Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2021 at 9:02 PM, jolyn69 said:

Hello everyone. First thank  You Lord ..and secondly thank you to all visa journey members  who helping me a lot answering all my questions since  I started my journey here in the US.

I would like to share my interview experience in PORTLAND OR so i can give you some idea how it goes .Because my appointment is so early 7:30 am today (05-24-21) i decided to stay in the hotel. I arrived at 7:10  am so the security told me to wait 5 more minutes outside. exactly 7:15 they allow us to enter the building and check our belongings together with my interview letter. He  told me to go upstairs and stay in the waiting area. The immigration lady officer call my name around 7:40 .She is very nice and make me comfortable. she asking me my passport ,drivers licence and green card. Before she will start the test she offer me to take an oath if i will pass.

first civic test

-what month we vote for president

-what do some states have more representatives that other state

-we elect the representative for how many years

-who was the president during the world war 1

-what is the capital of your state

-what stop of government from becoming too powerful

Reading test

what is the capital of united states

Writing test

Washington D.C. is the capital of united states

Information about Me

-are you living same address on your application 

-are you still working at same employer 

-are you re marry (no) (because i am widow)

yes/no.

Have you ever claimed to be a U.S citizen 

Do you owe any overdue tax

The IO told me  congratulations . I takes only 12 minutes and I am done .She told me to  come back at 2 pm for my oath ceremony. We have 15 persons in the room and takes only 5 minutes. I am now a U.S. citizen .I am so happy and thankful that i took my oath at the same day so i  could not come back . Hope everyone  who are from Seattle and transfer to Portland have a good experience and Good luck.

I found one! OMG thank YOU so much very helpful! now i need to study for civic test. I was not expecting to get interview until end of Sept 2021

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
3 hours ago, TamHMB said:

OMG this is true! haha!

i got my date now, July 12th and it will be in Portland Oregon 7:30AM 

Did i anyone done the interview in Portland yet? can you shar eyour experiences? and Civic questions and are they doing the same day oath? 

Many thanks and sorry if someone already did and i didn't see. 

N400

Filed Online : 05/26/2021

Biometrics Reuse: 12/14/2020

Interview Notice: 06/04/2021

Interview Date: 07/12/2021

image.png.d0793148ed8dfbb1ce532063b11667c4.png

Congratulations 👏👏👏

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

I have a question about the test. For questions where it has multiple answers and it does not state one or two, do we have to reply with all options or just one of them. Example below -

Why did the colonists fight the British?

1)because of high taxes (taxation without representation)
2)because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering)
3)because they didn’t have self-government

2 hours ago, MGMA said:

Finally interview scheduled! 3 weeks later than expected in the excel sheet. Even 5 weeks later than my own expectation. All interviews have 1 months notice as we have seen here, my notice is 6 weeks lol. I am being delayed to the most possible, screwed up all my travel plans as passport will take another 6 weeks at least and school will start by the time 🤣, but at least I am now reliefed with a date on July 22nd.

Finally! Congratulations. I know you've waited a long time for this. Hope the interview goes well and there are no more delays. Try to make a passport appointment on or after July 22nd so you dont have to wait any longer.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, MMSM said:

I have a question about the test. For questions where it has multiple answers and it does not state one or two, do we have to reply with all options or just one of them. Example below -

Why did the colonists fight the British?

1)because of high taxes (taxation without representation)
2)because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering)
3)because they didn’t have self-government

Just one is sufficient. For questions that require multiple answers, it is explicitly stated in the question. For example: There were 13 original states. Name three.

My interview was scheduled. I didn't receive any message or notification as I was expected. I just randomly found out by logging in my account after I read about @MGMA post 😁. It was updated  today at 7:51pm. 

It's funny because it shows that my approx completion is 13 months when it was 5 months last week. I filed on February 29 2020. 

Have you guys been getting your interview letter online? (I know they said I'll receive intrustuctions via mail). But can you see it somewhere online? 

Thanks you. 

5 hours ago, MGMA said:

Finally interview scheduled! 3 weeks later than expected in the excel sheet. Even 5 weeks later than my own expectation. All interviews have 1 months notice as we have seen here, my notice is 6 weeks lol. I am being delayed to the most possible, screwed up all my travel plans as passport will take another 6 weeks at least and school will start by the time 🤣, but at least I am now reliefed with a date on July 22nd.

