Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AlienLife said:

This is what I recently read on reddit which seems to be the most common recommendation: 

If you're applying on the basis of marriage to a US citizen, you need to bring 3 years of IRS transcripts.

If you owe taxes or are in an otherwise irregular situation with the IRS, you need to bring 5 years of IRS transcripts, or 3 years if applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US citizen.

If you've taken any trips abroad lasting more than 6 months but less than a year, you need to bring 5 years of IRS transcripts, or 3 years if applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US citizen.

That said I still plan on bringing last 5 years of transcripts to my interview because I dont want to risk a RFE for something that I have easily available.

Thanks What if no marriage for citizen and no tax owe do  still need to bring tax  transcript ? 

20 minutes ago, Kam🇺🇸 said:

Thanks What if no marriage for citizen and no tax owe do  still need to bring tax  transcript ? 

I would personally bring every single document you think can help. You do not want to have a chance of them asking for RFE, like others mentioned. You can download and print those transcripts from your online account in IRS. 

2 hours ago, MGMA said:

This is beautiful, a 12 months processing time. Good luck everyone:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=149303 

Wow. That's why there must be more factors than simply just the date of application... We just don't know about them. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.