess, why don’t we just stay here instead of waiting and stressing and paying tons of money? We’re already happy together, maybe we don’t need to go there and find another answer. 

*sighhhhhh* 

The stress is getting to both of us. 

Side note - this is the second time that we’ve filed. We filed before we were married under a Fiancé visa and we decided to withdraw and just stay in Cambodia. Then my business in the USA went downhill and we decided that maybe we should file again and take care of it. 

If you live there couldn't you have filed directly through the consulate? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
6 hours ago, R+M Jordan said:

6 hours ago, R+M Jordan said:

Sadly, not all consulates accept direct filing :( if we lived in Thailand we could have, but Cambodia doesn’t allow it. We tried.  

14 hours ago, R+M Jordan said:

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I know it can be so frustrating to wait. It's hard to know how things work in Jordan because so few are shown on here... I'm not sure if it's because there are just not many filed in Jordan or they just don't find this site, so time will tell! All we can do is be patient and remember that everything will happen when it's supposed to InshaAllah 😊

Thats what my Husband say, all in God’s time 😊.  Prayers for us 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Parisa_1234 said:

I just received the case approval notification today through "myUSCIS" account. The "check case status" still shows "my case was received". 

Congratulations.. 

Timeline
On 1/13/2019 at 3:22 AM, Jessica and Ne said:

Sadly, not all consulates accept direct filing :( if we lived in Thailand we could have, but Cambodia doesn’t allow it. We tried.  

That's so frustrating!! Praying the process goes quickly and smoothly for you!!

Timeline
On 1/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, MrsLisaK said:

Thats what my Husband say, all in God’s time 😊.  Prayers for us 🙏

Exactly! We can't force a thing to happen when it's not it's time to happen yet 🙂 My husband's has to remind me to be more patient sometimes too LOL

Timeline
23 hours ago, durdana said:

Why Nebraska is not moving :( tomorrow is my first wedding anniversary and this waiting is killing me. 

I hope you hear something soon!! The wait can definitely be daunting, but so worth it to get our spouse's back with is 🙂

Timeline
2 hours ago, Parisa_1234 said:

I just received the case approval notification today through "myUSCIS" account. The "check case status" still shows "my case was received". 

Congrats!! So exciting to move on to the next steps!! Hopefully the lack of update is just a computer delay 🙂

23 hours ago, Parisa_1234 said:

Thanks! NOA1 was April 17. Make sure you open the "myUSCIS" account; it seems to be more up to date compared to the other one.

Congratulations!    I filed 1/12/2018, over a year now.   Just sitting in the dark, no reasons provided why so long and no request for anything else.  Finally my attorney filed an inquiry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.