Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

A friend shared this with me: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/uscis-seattle-district-takes-steps-improve-backlogs-marcouiller#share-modal

so only naturalization applicants from south Seattle are supposed to be transferred to Portland. Can people in this forum confirm if that’s true?

Timeline
11 hours ago, Per said:

After 12 years as a green card holder, I submitted my N-400 application on January 6, 2020. On April 30th, my USCIS Account page finally updated with an interview date - June 3, 2021! I'm two weeks away.

I haven't been using this forum until now, but reading this thread really helped me feel confident about the interview and understand that I can expect a same-day oath at the Tukwila field office. This is key for planning the rest of my summer, so thank you ReasonableOrange8KamTheDude123 and others!

This thread also has bomb tips for getting your passport: I am going to prep my passport application and photos ahead of time so I can go to the Bellevue USPS office and do a walk-in application the same day.

Congratulations on your interview notice! Quick question: why specifically the Bellevue office, are they the only ones taking walkins? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ashi2ash said:

So frustrating. Drive from Everett to uscis they let me in check in and then going second floor. Waiting some lady came out we have to cancel your interview and should be reschedule. She said she called me but I didn’t pick up unknown number or whatever. After 18 months she said she doesn’t have my files ready. Is there any one have same experience!!!

Sorry to hear about your experience 😩, hope you get your interview soon and everything goes smoothly 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Per said:

Hi k3vin, I believe the "Estimated time* until case decision" shown is from date of submission. My tracker also came back and says 13 months. I applied in January 2020 and my interview is scheduled for June 2021, so I may be an outlier.

Mine now says 6 months. I applied July 2020 and initially it said Nov 2021 then Oct 2021 then back to Nov where it stayed. Until recently when it switched to May 2021. Now it says 6 months. So I assume it’s 6 months from now. 

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

1 hour ago, CdnRN said:

Mine now says 6 months. I applied July 2020 and initially it said Nov 2021 then Oct 2021 then back to Nov where it stayed. Until recently when it switched to May 2021. Now it says 6 months. So I assume it’s 6 months from now. 

I also applied July 2020 and my estimation time says 10 months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, kocher said:

I also applied July 2020 and my estimation time says 10 months.

I wonder why there’s a difference. That seems odd. But in reality the actual completion time is all over the place so I suppose it may be accurate??? Sigh. 

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

Timeline
21 minutes ago, CdnRN said:

I wonder why there’s a difference. That seems odd. But in reality the actual completion time is all over the place so I suppose it may be accurate??? Sigh. 

Mine says 9 months, I applied in June 2020.

27 minutes ago, CdnRN said:

Those estimates are never accurate. My estimates were few days 3 months ago, and then turned to "we are taking longer than expected". Then it got reset and counted down from 24 days, and then "we are taking longer than expected" again. I think in your case guys, it will be much faster than 10 months. There is already a reported interview of April on the spreadsheet. So I say 3-4 more months you will have an interview. Before COVID they were at 10 months rate overall and now since they are moving cases to Portland again like before COVID, you will be much faster. 

Edited by MGMA

16 hours ago, kels430 said:

My husband had his appointment in Portland this morning! His appointment was for 10:55am, he went in at 10:40am and was out by 11:30am. He said the officer was very friendly and put him at ease. They went over his N-400, did the civics test and English tests and he was told he passed! 🥳Downside is that they didn't offer same day oath and the officer said we'll have to wait for a notification on day/time/place as it could be in Portland again or (hopefully) Seattle. The officer mentioned that they were doing an oath ceremony later in the day but said it didn't make sense for us to wait around Portland all day for it. He also asked my husband how long it had been since he did his biometrics as his fingerprints were not in his file (did them January 2020) and that he would get that handled. Hopefully my husband doesn't have to do go back in for fingerprints.

Just wanted to update everyone since I believe we were one of the first in Seattle to be sent to Portland and I know many were interested in if same day oath was being offered. I'm sure I forgot something so let me know if you have any other questions! 

@kels430Congratulations to you and your husband! I have my interview next Wednesday the 26 of May also in Portland and really hoping for a same day oath option. Since only the interviewee can attend I will either have my husband drop me off or drive myself while my husband waits at the hotel are you able to share what the parking situation is like? Thanks in advance.

Edited by LaLily

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Received notice on 19 May for an naturalization interview at the Portland office on 30 June.  Now the big question for all of us headed to PDX from western WA: will we get a same day oath?...Hopefully those of you in the PDX queue will update the thread. Thanks all!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, LaLily said:

@kels430Congratulations to you and your husband! I have my interview next Wednesday the 26 of May also in Portland and really hoping for a same day oath option. Since only the interviewee can attend I will either have my husband drop me off or drive myself while my husband waits at the hotel are you able to share what the parking situation is like? Thanks in advance.

We parked on street using a parking app that Portland uses called "Parking Kitty", but there was also a parking lot across the street to the west that you can park in. We didn't have any problem finding parking.

2 hours ago, ghepardo said:

Received notice on 19 May for an naturalization interview at the Portland office on 30 June.  Now the big question for all of us headed to PDX from western WA: will we get a same day oath?...Hopefully those of you in the PDX queue will update the thread. Thanks all!

We had our appointment yesterday in Portland and my husband was not offered same day oath. I believe there is someone else in this thread who has an appointment today or tomorrow who will hopefully share if they were offered it or not. The officer said we would potentially have to go back to Portland for the oath but that Seattle was also a possibility. Now just waiting for it to be scheduled and show up on our account.

8 minutes ago, kels430 said:

We parked on street using a parking app that Portland uses called "Parking Kitty", but there was also a parking lot across the street to the west that you can park in. We didn't have any problem finding parking.

We had our appointment yesterday in Portland and my husband was not offered same day oath. I believe there is someone else in this thread who has an appointment today or tomorrow who will hopefully share if they were offered it or not. The officer said we would potentially have to go back to Portland for the oath but that Seattle was also a possibility. Now just waiting for it to be scheduled and show up on our account.

Thank you for responding. Please keep us posted on whether or not you have to go back to Portland for oath. Keeping my fingers crossed your husband gets his oath in Seattle. :) 

9 minutes ago, kels430 said:

Didn't you mention he was offered the oath, but later that day? And you didn't want to hang around Portland all day. Or maybe I misread it? 

I am going in 3 weeks... Hopefully don't have to go to Portland twice. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Birdy-flying said:

Didn't you mention he was offered the oath, but later that day? And you didn't want to hang around Portland all day. Or maybe I misread it? 

I am going in 3 weeks... Hopefully don't have to go to Portland twice. 

The officer mentioned there was an oath ceremony later in the day but didn't actually give my husband the option of going to it, he just said we'd get a notification in the mail and he hoped we wouldn't have to come all the way back down there. Interested to see if other Portland people are given the option though! 

24 minutes ago, LaLily said:

Thank you for responding. Please keep us posted on whether or not you have to go back to Portland for oath. Keeping my fingers crossed your husband gets his oath in Seattle. :) 

I haven't been to an interview in Portland but I read an article that clarified that the oath ceremony for people that live in Seattle but interviewed in Portland will be in Seattle. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.