Keith & Arileidi

Trump shifts blame to violent video games, movies in gun violence discussion

132 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, eieio said:

the celebration of single motherhood my dear. 

why not celebrate it? i celebrate single fathers all the time. a person stepping up and parenting is a positive thing. 

57 minutes ago, eieio said:

If i claimed there was a distinction in results…..i never meant it that way. I believe I said there is a difference between mothers who plan on being a single parent vs. mothers who ended up single via divorce, death of spouse etc. The main point is that celebration of single motherhood is not good for society. 

Where is your evidence to suggest that single motherhood is not good for society? While I'm sure there are bad single mothers and bad single fathers, there are equally as bad married mothers and fathers. Being married does not make a mother or a father, or particularly make one excel at the task. Marriage is nothing but a paper contract between two persons, but it takes far more than that to raise a child.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

3 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Where is your evidence to suggest that single motherhood is not good for society? While I'm sure there are bad single mothers and bad single fathers, there are equally as bad married mothers and fathers. Being married does not make a mother or a father, or particularly make one excel at the task. Marriage is nothing but a paper contract between two persons, but it takes far more than that to raise a child.

So far, after 3 or 4 people asking for clarification, we have "Ann Coulter says so".

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
47 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

if single mothers weren't good for society, then single mothers wouldn't be allowed to adopt/foster children in need.

I agree with you, but those mother's ( as the mothers who choose to have a child by themselves through a sperm donor) made the choice probably after years of consideration. I think it's different when you become a single mother at a young age, it's so much you have to battle.

I was a single mom myself, twice to be exact. First marriage I divorced my ex because he was arrogant and dominant, second marriage my husband passed suddenly.

First time being a single mom was much easier, I was happy that I got rid of the jerk. And I was much younger and didn't understand the world yet as I do today, so I screwed up several times, but luckly my oldest turned out fine.

Second time was much harder, both for me and the kids. I'm a strong and independent person, have always been able to provide for myself since age 16. 

Having both experiences, I do believe 

that kids need both a mother and a father figure. 

Edited by -Trinity-

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

So far, after 3 or 4 people asking for clarification, we have "Ann Coulter says so".

Oh okay. A woman that is neither married or has kids, is an expert on the subject of marriage and motherhood. Sweet.

:thumbs:

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 minute ago, -Trinity- said:

I agree with you, but those mother's ( as the mothers who choose to have a child by themselves through a sperm donor) made the choice probably after years of consideration.

I was a single mom myself, twice to be exact. First marriage I divorced my ex because he was arrogant and dominant, second marriage my husband passed suddenly.

First time being a single mom was much easier, I was happy that I got rid of the jerk. And I was much younger and didn't understand the world yet as I do today, so I screwed up several times, but luckly my oldest turned out fine.

Second time was much harder, both for me and the kids. I'm a strong and independent person, have always been able to provide for myself since age 16. 

Having both experiences, I do believe 

that kids need both a mother and a father figure. 

kids need consistently supportive, nurturing adults in their lives. of course its awesome if there is more than one person providing these necessities. but additional support and care can come from additional family, close family friends..i don't believe it's a cookie cutter mom/dad thing. kids with two dads, kids with one mom, etc etc..it's all about having positive adult support and care.

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

kids need consistently supportive, nurturing adults in their lives. of course its awesome if there is more than one person providing these necessities. but additional support and care can come from additional family, close family friends..i don't believe it's a cookie cutter mom/dad thing. kids with two dads, kids with one mom, etc etc..it's all about having positive adult support and care.

Agree,  it all falls or succeeds with a supportive network of friends and family. I used mother/father, but it can be also two mother's or two fathers. Or an entire family.

Problem what I've seen is with young teenager moms who don't have any support. I personaly only know one who finished her Master after she got pregnant at age of 14. Her mom helped her though, she had lost her husband when the girl was 8 years old. But she supported her and never let her down. 

Other girls I knew/know got pregnant and ended up with kids from different fathers, no finished education and no ability to get a decent job. It's just sad to see kids grow up like that.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, -Trinity- said:

Agree,  it all falls or succeeds with a supportive network of friends and family. I used mother/father, but it can be also two mother's or two fathers. Or an entire family.

Problem what I've seen is with young teenager moms who don't have any support. I personaly only know one who finished her Master after she got pregnant at age of 14. Her mom helped her though, she had lost her husband when the girl was 8 years old. But she supported her and never let her down. 

Other girls I knew/know got pregnant and ended up with kids from different fathers, no finished education and no ability to get a decent job. It's just sad to see kids grow up like that.

