Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

I received my interview date this morning!

My application was submitted on March 24, 2020 (received on March 25, 2020)

Interview notification received online today - June 14, 2021

Interview date - July 29, 2021 at the Seattle office.

I was hoping my interview would be in July. Before they changed things on the system recently, my "time until decision" was 3 months (which meant July), but then they changed it to 6 months in the beginning of June, which would have meant an interview by the end of October. Thankful that I don't have to wait that long for my interview. 😃 

Thank you to all who have shared their timelines and interview experiences. It is a big help!

Edited by LNN

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, seahawk24 said:

I know someone who had their interview today in Tukwila but no Oath ceremony. The system was down. Does anyone recall how long before the notice for Oath comes?

We received our notice for the oath exactly a week after the interview. There was 9 days between the notice and the oath ceremony. 

i

42 minutes ago, MGMA said:

I have few parking tickets and a red light camera ticket few years ago, how do I get a full record to bring it with me to the interview? I did not report them in my application. 

I would not worry about those. Dont think they will ask you that. I had mine today and system was also still down so no oath.

@Kels430 - wont be needing that appointment for now.

1 hour ago, MGMA said:

I have few parking tickets and a red light camera ticket few years ago, how do I get a full record to bring it with me to the interview? I did not report them in my application. 

Hello, these kind of tickets are called infractions. I have never heard anyone get asked for their infractions by USCIS. I guess it is common to get a parking ticket in Seattle area.

24 minutes ago, seahawk24 said:

i

I would not worry about those. Dont think they will ask you that. I had mine today and system was also still down so no oath.

@Kels430 - wont be needing that appointment for now.

Hello, congratulations on your interview.

Do you get to choose on when to have the Oath ceremony?

Just got my citizenship in Yakima yesterday (I moved over a month ago). If anyone is considering a move, I can certify that it does speed things up :)

wondering how long it actually takes to get passports - has anyone paid for expedited processing? Did you actually get it within 4-6 weeks? How long did it take if you did not pay for it to be expedited? Does it help to bring a plane ticket, or does that only help if you do the emergency 72-hour before travel visit?

I got my citizenship from Portland yesterday. They have same day oath available from 1:40 to 2:40 (4 ceremonies) and they fill them in order. The process was very quick and similar to most people here, they didn't see any documents other than the green card and passport. 

Civics questions: 1. What's Benjamin Franklin famous for?

2. Capital of your state?

3. Name of the war between the North and the South?

4. Why 13 stripes on the flag?

5. Name of the first 10 amendments of the Constitution?

6. Can't remember!

English: Read: Who was George Washington?

Write: Washington was the first president.

Answered the yes and no questions and that was it!

Good luck everyone!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Interesting update by USCIS .They claim to have reduced backlogs by 100,000 between January and June( 6 months) . They also claim to have naturalized an average of 730000 citizens yearly. 

"In the case of naturalization, we have successfully returned to pre-pandemic levels and reduced our backlogs by 100,000 since January 2021." 
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/statement-from-uscis-acting-director-tracy-renaud-in-honor-of-immigrant-heritage-month

So here is where we are: 

Applications Pending : 1 Million ( Source : https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/N400_performancedata_fy2021_qtr1.pdf
Applications processed : 730000

Backlog : 300,000 per year

On 6/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, GiannaGigi said:

Just got my citizenship in Yakima yesterday (I moved over a month ago). If anyone is considering a move, I can certify that it does speed things up :)

wondering how long it actually takes to get passports - has anyone paid for expedited processing? Did you actually get it within 4-6 weeks? How long did it take if you did not pay for it to be expedited? Does it help to bring a plane ticket, or does that only help if you do the emergency 72-hour before travel visit?

CONGRATULATIONS! You was going to be my model if I did not have an interview by now. There was someone posted here few days ago that they got passport expedited in 3 weeks total, with paying overnight shipping. When you file your application, there is a question when do you plan to travel, to me, it means you can submit a proof of this. Maybe ask the USPS agent when submitting your document if they would take a plane ticket as a proof of travel. 

On 6/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, MGMA said:

During a consultation, an immigration lawyer was able to pull those records very easily. I am not sure from which website but I am pretty there are some out there that you can find. I will look into that and let you know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.