Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MGMA said:

Processing times changed from 18-20 to 17.5-21. UCIS is saying we can do it faster, but not for everyone. Some people will be slower 🤣

Half month faster 😅

Timeline

After 12 years as a green card holder, I submitted my N-400 application on January 6, 2020. On April 30th, my USCIS Account page finally updated with an interview date - June 3, 2021! I'm two weeks away.

I haven't been using this forum until now, but reading this thread really helped me feel confident about the interview and understand that I can expect a same-day oath at the Tukwila field office. This is key for planning the rest of my summer, so thank you ReasonableOrange8KamTheDude123 and others!

This thread also has bomb tips for getting your passport: I am going to prep my passport application and photos ahead of time so I can go to the Bellevue USPS office and do a walk-in application the same day.

Timeline

USCIS website’s estimate is back.

Mine changed from June 2021 to 10 months. 😩

Hi k3vin, I believe the "Estimated time* until case decision" shown is from date of submission. My tracker also came back and says 13 months. I applied in January 2020 and my interview is scheduled for June 2021, so I may be an outlier.

Edited by Per

2 hours ago, Per said:

Hi k3vin, I believe the "Estimated time* until case decision" shown is from date of submission. My tracker also came back and says 13 months. I applied in January 2020 and my interview is scheduled for June 2021, so I may be an outlier.

I think this is accurate. Before it goes down, it would jump high for people who already have an interview. @k3vin you are sure you do not have an interview yet? It might be coming very soon. My wife have one as well and her estimate is 13 months. 

My case is typical and expected: 

image.png.6e3116575c73c257c5a9bdf71f8707b1.png

Edit @k3vin I looked at your timeline, and saw you applied in August. You was set to November, then it was pulled back to June suddenly. Maybe it was a glitch, and probably 10 months is a little far, but it's hard to say you would be done in June. Hope you finish earlier than 10 months though. 

Edited by MGMA

On 5/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, nikgon said:

Anyone else seeing delayed expedited passport processing times as well?

Applied for expedited passport processing on 4/1, it got accepted on 4/14. No news since then. It says the current timeline is "4-6 weeks",  but I'm already past 6.

I guess, it's not like I'm very surprised, but just wanted to see what others here are experiencing. 

Ok, finally received my passport.

Here's the full expedited processing timeline:

-- post office appointment (in Redmond, WA) on 4/1

-- accepted on 4/14

-- approved (and printed) on 5/17

-- shipped (from Little Rock, AR) on 5/18

-- delivered on 5/19

So, 7 weeks all in. Not so expedient! 

BTW, does anyone know whether if you want to make a correction, is there a chance it will get processed sooner than a new passport? Or is there no indication that new and existing passport get processed in different queues and which ones are shorter/faster?

So frustrating. Drive from Everett to uscis they let me in check in and then going second floor. Waiting some lady came out we have to cancel your interview and should be reschedule. She said she called me but I didn’t pick up unknown number or whatever. After 18 months she said she doesn’t have my files ready. Is there any one have same experience!!!

1 hour ago, Ashi2ash said:

So frustrating. Drive from Everett to uscis they let me in check in and then going second floor. Waiting some lady came out we have to cancel your interview and should be reschedule. She said she called me but I didn’t pick up unknown number or whatever. After 18 months she said she doesn’t have my files ready. Is there any one have same experience!!!

Thats frustrating. Sorry to hear.

I had my interview today as well and everything went smooth. For those who have interviews coming up soon here are some key points:

• The only documents I was asked were green card, DL and passport. I had over 5lb of documents with me and now I need to figure out a way to dispose them.
  • Some folks were administered oath by the officer who interviewed them and others were asked to wait for a group oath. This added over an hour for those who had to wait, so plan accordingly. I am still thankful that same day is being offered in Seattle.
  • If possible, try to book your passport appointment when you get scheduled for interview. I applied for my passport today as well and according to the USPS postmaster even expedited application would take between 6 to 8 weeks similar to what @nikgon mentioned above.

