TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, KaiNJojo said:

Omg!!!! We just got approved.  I prayed, I asked my mom to pray with me earlier today and I was just laying down closing my eyes telling myself that we will get approved tomorrow, I imagined opening the app and visualized that the app says our case was approved. Just 5 mins ago my fiance texted me to call him and told me that our case just got approved!!! OMG OMG!!! I opened the app and we really got approved!!! Thank you God!!! I owe everything to you!!! 

NOA 1:  October 27, 2017

NOA 2:  April 25, 2018

I pray to those over 190 days and still waiting for yours to come next.  Pray and visualize :)  and keep a positive attitude :) 

2D66EE48-770B-477E-876A-45470D32DB52.thumb.png.f0e5fc241afd99bcb0a3793d979e0e69.png

congrats!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HTMW said:

Easier said than done, thank you!

Congratulations on your approval!!!

I know :( it was hard for me too. I just prayed really hard, I asked my mom to really pray with me... and I just visualized that the approval is happening... You can try the latter... :)  I believe also in the law of attraction... 

You cAn do this! :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, ToniAnn said:

OMG! What happen to our RFE' responses and approvals? I am trying not to stress @BnK @EllyNelly @ElieSon 

:( I dont know... I try not to think about it so that i wont feel defeated. Following USCIS twitter account was so negative so I unfollowed :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To everyone who has been approved, don't forget to head over to the NVC thread:

The second post gives you the details on what to do next. If you have any questions, just post there and I'm sure someone will try to help.

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Here is an embarrassing question as I just realized my fiancee didn't submit something that I am not wondering whether or not is actually required...

I-94 for beneficiaries that were not IN the US during the time the fiancee submitted the I-129F, but have been to the US before.

When you first look at the I-129F question 37-38, it seems that you answer yes or no and then only answer 38 for the beneficiary if they are in the US while submitting the I-129F. When you look at the instructions, it seems that if you answered yes to the beneficiary having previously visited the united states, they require you to attach their electronic I-94 for their most recent trip to the US. 

Has anyone not done the above and received an RFE because they didn't attach the beneficiaries I-94 for their most recent US visit? @Naes have you seen outcomes for this? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Domina said:

Got the NVC # yesterday along with this email. I don't recall requesting an expedite, regardless. How or does this change the process at all?

NOA1: 10-30-18
NOA2: 4-2-18
NVC#: 4-24-18 (Stated it would be sent to Emabssy this day as well) 

Screenshot_20180425-074005_Gmail.jpg

Most electronic cases are called “expedite” at the NVC stage. It is not something someone asks for.

2 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Just a progress report to everyone, I have scheduled my interview for May 11 (his birthday :wub:). I'm waiting for the medical exam appointment date to be assigned and for my fiance to FedEx me all of the other documents including:

• Copy of NOA2
  • Copy of I-129F petition
  • I-134 (Completed & Signed)
  • Employment Verification Letter
  • 2015, 2016, and 2017 Tax Return
  • 2016 & 2017 W2’s
  • Paystubs (at least 6 months)
  • Birth Certificate (copy)
  • An updated Letter of Intent (update the date & signed)

Fingers crossed that I can give him the best birthday present ever :wub::wub:

This was quick. Congrats!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mgdtime97 said:

I believe the NVC is taking a little longer to receive and issue case numbers lately.  Ours took almost 3 weeks to be received.  We got our case number 6 days ago, and it's still "preparing to be sent" (so they tell me when I call to check).

They will likely receive it soon, and you'll have a case number shortly.  After waiting so long for the NOA2 with little expectations, it's hard to wait for something that's supposed to go much faster.

Receive takes long. But after receive if it is an old system case it doesn’t take much. For electronic cases though it takes longer.(and that’s also why it has an expedite wording. Because it is sent only electronically)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Here is an embarrassing question as I just realized my fiancee didn't submit something that I am not wondering whether or not is actually required...

I-94 for beneficiaries that were not IN the US during the time the fiancee submitted the I-129F, but have been to the US before.

When you first look at the I-129F question 37-38, it seems that you answer yes or no and then only answer 38 for the beneficiary if they are in the US while submitting the I-129F. When you look at the instructions, it seems that if you answered yes to the beneficiary having previously visited the united states, they require you to attach their electronic I-94 for their most recent trip to the US. 

Has anyone not done the above and received an RFE because they didn't attach the beneficiaries I-94 for their most recent US visit? @Naes have you seen outcomes for this? 

You’re ok. 

Were you in the US? If not, you’re ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.