TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, h&y said:

No, you were judging. I don't defend comments I don't agree with and I don't defend the USCIS but no one knows how they work. Even ex employees can't answer straight when asked how things are done there. We just don't know the process. I thought after getting my NOA2 , I'd be less stressed but that isn't true. It starts a whole new waiting game. And it makes for a fiancé to run around like a manic trying to get his documents and translate them into English. The stress doesn't end. And it won't end when you're here. There is nothing to do but be patient. 

NO, I am not judging USA .. but yes USCIS .. you do not need to be offended and defend your country that i love. I said office in underdeveloped country compared to the ones I know myself... lol...   We do not know how they work, like you said ... I remember you saying that you called USCIS a lot before your NOA2, I'm sure you understand me at that moment without patience and anxiety for being with whom we love.
Thanks for your advice ... let us know of the period after NOA2, it will be of great help.
I'll be cheering for you ... so that you can soon get married and be happy with your loved one who goes to your country as well. Good luck.

Edited by Luciano Frigo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Riane and Chad said:

I woke up pass 3am my time and checked the app (I got used to checking it all the time) I didnt even reload the page but it says case was approved! I couldnt believe and checked my status on the old website and it says we’re approved! :dance:  Now I’ll try to go back to sleep :)

Noa1 - 09/25

Noa2 - 03/28

Btw, I also checked on the new website and it still says case was received. I pray @naes got her approval too and more noa2s for all the other berries! (L)

congrats girl thats a good news....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks for all the love and congratulations! Good luck to all those who are still waiting! I know that this perhaps sounds a bit flippant coming from one who was just approved, but try not to stress too much and stay positive! This too shall pass and you will be with your loves before you know it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Luciano Frigo said:

The patience of some here including mine no longer exists. It's a difficult process, yes, but the problem is not my patience, it's the USCIS, your system that does not work for a service that we pay. We do not have to beg. They lie by saying they are on August 30, and you wanting to teach me how to have a successful marriage?!? I do not know what's worse.... 

I've spent more than 6 months like a lot of people in this process, and nothing. USCIS looks more like an office in an underdeveloped country. Their way of work is flawed and not fair.

It's easy to say "have patience" when you're with your fiancé... 

Sorry to hear your patience has run out.   I think it is going to be a tough road ahead for you.  

Since this is a forum intended to help others and learn from each other, perhaps you can educate me with the source of your information because it is inconsistent with what I am reading.   I do not see anywhere that the USCIS states that "they are on August 30th", suggesting they have not advanced past that date.   The source of my information is  https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/   It states "We have posted a Case Inquiry Date in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case. If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request  Maybe I am reading wrong, but I believe that it is saying if your case receipt date is before August 30th, you are in normal processing time.   If my understanding is wrong, I would like to understand why so I do not risk misinforming others.

As far as offering you personal marriage advice, I am not a counselor, so I have noting to offer you.   But if the petitioner is not prepared to wait another 30, 60, or even 90 days, it will be difficult for them.   That is all I am trying to say.   It was not intended to be taken personally by anyone.  But it is a known fact that lengthily additional wait is likely happen to some here. :( .  Those who not already aware of that probably should be.

I have been away from my fiancee for 4 months and do not expect to see her until she gets her Visa hopefully in August.  I feel your pain about that also.    Sorry your day is not going very well.  :(

17 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Sorry to hear your patience has run out.   I think it is going to be a tough road ahead for you.  

Since this is a forum intended to help others and learn from each other, perhaps you can educate me with the source of your information because it is inconsistent with what I am reading.   I do not see anywhere that the USCIS states that "they are on August 30th", suggesting they have not advanced past that date.   The source of my information is  https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/   It states "We have posted a Case Inquiry Date in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case. If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request  Maybe I am reading wrong, but I believe that it is saying if your case receipt date is before August 30th, you are in normal processing time.   If my understanding is wrong, I would like to understand why so I do not risk misinforming others.

As far as offering you personal marriage advice, I am not a counselor, so I have noting to offer you.   But if the petitioner is not prepared to wait another 30, 60, or even 90 days, it will be difficult for them.   That is all I am trying to say.   It was not intended to be taken personally by anyone.  But it is a known fact that lengthily additional wait is likely happen to some here. :( .  Those who not already aware of that probably should be.

I have been away from my fiancee for 4 months and do not expect to see her until she gets her Visa hopefully in August.  I feel your pain about that also.    Sorry your day is not going very well.  :(

My case is 9/11 ... I have faith that at the right time everything will happen ... I'm with 198 days ... and the patience we get somewhere, one day we'll laugh about it all.
About August / 30, they told someone, I read a few pages ago on the topic, but it's a lie. Let's just wait! 
:wacko:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Luciano Frigo said:

About August / 30, they told someone, I read a few pages ago on the topic, but it's a lie. Let's just wait! :wacko:

Yes, it seems that the quality of information from the Contact Center is often questionable.   It seems that the support staff do not understand how to explain the purpose of the date.   

I was joking with @Naesrecently about the recent text change made to the website where "customer support" was reworded to read "contact center".   Apparently even USCIS knows they were overselling the help you might receive if you call them.  My advice is to avoid calling them unless you have a specific problem with your case based on incorrect action they have taken.  Otherwise the caller is almost guaranteed to be left empty handed and dissatisfied, being only offered an opportunity to call back in 30 days.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Naes said:

Ok so if it’s ok for everyone for me to not do the scans for a day, I’m gonna give that a try?

Whether you like it or not @Naes, you have become the backbone of the K1 forums.  I guess if you take a day off, we all need to prepare for the deluge of "where are the scans?" posts.   Maybe we can write a Chatbot to replace you with.   :jest:

Hmm, how would that work?     Maybe posting a random list of dates and numbers and a bargraph every 6 hours might work.  Do you think anyone would really notice if it was fake?  :rofl:

Edited by JoelThai

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

As my nickname is by mistake I thought of changing once to the one I wanted....it was too late...scared of town people with their forks and the riot that may occur, I live with Naes...

so im even scared of trying to take that day off 🤣🤣🤣 And it’s not like I could really stop looking :jest:

Maybe that is why your approval has been delayed,   USCIS is trying to figure out what a Naes is.  :D

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

I couldn’t confirm that yet cause the system is still new. But so far I believe what used to be silent appears in the new system. As many people who got silent confirmed now they can see it in that system as an approval.

not all cases update in the new system, and not all cases update in the old system, sometimes both happen. But I couldn’t confirm when it doesn’t happen at all. 

I thought that I wouldn't get approval from the old system also thought it was a silent message. 
But the result was that the old system confirmed it. I think the new system will log in every other day after approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

As my nickname is by mistake I thought of changing once to the one I wanted....it was too late...scared of town people with their forks and the riot that may occur, I live with Naes...

so im even scared of trying to take that day off 🤣🤣🤣 And it’s not like I could really stop looking :jest:

Actually, I will lead the riot!🔨🗿🛠🗡🏹

I panicked when I didn't see the the usual blue/white coloured love birds' Profile Picture, I was used to. Until, I saw the name naes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.