Beast333

US to require would-be immigrants to turn over social media handles

318 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Beast333 said:

Yeah i am not relating these two things,just exposing hypocrisy of this administration.

More people are dying by guns that by immigrants so for state secuirty focus should be on gun controL.

I want to expose some hypocrisy here:

You want to ban guns because guns kill,  do you also want to ban immigrants because immigrants kill too? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It just shows how big of a deal social networks have become for many, some even consider it "their life". 

Unless you have something to hide you shouldn't worry at all, right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, mcdull said:

I want to expose some hypocrisy here:

You want to ban guns because guns kill,  do you also want to ban immigrants because immigrants kill too? 

LoL i think read that again.

Which thing is more threat to u.s?

Guns or immigrants?

Millions of immigrants are working here and providing labour and revenue to u.s.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

it would be a good idea if it really worked to protect us from "green card hunters romancing several at the same time "  or against terrorist using social media 

but truth is these type of individuals have multiple phones and mutilple facebook accounts using fake names 

no way is this inforceable

and can' you imagine the work immigration would have to go thru to read and decipher all this information (foreign languages and all)

it would add years to the process 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Beast333 said:

Yeah i am not relating these two things,just exposing hypocrisy of this administration.

More people are dying by guns that by immigrants so for state secuirty focus should be on gun controL.

I know and understand but I'm making the point that we should streamline immigration procedures and also make sure people doesn't have extreme intentions. 

Though honestly govt should focus on nations security and development. His major focus is to demolish immigration, Is it really going to make America greater  ?? 

Where the reforms and development plans ???

Why aren't this administration also focusing on how we get better then anyone else in the world ?

We're not looking at bigger picture. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Beast333 said:

LoL i think read that again.

Which thing is more threat to u.s?

Guns or immigrants?

Millions of immigrants are working here and providing labour and revenue to u.s.

Both could be non-threat or threatening.

Yes, America does provide opportunities to  millions of immigrants, those who came by invitation and uninvited.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mcdull said:

Requesting social media info started when Obama was the president.

and no they aren't asking for passwords.

Nobody is hold your throat and dragging you to apply for a visa, if you aren't comfortable giving out your social media info, then you could stay in Pakistan. 

LoL sorry trump-fan 

but i am already a u.s citizen.

just applying for my spouse.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mcdull said:

Requesting social media info started when Obama was the president.

and no they aren't asking for passwords.

Nobody is hold your throat and dragging you to apply for a visa, if you aren't comfortable giving out your social media info, then you could stay in Pakistan. 

Hey we get your point but it isn't right to say "stay in pakistan". It's a part of the world, They aren't inferior in any way! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

I know and understand but I'm making the point that we should streamline immigration procedures and also make sure people doesn't have extreme intentions. 

Though honestly govt should focus on nations security and development. His major focus is to demolish immigration, Is it really going to make America greater  ?? 

Where the reforms and development plans ???

Why aren't this administration also focusing on how we get better then anyone else in the world ?

We're not looking at bigger picture. 

Thats right

Timeline
Just now, navj1699 said:

Hey we get your point but it isn't right to say "stay in pakistan". It's a part of the world, They aren't inferior in any way! 

what's so offensive about Pakistan?  I never called it inferior. 

If I didn't like the policy, I'd be happy to stay in Hong Kong.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, navj1699 said:

Don't think they ment any degrading or anything to any person from Pakistan but that if someone from any country doesn't want to deal with the checks, background and security wise, to come to the US, then they don't have to. Don't think any disrespect was ment by the statement but definately understand why it may have ocme off like that.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
30 minutes ago, yeahbuddy said:

Well, that isn't quite what I said... This is a waste of time for USCIS. 

We also don't yet know where the line would be drawn on anti-Trump posts. Of course I'm looking at a worst case scenario here, but let's be real, it's not too far fetched to imagine being rejected because you've posted some creative profanities alongside a photo of Trump. 

Like I mentioned earlier: don't post ####### you might be fired for and you'll be fine. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Don't think they ment any degrading or anything to any person from Pakistan but that if someone from any country doesn't want to deal with the checks, background and security wise, to come to the US, then they don't have to. Don't think any disrespect was ment by the statement but definately understand why it may have ocme off like that.

I get your side point, But you can't call out one country's name. It shows where it is going.

Peace.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Truth is, gun control is right now a trending topic, so people like to talk about it, yet they have no idea what they are talking about. 

Their main point is mass shootings, which account only a tiny portion of gun related deaths. 

Give it some time, gun control will stop being the trending topic and people will stop talking about and will get back to the usual stuff.  Meanwhile everyone demands (gun control) what everyone else is repeating over and over again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.