Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, Wayne- said:

Just did this last month mailed to the downtown Seattle office.  NC was returned in 2 weeks, name was changed in 2 weeks and the new card arrived in mail at  3 weeks. 

After a call to the help line

- they asked for our address and then told us to send to the Seattle Office (915 2nd ave).   The Rep I talked to said you should send to the office that serves your area.  Afterwards, I used this webpage and it gave me the same address  secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

- we sent overnight USPS

- the Rep also said

* send to: ATTN CSR Unit (department that does name changes)

* use certified mail

- we included all docs to show name change, which for us was NC and Marriage certificate (she waited until NC to use marriage name)

We watched for progress by creating an account on "My Social Security" on ssa.gov.    The last name changed on the online account a week before we received the new card in the mail.  

A rant on USPS,  the online tracking of the letter showed it was delivered to a different zip code then the office location.   I had waved the signature requirement,  as I did not want the letter held up a day or so waiting for a mail room person providing a signature, knowing that some of the large buildings just get mail left in a lock box in the basement.   This was because of a DOL issue I posted earlier.  This caused us a bit of stress thinking about lost mail, as I was looking up wait times for the replacement  time Certificate of Naturalization Document.

Thanks for sharing this, anyone with similar experience at the Bellevue office? I've been trying to get connected to an agent for days but it seems to be an impossible task.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Me and my wife both have our Biometrics scheduled on 02/11 in the USCIS Tukwila office at 8 AM PST . We have a 2 month old infant and a 4 year old.  Given the early time of the day and given the COVID pandemic we are not comfortable with alternative arrangements.  Can we take our kids with us to the appointment ?  Are there any options that are easier than rescheduling .? .. Like would they consider one of us waiting outside in the car while the other completes the appointment ? 

How long does Biometrics take to complete in this office ? 

Edited by arnab221

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 2:34 PM, na-1 said:

@Jaanu-96 another idea I thought of: find a close friend who is currently renting in Seattle, and get them to add your name to the lease. Will cost you very little to do, and you can get yourself removed once your interview is complete.

This is a terrible idea, don't do that, it can be seen as fraudulent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Do NOTHING fraudulent.  Recommending fraudulent activity violates the site's Terms of Service.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/15/2022 at 2:19 AM, arnab221 said:

Me and my wife both have our Biometrics scheduled on 02/11 in the USCIS Tukwila office at 8 AM PST . We have a 2 month old infant and a 4 year old.  Given the early time of the day and given the COVID pandemic we are not comfortable with alternative arrangements.  Can we take our kids with us to the appointment ?  Are there any options that are easier than rescheduling .? .. Like would they consider one of us waiting outside in the car while the other completes the appointment ? 

How long does Biometrics take to complete in this office ? 

Folks , 

Looking for responses to  help plan better. Please help if you can. 

8 minutes ago, arnab221 said:

Folks , 

Looking for responses to  help plan better. Please help if you can. 

Rescheduling is a mess with USCIS. Try to go early instead of on time and let the guard know of your situation. They probably will be okay with one person waiting outside with the kids and do the biometrics afterwards.

Hi everyone.  I have my interview soon and had a question.

My application was based on the 5 year rule having gotten my green card through employment.

I plan on taking the following to my interview:

• Interview notice
  • Green card, Driving license, and passports
  • Driving record showing citations and their clearance
  • Birth certificate
  • Tax transcripts

Is there anything else you would recommend?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown very large in size, so it's now closed to further comment.  The continuation thread is here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/777405-n-400-seattle-part-2/

---

Be sure to carry unfinished conversations to the new thread!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.