aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Woops wrong date. On April 8 2018 - We are producing your card and will mail it to you. 

Congratulations. My friend just got notice that she will be recieving an ref do you mind informing me what you originally sent inn and what additional they asked for so I can pass on the massage? Thank you and cingradulations agian!

4 hours ago, Leo7777 said:

People here are saying they got message Transferred to Local Office.

But they did not get such.

The message said Received in Local Office.

Big difference.

Received in local office just means moved from one location to another location within the same building.

Much confusion results here when people report incorrect, misleading and confusing info.

And those who don't show their time lines right below their messages cause a lot of unnecessary problems for the rest of us also from wondering about:   What center, When they filed, When they got X report, etc., etc.

Results in the blind leading the blind.

Agree with you completely!

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

59 minutes ago, Val2014 said:

Congratulations. My friend just got notice that she will be recieving an ref do you mind informing me what you originally sent inn and what additional they asked for so I can pass on the massage? Thank you and cingradulations agian!

Thank you.  I try to remember as good as I can what we all sent last year..

We sent in for proof of marriage:

1 month jointly bank account statement 

Photos of trips going to Nascar race and football game over the years we got married, and family trip to Florida & Christmas dinners.

Cards/mail addressed to us with both our names on it. 

Health insurance

RFE, They wanted to see more in detail about mortgages and utility bills:

4 Family affidavits explaining why we don't have any of that.

A letter we both signed what we included and explaining why we don't have any of what they are asking for

Tax returns from when we got married until now (Yeah for some reason we forgot this...lol)

Car insurance

Copy of driver licenses with same address.

Another bank statement

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nebraska aka the Black Hole? :cry:

Ahh I was hoping for  better news - thanks for sharing.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Does it  make sense to have a new topic where those who are really getting transfer notices in the mail post their info? Then it would be a lot easier to see if there are any trends as to who is getting transferred. Versus having one or two people saying it in multiple different threads. 

11 minutes ago, LTGermany said:

Does it  make sense to have a new topic where those who are really getting transfer notices in the mail post their info? Then it would be a lot easier to see if there are any trends as to who is getting transferred. Versus having one or two people saying it in multiple different threads. 

Totally Agree with it. We can have a small chart sheet that shows NOA1, Service Center originally send to (Even though we have only heard that CSC applications are getting transferred), transfer date, transferred service center etc. This will help us to check how much time more it will take for them transfers to get their decision. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, samku06 said:

I have a USCIS appointment tommorow for my wife, her one year extension letter is expired so I made the appointment to get a updated letter. I will see if I can ask them what's going on with our case which transferred to the local office last month. After I get the letter I am going to file for her N-400 (U.S. Citizenship). If anyone wants me to ask any general questions about these cases to them tommorow just let me know via pm or in this forum.

16 hours ago, Sinthea said:

I think you've probably that is high as you can go to get the answers! This is probably the most valid answer out of all the tier 2 calls, and infopass visits!

Update:

Hi Everyone,

We had a general appointment today to request a extension for my wife because her extension letter expired. The lady of was very helpful. She took our physical greencard and said that she is going to shred it because the extension stamp she gave us will now serve as our greencard. I asked about my case status changing to "Received at local office" she said my  case is still at California service center and a lot of people asked her that question. No physical transfer occurred, the paperwork is now just being reviewed by someone in California. The stamp she put in my wife's password was a one year extension from today till 4/9/2019 which serves as work and travel authorization.

She looked into our case in detail and said it was technically under audit. I asked her if I need to worry about this, she said its actually a good thing and my case is just moving forward in the process. She asked if we had my sons birth certificate on us at the appointment, if so she could send that in as further proof for our I-751 case, of course we had no idea to bring that so we didn't have it. She told us we can mail it PO Box on our initial extension letter as further proof towards our case. I will be mailing it first thing tomorrow, well a copy of it.

I then asked if my wife can apply for US Citizenship (N400) and she checked and said we could.

I asked her if its true if I-751 cases rarely get interviews, she said that used to be the case but now there is a 50/50 chance that a I-751 case could get a interview request.

