TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
21 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

The world is soooo tiny, my fiancé is from Alameda, just next to Oakland :wub: And agreed, I wasn't as thrilled about Little Italy either 🙈

Ohhh, I went to the beach in Alameda! It was nice! But unfortunately he had to move for work to Fresno, so no bay area anymore and no beach anymore :(

20 minutes ago, baggles said:

Ohhh, I went to the beach in Alameda! It was nice! But unfortunately he had to move for work to Fresno, so no bay area anymore and no beach anymore :(

Oh, bummer! But at least you guys save a LOT on housing and you can come visit 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
11 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

Oh, bummer! But at least you guys save a LOT on housing and you can come visit 🤗

Exactly, that's the plan. We also have friends in Oakland, so we'll definitely be back once in a while! But that's true, Fresno is so much cheaper than the bay area! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So the RFE arrived - they're asking for proof of having met within the last two years despite the fact we sent them a few pictures of us together, flight tickets, receipts from hotels etc. Should we resend the same thing over again?

There's one more thing - they want passport stamps and while I do have my passport stamped from my time in Canada, my fiance doesn't - he's from the US, I'm guessing it just wasn't neccessary? Would a return ticket be enough proof?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Justkeepgoing said:

So the RFE arrived - they're asking for proof of having met within the last two years despite the fact we sent them a few pictures of us together, flight tickets, receipts from hotels etc. Should we resend the same thing over again?

There's one more thing - they want passport stamps and while I do have my passport stamped from my time in Canada, my fiance doesn't - he's from the US, I'm guessing it just wasn't neccessary? Would a return ticket be enough proof?

passport stamps are really important, just put whichever you can find of those.

Did you send boarding passes? 

plane tickets are not always considered hard evidence, but a boarding pass is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, celepang said:

Hey, 

I was employed during the time. However, I was an intern/contractor for about 3-4 months. which make getting a verification letter a bit more difficult. 

celepang

Do you have your payment stubs?
Does have dates and employers on them. Maybe those will work?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, h&y said:

I'm starting to think it's on a case by case basis as to what they're looking for. It's so random these RFEs. I wonder why what you sent wasn't accepted if you sent all of the above? I sent in 10 pictures which was the max allowed. I sent in my passport stamps which is critical if you ask me. How else will they know you've seen him? For instance.. send in PLANE TICKETS. Not receipts that you purchased a plane ticket online. Anyone can purchase, but that isn't proof you actually got onto the plane and went. If you don't have them anymore, just check your e-mail for the confirmation number and reprint it on the airlines websites. I did that for one or two flights. 

We were just as surprised - we didn't take many selfies (because that's not the point of meeting a loved one) but the ones we did we made sure to include in the package, there were at least 6.

I'm not entirely sure if we included my passport stamp but it seems like something we could have omitted :/ that I can understand asking for, but the "proof of meeting" is a bit pointless to me knowing we included in plenty

5 minutes ago, Naes said:

passport stamps are really important, just put whichever you can find of those.

Did you send boarding passes? 

plane tickets are not always considered hard evidence, but a boarding pass is.

Are scans of my plane tickets & boarding passes alright? Shipping from Poland to the US takes quite a while and I'm impatient :(

Timeline
1 minute ago, Justkeepgoing said:

We were just as surprised - we didn't take many selfies (because that's not the point of meeting a loved one) but the ones we did we made sure to include in the package, there were at least 6.

I'm not entirely sure if we included my passport stamp but it seems like something we could have omitted :/ that I can understand asking for, but the "proof of meeting" is a bit pointless to me knowing we included in plenty

Are scans of my plane tickets & boarding passes alright? Shipping from Poland to the US takes quite a while and I'm impatient :(

I think that's ok that's what most people do.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Justkeepgoing said:

Hey,

Just wanted to ask you if you also attached I94? https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hello Berries!!!

It is awesome that this new system kind of looks like it shows us the Silent NOAs!!!!

For the scanning part of the day it was a weird RFE day.....

Yep now apparently systems updates, during nighttime... or saturday.... or sunday.... 

I.... just bring the news....have nooooo clue :D 

So first of all, these happened :

09/05/17 3/23/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/05/17 3/23/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/11/17 3/23/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/11/17 3/23/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/18/17 3/23/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/28/17 3/24/2018 Your Current Status: Date of Birth Was Updated
09/25/17 3/25/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/25/17 3/25/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

3/26 Full day total : 23 + And MANY MORE APPROVALS in your new USCIS accounts or mailboxes!!!

09/01/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/05/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/05/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/07/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/07/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/11/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/11/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/11/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/11/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/13/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/13/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/14/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/14/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/18/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Name Was Updated
09/18/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/18/17 3/26/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

image.png.da79260af878c884d2feb4def9e4ef8d.png

How do you check the status of an arbitrary receipt number in the new system? The only way I see is to add it to my account but I don't really want to have a bunch of strangers cases tied to my account.

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
2 minutes ago, excited11 said:

Hey,

Just wanted to ask you if you also attached I94? https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search

No, I didn't visit the US due to the fact that getting a visa to the US where I live is a long and costly process - so we just met in Canada instead. Making better use of his time off work, too

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Buhr said:

How do you check the status of an arbitrary receipt number in the new system? The only way I see is to add it to my account but I don't really want to have a bunch of strangers cases tied to my account.

I don’t. I have never put a number that’s not mine in my system. Nobody should check either. I still use the same case tracker system and that’s why I don’t have the approvals that only show there.

2 minutes ago, h&y said:

boarding passes/plane tickets.. aren't they the same thing!? lol I made copies of the tickets/passes for each flight. Mostly because they get stamped which is cool too. Definitely hard evidence.

Nope they are not. 

A ticket can be cancelled. Boarding pass shows someone- the person on the ticket actually used that flight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.