TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

That's part of the letterletter.thumb.jpeg.c2276054974b9e098b65b38bbaa9e256.jpegletter.thumb.jpeg.c2276054974b9e098b65b38bbaa9e256.jpeg

letter 2.jpeg

So @Naes
Based on the wording, this sounds like a pure denial.

@Jane wanjiku I am so sorry.
I don't understand how they can deny-- they state that you produced passport stamps. Are those stamps not within the 2 year mark?
IF you want to appeal, the letter does tell you the steps you need to take. 
I wish you and your fiance luck on this already stressful process.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@emekus94

I just couldn’t understand because He mentioned about sending more evidence and usually denials need appeal, noids on the other hand still clearable by just submitting evidence.

@Jane wanjiku 

I’m so sorry for this...

you can appeal or even just apply for a cr1 as the only thing you need to prove is meeting in person...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jane wanjiku said:

That's part of the letterletter.thumb.jpeg.c2276054974b9e098b65b38bbaa9e256.jpegletter.thumb.jpeg.c2276054974b9e098b65b38bbaa9e256.jpeg

letter 2.jpeg

It looks like they aren't sure the passport stamps are actually yours since you didn't include a full copy of your passport (every page, from front to back, even blank pages, nor did you include the ID page to show it's YOUR passport.

Additionally, it says the stamps are US stamps, not Kenya stamps where the fiance is; so they aren't sure you've actually met in the last 2 years based on official documentation.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

2 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

Just received this random email, lol. Nice to know that they’re keeping me updated.

9EFC3D5E-625E-4BB6-AB5C-02EA082C6341.jpeg

oh man - keep hoping every time i see you post something that you get the good news! 

keep crossing fingers for you guys 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

So after waiting what seemed like forever, my case has finally arrived at NVC yesterday and I was able to get my case number today!  Finally!  I have a question though.  I know I’ve read something about this before but I can’t seem to find it now.  Should my case number show up on the CEAC website right away for tracking?  I entered it in, under immigrant visa, and it says that my search did not return any data.  I’m pretty sure I read that it can take a bit to show up sometimes but just wanted to make sure.  After waiting so long, my nerves are a bit frazzled and I’m trying my best not to freak out over everything.  Lol  Can someone offer some insight on this please?  

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

So after waiting what seemed like forever, my case has finally arrived at NVC yesterday and I was able to get my case number today!  Finally!  I have a question though.  I know I’ve read something about this before but I can’t seem to find it now.  Should my case number show up on the CEAC website right away for tracking?  I entered it in, under immigrant visa, and it says that my search did not return any data.  I’m pretty sure I read that it can take a bit to show up sometimes but just wanted to make sure.  After waiting so long, my nerves are a bit frazzled and I’m trying my best not to freak out over everything.  Lol  Can someone offer some insight on this please?  

Two things:
yes, it can take a minute or so, assuming you got the case RIGHT after it was assigned.

But if you check the next day and you don't see it, call NVC back. I've heard a few cases where people were given the wrong case number.

Congratulations on making progress! Can't wait for everyone to finish!

1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

Two things:
yes, it can take a minute or so, assuming you got the case RIGHT after it was assigned.

But if you check the next day and you don't see it, call NVC back. I've heard a few cases where people were given the wrong case number.

Congratulations on making progress! Can't wait for everyone to finish!

Thanks so much @emekus94!  It feels good to finally get to this point. :D  I took @Greenbaum‘s advice and sent an email inquiry to NVC with our application information last week so they’ve actually just emailed me to give me our case and invoice numbers.  I also received a second email from them about half an hour later to inform us that the London embassy accepted our case for expedited processing.  Still no record on the CEAC website though.  I’ll give it until tomorrow I suppose.  Hopefully it will sort itself out by then.  On a brighter note, my fiancé’s medical has been scheduled at Knightsbridge for Saturday May 12th.  :dancing:

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.