I personally think that since our case is still in California and we didn't get a mail that our case physically transferred to our state, that we may not get a interview, I hope this is the case:)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post on here or message me. I hope this helps out some people. I am so glad we have this forum to keep each other updated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, samku06 said:

Update:

I asked her if its true if I-751 cases rarely get interviews, she said that used to be the case but now there is a 50/50 chance that a I-751 case could get a interview request.

that's not good news.. lets hope it isn't true

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

2 hours ago, samku06 said:

Update:

Hi Everyone,

We had a general appointment today to request a extension for my wife because her extension letter expired. The lady of was very helpful. She took our physical greencard and said that she is going to shred it because the extension stamp she gave us will now serve as our greencard. I asked about my case status changing to "Received at local office" she said my  case is still at California service center and a lot of people asked her that question. No physical transfer occurred, the paperwork is now just being reviewed by someone in California. The stamp she put in my wife's password was a one year extension from today till 4/9/2019 which serves as work and travel authorization.

She looked into our case in detail and said it was technically under audit. I asked her if I need to worry about this, she said its actually a good thing and my case is just moving forward in the process. She asked if we had my sons birth certificate on us at the appointment, if so she could send that in as further proof for our I-751 case, of course we had no idea to bring that so we didn't have it. She told us we can mail it PO Box on our initial extension letter as further proof towards our case. I will be mailing it first thing tomorrow, well a copy of it.

I then asked if my wife can apply for US Citizenship (N400) and she checked and said we could.

I personally think that since our case is still in California and we didn't get a mail that our case physically transferred to our state, that we may not get a interview, I hope this is the case:)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post on here or message me. I hope this helps out some people. I am so glad we have this forum to keep each other updated.

So basically in most cases when we get that message there a chance someone is looking at our applications 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, acabrera7186 said:

So basically in most cases when we get that message there a chance someone is looking at our applications 

No it does not mean that someone is looking at any specific application.

It just means that the application has been moved from one location to another location within the same building.

Now does this mean that someone will be looking at the application?

Yes it does.

Does it mean that someone will be looking at the application sooner now than previously was the case?

No it does not.  Any particular application will be looked at approximately the same point in time regardless if the application was moved from one location to another location 2 months ago, 1 month ago, 1 week ago or 1 day ago.

Even if someone gets a message that their file is now being looked at by Mrs. Adams, that doesn't mean it is being looked at any sooner than it would be if they didn't get this message.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

10 minutes ago, Leo7777 said:

No it does not mean that someone is looking at any specific application.

It just means that the application has been moved from one location to another location within the same building.

Now does this mean that someone will be looking at the application?

Yes it does.

Does it mean that someone will be looking at the application sooner now than previously was the case?

No it does not.  Any particular application will be looked at approximately the same point in time regardless if the application was moved from one location to another location 2 months ago, 1 month ago, 1 week ago or 1 day ago.

Even if someone gets a message that their file is now being looked at by Mrs. Adams, that doesn't mean it is being looked at any sooner than it would be if they didn't get this message.

Oo ok thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I received the letter saying that my case was transferred to Texas Service Center in Mesquite. Does somebody know smth about this center? I'm CSC January 2017 filer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I guess I will post here also. I am a January 2017 filer to CSC

Status Update

03/05/2018 - Status changed to Form I-751 received at local office.

04/04/2018 - Status changed to "Case was transferred and A New Office Has Jurisdiction".

04/07/2018 - Received a letter in the mail stating "We have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition listed above". Case has been transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

Hopefully we get approve soon. Anyone got approve from Nebraska?

hjY2m7.png

03/11/14 - I130 sent to Phoenix Lockbox
03/14/14 - I130 delivered
03/17/14 - NOA1 received, case routed to Nebraska Service Center
09/03/14 - NOA2 received, case sent to NVC
09/10/14 - Package shipped to NVC
10/01/14 - Package scanned at NVC (no case number yet)
10/15/14 - Received case number and invoice number
10/24/14 - Complete and submitted DS-261
11/03/14 - Received AOS bill and IV bill
11/05/14 - Paid both AOS bill and IV bill
11/06/14 - Complete and submitted DS-260

01/14/15 - Email received with interview date for 02/18/15

02/18/15 - Interviewed and APPROVED!!
02/21/15 - Visa and passport received in the mail.

04/15/15 - POE

-------------------

01/15/17 - I-751 sent to CSC.

02/09/17 - NOA Received, conditional resident status extended 1 year.

03/09/17 - Biometric completed.

03/01/18 - I-551 stamped at local office.

04/05/18 - Receive notice that case transferred to local office.

08/03/18 - Received RFE notice in the mail.

09/10/18 - Mailed out RFE package.

09/13/18 - RFE packaged received at Nebraska office.

09/21/18 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

09/24/18 - Status changed to "Case was Approved".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.