Happy to answer any questions.

9 minutes ago, AlienLife said:

Thats frustrating. Sorry to hear.

I had my interview today as well and everything went smooth. For those who have interviews coming up soon here are some key points:

• The only documents I was asked were green card, DL and passport. I had over 5lb of documents with me and now I need to figure out a way to dispose them.
  • Some folks were administered oath by the officer who interviewed them and others were asked to wait for a group oath. This added over an hour for those who had to wait, so plan accordingly. I am still thankful that same day is being offered in Seattle.
  • If possible, try to book your passport appointment when you get scheduled for interview. I applied for my passport today as well and according to the USPS postmaster even expedited application would take between 6 to 8 weeks similar to what @nikgon mentioned above.

Happy to answer any questions.

After 19 month waiting officer came out and she said your file is not here for interview.it’s really funny. My case is updated to uscis actively review your case ...... I had passports appointment for tomorrow and hade trip for Jun 10 . Who cancel interview on day of interview with just calls few hours maybe 2 hours .I read reviews on this page. No one has this experience. I don’t know what to do!!😐

9 minutes ago, Ashi2ash said:

After 19 month waiting officer came out and she said your file is not here for interview.it’s really funny. My case is updated to uscis actively review your case ...... I had passports appointment for tomorrow and hade trip for Jun 10 . Who cancel interview on day of interview with just calls few hours maybe 2 hours .I read reviews on this page. No one has this experience. I don’t know what to do!!😐

I have heard that FBI background check doesn't take all that long so I am not sure when USCIS actually places the request. Surely it has to be after they schedule the interview which is still enough time for the check to be complete. Maybe someone familiar with the inner workings of USCIS can add more detail.

I am sorry that you are going through this and not getting enough notice and possibly cancelling your trip sucks as well. I don't think you can do much at this point till they reschedule the appointment or if they don't get back to you within 30 days then try reaching out to them via phone.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband had his appointment in Portland this morning! His appointment was for 10:55am, he went in at 10:40am and was out by 11:30am. He said the officer was very friendly and put him at ease. They went over his N-400, did the civics test and English tests and he was told he passed! 🥳Downside is that they didn't offer same day oath and the officer said we'll have to wait for a notification on day/time/place as it could be in Portland again or (hopefully) Seattle. The officer mentioned that they were doing an oath ceremony later in the day but said it didn't make sense for us to wait around Portland all day for it. He also asked my husband how long it had been since he did his biometrics as his fingerprints were not in his file (did them January 2020) and that he would get that handled. Hopefully my husband doesn't have to do go back in for fingerprints.

Just wanted to update everyone since I believe we were one of the first in Seattle to be sent to Portland and I know many were interested in if same day oath was being offered. I'm sure I forgot something so let me know if you have any other questions! 

1 hour ago, kels430 said:

My husband had his appointment in Portland this morning! His appointment was for 10:55am, he went in at 10:40am and was out by 11:30am. He said the officer was very friendly and put him at ease. They went over his N-400, did the civics test and English tests and he was told he passed! 🥳Downside is that they didn't offer same day oath and the officer said we'll have to wait for a notification on day/time/place as it could be in Portland again or (hopefully) Seattle. The officer mentioned that they were doing an oath ceremony later in the day but said it didn't make sense for us to wait around Portland all day for it. He also asked my husband how long it had been since he did his biometrics as his fingerprints were not in his file (did them January 2020) and that he would get that handled. Hopefully my husband doesn't have to do go back in for fingerprints.

Just wanted to update everyone since I believe we were one of the first in Seattle to be sent to Portland and I know many were interested in if same day oath was being offered. I'm sure I forgot something so let me know if you have any other questions! 

thank you for sharing your husband experienced. I have my  interview on monday may 24,2021 at 7.30 I am hoping that if they did not offering the oath at the same day, they will schedule the oath at seattle office .Is the officer asking for any vocabulary words for the yes/no question? thank you and congratulation..

Edited by jolyn69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.