TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

I am starting to think that maybe I should apply as well, ppl are clearly getting approved using this method, my PD is august 27th and according to VJ I should hear something this month, but what if they actually take 15 months with my case? Some ppl have waited that long, what if I am one of them? I seriously don't know what to do

If you had asked me yesterday about how long I think your application would take to get approved I would’ve said longer than you think. Now that I just got approved (minutes ago) I just changed my mind. I realized that when my PD started getting close I got extremely anxious and every day seemed too long. To be honest, I got approved not even that far from my PD. It’s very nerve wrecking to just wait for something that is absolutely out of your control. I think you’re stuck in the same mental place that I was a few minutes ago and I think your application will get approved very soon. It doesn’t seem that it happens often that people are approved around 15 months. Trust me, I’ve been researching because I was freaking out! Your time will come soon. Keep us informed. Força!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
14 minutes ago, msantanna said:

OMG! I got approved!!! 🎊🥳🎊 It only took 377 days! I just received the notice per email surprisingly. I thought most people found out through my.uscis page. I hope I was an exception and that you guys don’t have to wait as much as I did. It’s been stressful. 

And thanks everybody for your support!

Good riddance, Nebraska! You won’t be missed. 

Congratulations!! I hope the next steps are kinder and quicker 🙏

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LC2010 said:

Well y'all, add me to the list of 129f success stories!!

My PD date for 130 was October 9, 2018. In June I started seeing people getting faster approvals by filing the 129f. I wasn't sure if it'd even be worth it since October isn't too far away,  but I went ahead and did it anyway. I thought to myself "what if the wait keeps getting longer? What if by October it starts taking 14 or 15 months?" So I sent in my 129f on July 8, 2019, got a 129f PD of July 12, 2019, and then...........

Just got my 130 approval email today!!!! (I have not received any notification about the 129f. I assume I will get notice denying it soon.)

My husband (from Spain) is actually here visiting right now for our 1 year wedding anniversary (August 14). I am at work right now and CANNOT WAIT to go home and surprise him with it!!

Congratulations!! That is awesome news, especially since you get to celebrate together!

I'm really envious though, our I130 PD is Sept 21st 2018, our I129 PD is July 1st 2019... And I'm from France, even though currently living in Canada. So very similar to your husband but I'm still waiting with no idea what to expect :( also I don't even know where to look for updates since some people get the snail mail when nothing online has been updated, for some others it's only the email, others don't receive anything and only find out when they decide to call. I'm losing hope.

Edited by Rose__

Timeline
25 minutes ago, msantanna said:

OMG! I got approved!!! 🎊🥳🎊 It only took 377 days! I just received the notice per email surprisingly. I thought most people found out through my.uscis page. I hope I was an exception and that you guys don’t have to wait as much as I did. It’s been stressful. 

And thanks everybody for your support!

Good riddance, Nebraska! You won’t be missed. 

OMG I so happy for you, some ppl receive it through mail, some thought email, some my USCIS, you never know with them hahahahaha, let us know when you have a case number

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

OMG I so happy for you, some ppl receive it through mail, some thought email, some my USCIS, you never know with them hahahahaha, let us know when you have a case number

Thank you, Jade! I'll keep you guys informed. I'm here secretly hoping that they'll approve you in a Brazil bundle as we were talking about before.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, msantanna said:

If you had asked me yesterday about how long I think your application would take to get approved I would’ve said longer than you think. Now that I just got approved (minutes ago) I just changed my mind. I realized that when my PD started getting close I got extremely anxious and every day seemed too long. To be honest, I got approved not even that far from my PD. It’s very nerve wrecking to just wait for something that is absolutely out of your control. I think you’re stuck in the same mental place that I was a few minutes ago and I think your application will get approved very soon. It doesn’t seem that it happens often that people are approved around 15 months. Trust me, I’ve been researching because I was freaking out! Your time will come soon. Keep us informed. Força!

you have no idea how much reading this actually helps me, I saw 3 approvals with the I-129f between today and yesterday and I was already thinking "I WILL NEVER BE APPROVED, I AM GOING TO DIE HERE AWAY FROMMY HUSBAND" hahahaha (seriously tho), I don't know why, but I have the number "357" on my head and i think i will be approved around that, i am on day 345 now and counting. Really hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you and thanks!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

you have no idea how much reading this actually helps me, I saw 3 approvals with the I-129f between today and yesterday and I was already thinking "I WILL NEVER BE APPROVED, I AM GOING TO DIE HERE AWAY FROMMY HUSBAND" hahahaha (seriously tho), I don't know why, but I have the number "357" on my head and i think i will be approved around that, i am on day 345 now and counting. Really hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you and thanks!

Thank you! I know exactly how you feel. It's almost like every day has more hours than 24. I spent so much time refreshing USCIS pages, you have no idea! When my PD started getting close it got much more anxious than before. I was calm a few months ago. You are very close now, try not to worry too much. 357 is a very reasonable number. You might get it just right.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Iscir said:

After waiting for almost a year, today we were approved!! I am so happy!!! The case tracker app notified me some minutes ago. I still can't believe it!

NOA 1: August 15, 2018.

CONGRATS!!! They really seem to be working this week

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Iscir said:

After waiting for almost a year, today we were approved!! I am so happy!!! The case tracker app notified me some minutes ago. I still can't believe it!

NOA 1: August 15, 2018.

Congratulations!!!! 🙏

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
15 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

CONGRATS!!! They really seem to be working this week

Thank you!! Your priority date is close to mine so I hope you get approved soon! I think you will! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Iscir said:

Thank you! I hope you get good news soon now that you filed for the I-129!!

Thank you!! We are very anxious to see what happens but I'm trying to stay patient as best as possible! 😂I hope the rest of your journey goes well and keep us updated!!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to all who got approved recently.

Question for July approvals...did any one's case hase been transferred to NVC yet? We got approved on July 10th (received paper mail on 13th), never received any emails, both online accounts still shows case received. I called both NVC and USCIS as I had little time this week. USCIS rep told me that she cannot see the case, system is not letting her see it..something..something...as usual, no real answer. I did saw someone with July 8th got their case at NVC. Just wondering if anyone is else is in same boat. Even after waiting 362 days for approval, NSC is taking its sweet time (almost month already) to transfer the case...🙄

Timeline
1 minute ago, Swadesfan said:

Congratulations to all who got approved recently.

Question for July approvals...did any one's case hase been transferred to NVC yet? We got approved on July 10th (received paper mail on 13th), never received any emails, both online accounts still shows case received. I called both NVC and USCIS as I had little time this week. USCIS rep told me that she cannot see the case, system is not letting her see it..something..something...as usual, no real answer. I did saw someone with July 8th got their case at NVC. Just wondering if anyone is else is in same boat. Even after waiting 362 days for approval, NSC is taking its sweet time (almost month already) to transfer the case...🙄

It can take up to 6-8 weeks for some for the case to be received at NVC, don't worry, it will get there soon I'm sure

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.