TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

I caved and booked a flight to Chicago for next week. I need two weeks with my better half.

Last thing to do is loose faith on the system. They will get to your application. :pop:

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alabamak1 said:

Last thing to do is loose faith on the system. They will get to your application. :pop:

It’ll come, I’m sure of it. It will be awesome if it turns up when I’m there too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

I caved and booked a flight to Chicago for next week. I need two weeks with my better half.

Good for u!
Always good to remind ourselves why we started this unending roller coaster to begin with!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

What airline u fly with or website u use for flights? What city u flying out of also?Been using fare geek for my fiancé.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
11 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

What airline u fly with or website u use for flights? What city u flying out of also?Been using fare geek for my fiancé.

I use sky scanner to book my flights. I am flying with Norwegian airlines this time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone 

We have  doubt :

My fiancé and I will be heading to Juarez Mexico on May 18, for our interview with NVC which will be on May 24.
My question is this, I might be receiving a new job offer with a new company, if I change jobs before or after the interview. How will this effect our approval?

Thank you in advance 

Timeline
4 hours ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

Hi everyone 

We have  doubt :

My fiancé and I will be heading to Juarez Mexico on May 18, for our interview with NVC which will be on May 24.
My question is this, I might be receiving a new job offer with a new company, if I change jobs before or after the interview. How will this effect our approval?

Thank you in advance 

Are you the beneficiary or petitioner?
If you're the beneficiary, it does not matter since beneficiary's income doesn't mean anything.

If you're the petitioner, it depends.
Changing jobs a day interview does not really change anything, unless it is a job that will potentially change if you need a sponsor or not. It might be good to get a letter from the new employer stating your income, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Are you the beneficiary or petitioner?
If you're the beneficiary, it does not matter since beneficiary's income doesn't mean anything.

If you're the petitioner, it depends.
Changing jobs a day interview does not really change anything, unless it is a job that will potentially change if you need a sponsor or not. It might be good to get a letter from the new employer stating your income, etc.

Thank you for you help, The petiotioner is Who will  change the job but I was wondering if the new job will start after interview, it is necessary I put the information in the form I134 or only have a letter in case will be nessesary , because in fact maybe I will start 1 week after interview.

My fiancee and I are confusing about that . 

Timeline
9 hours ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

Thank you for you help, The petiotioner is Who will  change the job but I was wondering if the new job will start after interview, it is necessary I put the information in the form I134 or only have a letter in case will be nessesary , because in fact maybe I will start 1 week after interview.

My fiancee and I are confusing about that . 

This is MY understanding- am no expert
But if something happens AFTER the interview, that has nothing to do with anything. Because you cannot do something on something that is not yet known (i.e. you haven't' signed an employment agreement/job offer yet)

When you file AOS, you will have to deal with that. But for the sake of the interview, you only deal with the information known at the time of the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
4 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Still checking in on @Vholde346 @AbSa @Irka @anna lucia and all those still waiting.
We haven't forgotten you guys. Keep the faith. Still praying for you all :wub:

Thank you 🙏 i hope we'll get our NOA2 very soon✊🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Still checking in on @Vholde346 @AbSa @Irka @anna lucia and all those still waiting.
We haven't forgotten you guys. Keep the faith. Still praying for you all :wub:

Thank you! Anyway I already have my flight for may 25th and I can stay longer now. The flights at this moment are very cheap! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 4/24/2018 at 3:20 PM, ichliebeihn said:

as far as i remember, you have to pay to get an appointment with the embassy and fill out the DS-160. There's a whole list of stuff you have to have and a few hoops to jump but according to some family it's a relatively quick process from start to finish. 

here's the basics in spanish if it helps:

https://aprende.guatemala.com/tramites/visas/requisitos-en-guatemala-para-visa-americana-de-visitante/

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

252 days today 🙄

but 4 days until I see my fiancée 

Im going on may 25th. Monday it will be 45 days after i opened my inquiry, we will try once more. People say that this process is taking from 10 to 12 months to complete in general.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.