Did you see your interview date online? Or waited for the mail? If online, where do you see it and how long does is take to appear? 

🙏

Congrats @MGMAand @Lilmama!

to answer your question first, I looked at the documents tab and saw my letter with the interview date.

I have a question to ask, too. How soon should my flight tickets be if I opt for expedited service? We will be applying for passports for the entire family at once and are thinking of having plane tickets first. Will that help them be processed sooner? Would 3-4 weeks be safe or is there a chance the passports won’t be ready? I have moved across the state and now live too far to come to Seattle for the super expedited service (3 weeks or less).

15 hours ago, MGMA said:

Awesome! Long time coming for sure., happy for you! 

11 hours ago, Lilmama said:

My interview was scheduled. I didn't receive any message or notification as I was expected. I just randomly found out by logging in my account after I read about @MGMA post 😁. It was updated  today at 7:51pm. 

It's funny because it shows that my approx completion is 13 months when it was 5 months last week. I filed on February 29 2020. 

Have you guys been getting your interview letter online? (I know they said I'll receive intrustuctions via mail). But can you see it somewhere online? 

Thanks you. 

Congratulations!!

My case status switched to "As of June 7, 2021, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you."

When I go to interview section, I see case history as:

June 7, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
June 7, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

Is this happening for everyone? Or did they change their mind? I am worried as some people went to USCIS and they were told their interview was cancelled. I still have the interview letter in the documents tab. @Lilmama is this your case? Also, did you find out when is your interview? 

Hello all!

Just wanted to let you know that I had a successful combo (---pending I 751 and N 400) interview and oath yesterday in Portland, OR. So I am a happy US Citizen now. :)

About my experience:

The interview was at 7 am on Monday (yesterday) so we decided to make a family road trip out of it and already left for Portland on Friday. We took our child to the interview too, no problem. 

On the way down we checked Mt Saint Helens- do it if you haven't done it yet. Its really amazing. On Saturday we went to the Columbia River Gorge and seen a few lookout points and waterfalls, including the famous Multnomah Falls, highly recommended if you ever get a chance! The weather was a bit crazy, 10 minutes rain- 10 minutes sunshine changing all day... The city of Portland is just weird. There is no other word, I guess if you have been, you can agree... LOL 😀 We also visited Portland downtown, the Oregon Zoo and the Rose Garden. 

We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott (Pearl district). This is the closest hotel to the USCIS office- walking distance! Price wise it was about the same as other downtown hotels. I highly recommend the hotel, the breakfast was included too. The valet parking is a bit pricey, but well worth it to know the car is "locked away" and safe at night. This part of the Pearl district is nice, many coffee shops and restaurants, some small city parks, every other person is walking a dog. Huge dog lover city.  😊

On Monday morning we all dressed up nice and walked to the USCIS building. It was a 10 min walk, really. The building is much smaller scale than the Seattle one. The security is a breeze, and the waiting area is upstairs. 

The whole interview was 30 min, super quick, friendly young female officer. 

15 min for the I 751, they asked a few questions about the marriage, where we met, kids, etc., the photos helped a lot, but the officer did not ask for any other documents (other than IDs, passport, green card) even though I had a bunch of documents with me as proof.  

Only 15 min for the N 400!!! Started with the Civics, then reading, writing. The Civics questions were the simpler ones --to my surprise, like what's your state capital, which ocean is on the west side, how many amendments are there to the Constitution. Then questions about trips outside the US and the Yes/No questions.

The oath was scheduled for the same day at 2 40pm. In the hotel I requested a late check out, so we went out for breakfast (Fuller's Coffee Shop- also walking distance-recommended) we stayed until 12 in the hotel, then pass the time at the mall downtown. 

There is plenty of parking around the building. There is a fenced parking lot just across the street, but there is plenty of street parking too. So no worries about parking! For the oath there were multiple lines, I got there pretty early, so I saw the 2 20pm oath takers forming the line too. Just gotta find your line. I talked with 2 ladies while waiting, they were both from Tacoma, drove down that morning for the same deal like me- interview and oath. About 20 people took the oath at the same time in a large room. 

And that's about it. I still stare at my certificate of naturalization, multiple times since I got it and it is still hard to believe it all happened, but yes it did and I am a US Citizen finally!  💖

Good luck to all who is still waiting. 😎

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.