Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marofams said:

I just saw someone on reddit who had his interview 2 days ago at the Seattle office he filed in September 2019. I'm starting to think that they might have 2 pipelines, one to Seattle and one to Portland. Good luck!

Wow, really? It would be great if you have the link handy and share it with us. It's not really clear how and what order they are doing things. 

17 minutes ago, MGMA said:

Wow, really? It would be great if you have the link handy and share it with us. It's not really clear how and what order they are doing things. 

Sure! I follow the USCIS subreddit in general, it's not organized by field office but you always come across people from Seattle like the above. 

1 hour ago, marofams said:

I just saw someone on reddit who had his interview 2 days ago at the Seattle office he filed in September 2019. I'm starting to think that they might have 2 pipelines, one to Seattle and one to Portland. Good luck!

I saw that post as well but if you look at posters history they had an expedited N-400 request approved which explains why their interview was scheduled so quickly.

2 hours ago, marofams said:

I just got my interview scheduled in Portland (I live in South King County).  Applied on 3/23/2020 and interview is 6/15/2021. I updated the tracker. 

Congratulations!

7 minutes ago, marofams said:

Sure! I follow the USCIS subreddit in general, it's not organized by field office but you always come across people from Seattle like the above. 

I wish you did not share 🤣🤣🤣🤣 The guy applied on Sept 2020 not 2019. This is a super expedited application process. 

56 minutes ago, AlienLife said:

I saw that post as well but if you look at posters history they had an expedited N-400 request approved which explains why their interview was scheduled so quickly.

Congratulations!

Thanks! That might make some sense, at least it's not completely random. I really wish they kept going in order, it's just so stressful for everyone otherwise. 

Are there any risks for the application/interview(submitted in Jan 2020) if I travel overseas? Do I have to update the application or submit anything to USCIS if I go?

I am planning a short trip to Mexico for the end of this month (assuming my interview date won't be during that period) and was just wondering if that would complicate anything in my application. I haven't travelled abroad since submitting the N-400 application (mostly due to COVID).

18 minutes ago, KurzaDupa said:

Are there any risks for the application/interview(submitted in Jan 2020) if I travel overseas? Do I have to update the application or submit anything to USCIS if I go?

I am planning a short trip to Mexico for the end of this month (assuming my interview date won't be during that period) and was just wondering if that would complicate anything in my application. I haven't travelled abroad since submitting the N-400 application (mostly due to COVID).

I don't think it will complicate. We traveled recently, and I think it should be ok. Just make sure that you stay in the US for at least 2 weeks before interview (it's a new requirement because of COVID).

Just now, k3vin said:

Yes. Hopefully when it comes back, the personalized time estimate will be working.

That's my thought! Not that it's accurate for us, but I am concerned that it's also impacting their scheduling process 

On 4/30/2021 at 12:05 PM, MGMA said:

Hi guys, who have luck to reach out to a Tier 2 officer. I need help please, when you ask for a tier 2 officer, do you get transferred directly? Or do they tell you we will schedule a time for you and call you back?

I was told they will call me back within 14 days. Has this been always the case? 

If your request is urgent (and you can justify it), you can ask to upgrade the Tier 2 case priority. Then they will get back to you within 3 days. In my case, I had less than a week till the appointment and I didn't have the invitation letter. So they opened an urgent case and called me within a day.

I'll warn you:

1) They don't tell you when they are going to call. So make sure you're ALWAYS at your phone and it's on and you don't have unknown caller silencing in the settings

2) If they miss you, they just close the case. You'll have to reopen it and wait another 1-3 days.

3) Make sure you tell them which time zone you're in. They are calling from ET and by default use your application's time zone to contact you. If you happen to be somewhere else, you need to let them know. Otherwise, they might call you at 5 am and you'll miss it.

Good luck.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:36 AM, Kam🇺🇸 said:

can I ask to change my name same day as interview ? 
Not making  delay my case for oath ? 

or how long take change name at court ? 

The Seattle branch doesn't do name changes, period. You can't "ask" them. Even if you request a name change on the application, they won't do it unless you do it yourself in court and then bring the order with you to the interview. That's the only way.

If you go through court, it has no impact on the oath. No delays.

Name change in the court (in Seattle) is nearly instant. Show up to the Seattle Municipal Court at 9 am to submit your application and pay in cash, they will schedule the hearing for the same day. You'll have your court order in the afternoon. Very easy.

5 minutes ago, nikgon said:

If your request is urgent (and you can justify it), you can ask to upgrade the Tier 2 case priority. Then they will get back to you within 3 days. In my case, I had less than a week till the appointment and I didn't have the invitation letter. So they opened an urgent case and called me within a day.

I'll warn you:

1) They don't tell you when they are going to call. So make sure you're ALWAYS at your phone and it's on and you don't have unknown caller silencing in the settings

2) If they miss you, they just close the case. You'll have to reopen it and wait another 1-3 days.

3) Make sure you tell them which time zone you're in. They are calling from ET and by default use your application's time zone to contact you. If you happen to be somewhere else, you need to let them know. Otherwise, they might call you at 5 am and you'll miss it.

Good luck.

Welcome back Mr/Ms citizen lol. They called yesterday, and they can do nothing. Same response you get, you are in the line for interview scheduling and we can not tell any estimates.

By the way, can I ask how long did you expedited passport took? Do you have it yet?  

19 minutes ago, MGMA said:

Welcome back Mr/Ms citizen lol. They called yesterday, and they can do nothing. Same response you get, you are in the line for interview scheduling and we can not tell any estimates.

By the way, can I ask how long did you expedited passport took? Do you have it yet?  

Haha, thank you! Everyone here was so helpful when I had difficulties, just want to give back when I can.

I submitted my passport application two hours after the oath (a kind soul from here passed their appointment to me, very sweet) on 4/1.

It got accepted on 4/14.

Never heard anything since then.

As you probably all know, the official word is that even "expedited" is 4-6 weeks these days. So I'm already 5. Not holding my breath, honestly.

A bonus rant. I had a legitimate qualifying emergency recently. Tried getting an emergency appointment at the Seattle Passport Agency and after literally a dozen attempts just gave up. What a bunch of unempathetic monsters. I don't want to go into the details, but it was a legitimate urgent need to travel. And they just said "too bad for you, deal with it". Anyway, hope no-one would find themselves in such circumstances in the first place. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.