TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello everyone , 

i have a little question , 

we arrive at 9 months waiting for our I-130 and as everyone here we know that before 11/12 months  for sure we will not hear anything  from NSC ..

I am currently not working but we rent a place under a contract , electricity/house insurance / car under our names to show that we have ties here . And two cats we will never leave alone . 

will it be realistic to apply for a visitor visa ( I already had one refused because I had wrong infos after USCIS lost ( don’t receive for them )my first I30 and told me to apply for visitor visa and then adjustment of status .

we never try to fly to states since we try to have a visa for me . 

we just want to visit my husband family for 1 or 2 weeks and then come back to France .

My husband dad health is very fragile and he is afraid to lost him soon .. 

i ask here for an advise because we are completely lost and need opinions . 

Thank you in  advance to everyone will take the time to answer 😊

You would need an ESTA 

Im not sure On the success rate of getting one while I-130 is pending

mine is still valid and was ok when I went to USA in April- they just asked a few extra questions 

if your ESTA is successful you should bring things with you to show intention to leave

i took a letter from my job

a letter from my sons school

my itinerary and a screen print of my USCIS case status

they didn’t ask but I was prepared 

4 hours ago, Sarah G said:

We filed in January 2019. It hurts that there are people with the same PD as mine, and later, getting approved at Potomac and even paying fees at NVC at this point. I'm visiting my husband in the US right now and I think we are going to change path and file for adjustment of status. With this process going so slowly, and getting slower all the time, I would rather not be able to work for 7 months while I wait for a work permit, and at least be together. 

You're very lucky that you have that option... Good for both of you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

You would need an ESTA 

Im not sure On the success rate of getting one while I-130 is pending

mine is still valid and was ok when I went to USA in April- they just asked a few extra questions 

if your ESTA is successful you should bring things with you to show intention to leave

i took a letter from my job

a letter from my sons school

my itinerary and a screen print of my USCIS case status

they didn’t ask but I was prepared 

Thank you for your answer 🙏

sadly My ESTA was locked by the French Embassy when I applied for the visitor visa last August ..

i can just show if it’s the case the contract for the rental and bills .and my USCIS case status 

i am not working and we don’t have kids 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

2 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thank you for your answer 🙏

sadly My ESTA was locked by the French Embassy when I applied for the visitor visa last August ..

i can just show if it’s the case the contract for the rental and bills .and my USCIS case status 

i am not working and we don’t have kids 

I don’t know then sorry

i know some people in the uk, if they can’t get an ESTA they apply for a visa and it can take 6-12mths for it to be sorted out 😦

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kimi31 said:

I don’t know then sorry

i know some people in the uk, if they can’t get an ESTA they apply for a visa and it can take 6-12mths for it to be sorted out 😦

Thank you though 

if we can not have an ESTA back it’s better to wait 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MinB said:

just when I’m counting down the days for my PD August 15 to make a inquiry then this change again

81C90E15-A2C9-47DF-A2FD-6CF7726C8748.png

I really think they want us to become completely crazy !!!!! 

An hour ago was still to 10 months ( already too much ) 

my PD is August 29 we were counting the days too ..

i have enough .. it’s too much ..

and then what ? 2 year ?? 

11 minutes ago, MinB said:

just when I’m counting down the days for my PD August 15 to make a inquiry then this change again

81C90E15-A2C9-47DF-A2FD-6CF7726C8748.png

Doesn't matter unfortunately. All it does is waste your time because absolutely nothing comes of these inquiries. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news. I was so annoyed with the stupid automated responce to their so called inquiry...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I really think they want us to become completely crazy !!!!! 

An hour ago was still to 10 months ( already too much ) 

my PD is August 29 we were counting the days too ..

i have enough .. it’s too much ..

and then what ? 2 year ?? 

This is outrageous, it makes me want to scream. But at the same time i think that maybe they just found another pile of files near the bathroom or the likes. I dont even enter the group "all fillers december 2018" because i feel i will be the lat one to receive the noa2. And remembering when my lawyer said that it would take 8 to 12, i thought she was exaggerating... little did i know that she was being optimistic. This is so wrong

28 minutes ago, Laurdem said:

This is outrageous, it makes me want to scream. But at the same time i think that maybe they just found another pile of files near the bathroom or the likes. I dont even enter the group "all fillers december 2018" because i feel i will be the lat one to receive the noa2. And remembering when my lawyer said that it would take 8 to 12, i thought she was exaggerating... little did i know that she was being optimistic. This is so wrong

This is sad... Really, really, really sad...

PD: July/19/2018 😰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Laurdem said:

We're December 2018 also and most of the group I'm on for December filers are approved, so i know the feeling. At least we have fellow Nebraska people here that understand the REAL struggle on waiting. I also try tip believe that everything happens for a reason...i just wish i could figure out what it is that I'm supposed to get done before my husband comes so i could this reason taken care of lol I just try to keep laughing to avoid crying or going crazy 😵

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Oh! I just checked the processing times.. off again.

But they might bring it back to where they were. They did the same thing last month.

They separate permanent resident and US citizen.

My pd July 13th.. 🙏

But some people of June got already NOA2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, David - USA 2019 said:

This is sad... Really, really, really sad...

PD: July/19/2018 😰

My pd is July 13th 2018. Close

It'll be ok.  They'll bring it back again 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.