TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Only if you've submitted an I-864 at NVC and then move do you have to paper file, but at USCIS stage you can just do it online

Oh awesome! I will do that right away then~

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, HuberKimFamily said:

Oh awesome! I will do that right away then~

Thank you!

No problem! While at USCIS it's just the online AR-1: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do
But if you move again after you submit the I-864 then you have to paper file I-865, but otherwise right now the online AR-11 is all there is to it! Glad that they have it so easy to do, I was worried about changing my address so I was glad it was so easy 😂

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

8 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

No problem! While at USCIS it's just the online AR-1: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do
But if you move again after you submit the I-864 then you have to paper file I-865, but otherwise right now the online AR-11 is all there is to it! Glad that they have it so easy to do, I was worried about changing my address so I was glad it was so easy 😂

So I filed from Switzerland (zip code 8052) and it keeps showing up as an error because it is not 5 digits...

Did you run into this issue???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, HuberKimFamily said:

So I filed from Switzerland (zip code 8052) and it keeps showing up as an error because it is not 5 digits...

For me I only moved a few minutes away so I had no foreign address to change to/from so I'm not sure :( Did you have a US mailing address on the petition too? I think if you just put in and change the US mailing address to the new US address it should be okay since they mostly just care about where they have to mail it

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 7/31/2019 at 8:47 PM, ice-qube said:

On a related but somewhat different topic, do any of you have experience with changing your address with USCIS during the process? I am asking here because our I-130 is with Nebraska service center for whatever reason, but my USC wife is going to moving back down to the US ahead of me. I wonder would that trigger a service center change? 

15 hours ago, HuberKimFamily said:

You can change your address online only from a US to another US address. If you filed from overseas you cannot do it. I researched this on the forum and elsewhere online as we are also moving to the US soon and applied from France. I could not find a clear answer on how to change your address in that case. I think calling them might work but I am not even sure. Other people sent the paper form, writing a foreign postcode instead of the US one and adding the country but I do not know if that works either. If you find a way to do this, please let us know.

For our story, look at my profile.

24 minutes ago, JulienR said:

You can change your address online only from a US to another US address. If you filed from overseas you cannot do it. I researched this on the forum and elsewhere online as we are also moving to the US soon and applied from France. I could not find a clear answer on how to change your address in that case. I think calling them might work but I am not even sure. Other people sent the paper form, writing a foreign postcode instead of the US one and adding the country but I do not know if that works either. If you find a way to do this, please let us know.

I am thinking about giving them a call once I am in the USA.

Honestly, I did list the mailing address for the USA on the i-130 form too and our address in Switzerland will still be used so it is not a big deal for us.

But, I thought that it would be nice for me to directly receive everything versus my husband handling it in Switzerland.

I shall let you know! And if you find the answers before me, please let me know too! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, HuberKimFamily said:

I am thinking about giving them a call once I am in the USA.

Honestly, I did list the mailing address for the USA on the i-130 form too and our address in Switzerland will still be used so it is not a big deal for us.

But, I thought that it would be nice for me to directly receive everything versus my husband handling it in Switzerland.

I shall let you know! And if you find the answers before me, please let me know too! :)

I gave up :rolleyes:. I signed up for email alerts anyway. When are you going to be in the US? My wife is going next week and I can ask her to call. But she has to look after two toddlers so she can't wait on the phone for two hours :D

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
11 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

You should be any day now..they are working on August :) stay strong. 

Thank you for your words 🙏 to hear «  any day now » is so new for me after such a long wait ...

i hope receive a a good news soon . 

I do my best to stay strong 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thank you for your words 🙏 to hear «  any day now » is so new for me after such a long wait ...

i hope receive a a good news soon . 

I do my best to stay strong 

Yes..we are all doing the best we can do to get through this rough process. We have no control, so surrendering to that in itself can help. I am now planning another trip back to India. My 8th trip in 4.5 years. I was hoping to save money for the interview date..but that will more than likely be Jan/Feb since Mumbai is in a backlog to. I will go back then again..and then hopefully he will join me forever 🙏🏻 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Yes..we are all doing the best we can do to get through this rough process. We have no control, so surrendering to that in itself can help. I am now planning another trip back to India. My 8th trip in 4.5 years. I was hoping to save money for the interview date..but that will more than likely be Jan/Feb since Mumbai is in a backlog to. I will go back then again..and then hopefully he will join me forever 🙏🏻 

Yes we do it to try to stay up if not it’s easy to fall and not feeling good .. as you say we have no control , that’s the worst ..

waow i can only imagine how much you spent for each trip and how heartbreaking it is to leave your husband at each time ..go there and enjoy time with him and refill the batteries 🔋

we can not just think about the price of the interview etc because life goes in and we need to enjoy too and plus as you say , and I think it’s gonna be the same in France for me , we will not have an interview before January or February 2020 . 

In few days we go on a 3 days week end with my husband because if not I will become crazy especially if no NOA2 lol 

i hope your husband will join you forever very soon to start a brand new life together 🙏☘️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

You should be any day now..they are working on August :) stay strong. 

343 days and still waiting noting yet hope  we get it soon . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/1/2019 at 7:54 AM, jademcculloch said:

where did you see these approvals? I saw nothing yesterday

I saw it on the case tracker app. Search 1890250842. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.