You get it. Its not that kids can't be productive being raised by a single parent, but rather the data shows that these children are at the greatest risk of ending up as unproductive members of society,in prison, etc.. 

6 minutes ago, eieio said:

You get it. Its not that kids can't be productive being raised by a single parent, but rather the data shows that these children are at the greatest risk of ending up as unproductive members of society,in prison, etc.. 

Your specific claim was that most mass school shootings are commited by someone raised by a single parent. Repeating this over and over while failing to back it up with any data or proof when asked only weakens your position. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, yuna628 said:

Oh okay. A woman that is neither married or has kids, is an expert on the subject of marriage and motherhood. Sweet.

:thumbs:

nor do nuns or priests, yet no one questions them when they have an opinion on either..........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Your specific claim was that most mass school shootings are commited by someone raised by a single parent. Repeating this over and over while failing to back it up with any data or proof when asked only weakens your position. 

Suzanne Venker’s recent opinion piece on FoxNews is very, very important, because she points out that almost all of the most recent deadly mass shooters have one thing in common: fatherlessness.

She begins by pointing out a tweet after the terrible shooting in Florida last week. Actor and comedian Michael Ian Black began a series of tweets in this way, “Deeper even than the gun problem is this: boys are broken.”

Venker goes on to describe how his “tweet storm” strayed from the truth:

Unfortunately, Black quickly veered off course. “Men don’t have the language to understand masculinity as anything other than some version of a caveman because no language exists…The language of masculinity is hopelessly entwined with sexuality, and the language of sexuality in hopelessly entwined with power, agency, and self-worth…To step outside those norms is to take a risk most of us are afraid to take. As a result, a lot of guys spend their lives terrified…We’re terrified of being viewed as something other than men. We know ourselves to be men, but don’t know how to be our whole selves. A lot of us (me included) either shut off or experience deep shame or rage. Or all three. Again: men are terrified.”

Mr. Black is not the first to attack masculinity and suggest it’s at the root of all evil. Indeed, the phrase ‘toxic masculinity’ has become boilerplate language in America.

It’s not a hard sell, either. After all, it is boys and men who are typically to blame for violent acts of aggression. Ergo, testosterone—the defining hormone of masculinity—must be to blame. But testosterone has been around forever. School shootings have not.

Mr. Black is correct that boys are broken. But they’re not broken as a result of being cavemen who haven’t “evolved” the way women have. They’re broken for another reason.

They are fatherless.

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2018/02/27-deadliest-mass-shooters-26-one-thing-common/#73iVZPWph2DrblPu.99

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

28661113_10160043261040704_1312233025710

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

nor do nuns or priests, yet no one questions them when they have an opinion on either..........

Only if you're Catholic.

Edited by -Trinity-

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

22 minutes ago, eieio said:

Suzanne Venker’s recent opinion piece on FoxNews is very, very important, because she points out that almost all of the most recent deadly mass shooters have one thing in common: fatherlessness.

She begins by pointing out a tweet after the terrible shooting in Florida last week. Actor and comedian Michael Ian Black began a series of tweets in this way, “Deeper even than the gun problem is this: boys are broken.”

Venker goes on to describe how his “tweet storm” strayed from the truth:

Unfortunately, Black quickly veered off course. “Men don’t have the language to understand masculinity as anything other than some version of a caveman because no language exists…The language of masculinity is hopelessly entwined with sexuality, and the language of sexuality in hopelessly entwined with power, agency, and self-worth…To step outside those norms is to take a risk most of us are afraid to take. As a result, a lot of guys spend their lives terrified…We’re terrified of being viewed as something other than men. We know ourselves to be men, but don’t know how to be our whole selves. A lot of us (me included) either shut off or experience deep shame or rage. Or all three. Again: men are terrified.”

Mr. Black is not the first to attack masculinity and suggest it’s at the root of all evil. Indeed, the phrase ‘toxic masculinity’ has become boilerplate language in America.

It’s not a hard sell, either. After all, it is boys and men who are typically to blame for violent acts of aggression. Ergo, testosterone—the defining hormone of masculinity—must be to blame. But testosterone has been around forever. School shootings have not.

Mr. Black is correct that boys are broken. But they’re not broken as a result of being cavemen who haven’t “evolved” the way women have. They’re broken for another reason.

They are fatherless.

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2018/02/27-deadliest-mass-shooters-26-one-thing-common/#73iVZPWph2DrblPu.99

not all mass shooters are fatherless. there's only one thing that all mass shooters have in common. but i agree with michael ian black, toxic masculinity is definitely a problem. most feminists would agree.