Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ghepardo said:

Received notice on 19 May for an naturalization interview at the Portland office on 30 June.  Now the big question for all of us headed to PDX from western WA: will we get a same day oath?...Hopefully those of you in the PDX queue will update the thread. Thanks all!

UPD: thank you! You already did it

When did you apply? Can you add info here?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/htmlview#gid=1497976778

Edited by Guest User

6 minutes ago, Alpa Alpa said:

I received my Interview notification today 05/20/2021. I applied on July 16, 2020. The interview place is the Tukwila office, and the Interview day is  06/23/2021.

Thats amazing! Congratulations. Thats the fastest I have heard for Seattle office.

Was your case any different? Just for fun sakes - what does your estimated time of completion say?

8 minutes ago, swadesi said:

Thats amazing! Congratulations. Thats the fastest I have heard for Seattle office.

Was your case any different? Just for fun sakes - what does your estimated time of completion say?

The estimated time of completion 14 months. But  other members of my family didn't get an appointment. We all applied on the same date. I'm not sure how they are scheduling, but it seems things are improving in the Seattle office.

On 5/7/2021 at 5:02 PM, MGMA said:

Some good news, my wife got scheduled for interview today for Jun 15th. I am still waiting, but nothing.  We filed Jan, 25 2020

Hi @MGMA, I am in the same boat, my wife got her interview notice today in the Seattle office on 6/24, but I haven’t gotten mine, we applied at the same time on February 17th, 2020. Have  you ended up getting yours?

Edited by aaly

1 hour ago, aaly said:

Hi @MGMA, I am in the same boat, my wife got her interview notice today in the Seattle office on 6/24, but I haven’t gotten mine, we applied at the same time on February 17th, 2020. Have  you ended up getting yours?

Not really. Still waiting. Keep us updated. 

2 hours ago, Alpa Alpa said:

The estimated time of completion 14 months. But  other members of my family didn't get an appointment. We all applied on the same date. I'm not sure how they are scheduling, but it seems things are improving in the Seattle office.

Congratulations! It's amazing it's dropping now to 10 months. Do you remember your completion date before the interview show up? It turns to 13 months after the interview notice. If not, maybe what is the waiting time for your family members who applied together? 

1 hour ago, MGMA said:

Congratulations! It's amazing it's dropping now to 10 months. Do you remember your completion date before the interview show up? It turns to 13 months after the interview notice. If not, maybe what is the waiting time for your family members who applied together? 

Yes, I remember it was 11/26/2021.

2 hours ago, Guest User said:

Wow! This is fast! My guess that they process men slowly then women 😕

My husband also still waits, and we both applied in Feb 2020

That is a super note! It make a lot of sense. Only hubbies are waiting in this forum. 🤣

On 5/15/2021 at 9:03 AM, abccba said:

Has anyone changed legal name as part of naturalization and updated the name on social security card during the pandemic? Could you share your experience? Thanks!

Yes, browse through my few recent comments in the history about the name change.

SSN card update is tricky. https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-01981

TL;DR: it's a pain in the elbow. Offices are not yet open, so you'll have to do it over mail. To submit the documents, you need to send them originals of everything: ID, naturalization certificate (or passport) etc. And they don't say how long they take (which means they take forever). So it's another way your documents are potentially going to get locked up somewhere for months with a possibility of loosing them.

Good luck!

Curious to hear experiences of others as well. 

Edited by nikgon

8 hours ago, Guest User said:

Wow! This is fast! My guess that they process men slowly then women 😕

My husband also still waits, and we both applied in Feb 2020

All, I added a gender column to the spread sheet, fill it out when you have a chance. Let's get some meangful stats out of it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.