TBoneTX

July 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

820 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mahabbat said:

Hi! I am new to this topic. I see many people have got problems with just getting NOA-2.... But if you are waiting to schedule an appointment in Moscow embassy then you need to have strong nerves. I've been checking for open dates every day since our NOA-2  (the 19th of January), and still there were no dates. Only lucky people got dates to schedule an appointment. I am so afraid of not getting a date for this appointment. :( I know you can extend your NOA-2 but anyway you cannot plan your wedding and such things without set dates.

Hey! So sorry to hear that! I'm also waiting for the Moscow embassy to get my docs from NVC, so I can schedule my interview, you make me feel worry, this waiting game is killing us all... Btw, how did you pay the visa fee (going to a post office or using your bank card)? I'm kinda confused, and will appreciate your help! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Panda & Bear said:

Hey! So sorry to hear that! I'm also waiting for the Moscow embassy to get my docs from NVC, so I can schedule my interview, you make me feel worry, this waiting game is killing us all... Btw, how did you pay the visa fee (going to a post office or using your bank card)? I'm kinda confused, and will appreciate your help! 

I paid the visa fee online with my credit card on the following site http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru_ru/ru-niv-paymentinfo.asp#options You only need to make sure you've got a good connection, it does not work if your internet connection is slow.

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F NOA1 : 2017-07-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2018-01-19
NVC Received : 2018-01-30

NVC Left : 2018-02-06
Consulate Received : 2018-02-12

Interview Date :                           Can't wait to get *O*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Out of curiosity, are there any lucky July filers who have gotten their POE and are with their partners?

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mahabbat said:

I paid the visa fee online with my credit card on the following site http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru_ru/ru-niv-paymentinfo.asp#options You only need to make sure you've got a good connection, it does not work if your internet connection is slow.

I see, sorry but you used the real credit card or you can use a debit card (you know credit cards are not very popular in Russia =))? Thanks!  

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Panda & Bear said:

I see, sorry but you used the real credit card or you can use a debit card (you know credit cards are not very popular in Russia =))? Thanks!  

I confused words:D I used my debit card:D I was sleepy when I saw your message:D

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F NOA1 : 2017-07-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2018-01-19
NVC Received : 2018-01-30

NVC Left : 2018-02-06
Consulate Received : 2018-02-12

Interview Date :                           Can't wait to get *O*

Timeline
Just now, Mahabbat said:

I confused words:D I used my debit card:D I was sleepy when I saw your message:D

Oh don't be sorry, that's ok =) thanks for your help, you're awesome! =) best wishes on your journey =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Following!!!!

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Tiger got his interview appointment last night.

It's for April 24th, and we are devastated.  (Sydney's consulate does not let you select a date as other embassies do; you're simply assigned one.)

Not only did we have a very tentatively booked reception venue for May 5th (I know the owner and am not out any money if I have to move it, but we had kind of been pinning our hopes on this date, which seemed more than enough time considering we got our packet 3 from Sydney last Thursday), but Tiger's lease is up in early April and despite billions of emails and phone calls to his landlord, he hasn't heard anything back about being able to extend it, so now we don't know where his visa is going to be sent to post-interview.

I have Australia-specific questions and am hoping some Aussies can chime in.  (I have seen "Oh go ask in [country] forum, you'll get better help there" around VJ but for the life of me I cannot find Australia's forum.  Only its portal page, which references forum posts, but those posts aren't located in any Australia-specific forum that I can find.  If anyone knows where I need to go, please link me.)

1. Is it normal for the interview date to be nearly two months after packet 3 submission?

2. Has anyone had success asking the consulate for an earlier date or to be put on a cancellation list, as Tiger has already done?  I can't imagine this attempt will go anywhere, but we had to try.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, CheriandRichard said:

Day 242 here...

Day 224.... where's our NOA2? I won't say this is THE day anymore, but I am at least hoping for this to be THE WEEK.

We've suffered enough!

Timeline
On 3/4/2018 at 7:16 AM, Mahabbat said:

Hi! I am new to this topic. I see many people have got problems with just getting NOA-2.... But if you are waiting to schedule an appointment in Moscow embassy then you need to have strong nerves. I've been checking for open dates every day since our NOA-2  (the 19th of January), and still there were no dates. Only lucky people got dates to schedule an appointment. I am so afraid of not getting a date for this appointment. :( I know you can extend your NOA-2 but anyway you cannot plan your wedding and such things without set dates.

I am going to have my interview in Russia too and it looks like it takes 3 months on average for people to finally have their interview. I am thinking of possibly transferring my case to Ukraine even though it seems like it wont save that much time. 
Please, update your timeline when you do schedule your interview. 

Good luck, I am really hoping something will show up soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.