2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Frannyj said:

Hello everyone I called and spoke to a customer service representative last Wednesday. I explained that I have a job offer and the fact that I am unable to go on my husbands benefits. This is the response I got last Saturday in the screenshot. Is this a denial? Haven’t heard back since then. I checked my status and it says it was assigned to an officer. 

B6E0127E-D1CD-41C0-9F92-96540397333C.png

I really have no idea what is going on because I have a job and have filed for an expedite and no one really seems to care. I faxed the evidence and everything but have 0 updates on the case. I currently have a job and I will lose it if they don't expedite my EAD. Not a strong enough case. I guess.

7 hours ago, LisaLisa said:

I really have no idea what is going on because I have a job and have filed for an expedite and no one really seems to care. I faxed the evidence and everything but have 0 updates on the case. I currently have a job and I will lose it if they don't expedite my EAD. Not a strong enough case. I guess.

how long ago was that? Sorry to hear this, making me cringe reading this :(

Timeline

To be honest it seems like it must be an absolute chaos over there because of the backlog. I don't understand how other people who have applied the same time like me already got their EAD cards and others who have real reasons to expedite are still waiting with no updates. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Paraj said:

@Adrii - Any updates on your case? I m still awaiting after sending the fax and no updates yet :(

I’m so sorry you haven’t received an update yet :(

We faxed our evidence on 03/05 and the app was updated on 03/14 that a new card was being produced and today I received my NOA2

hang in there! Hoping you hear something soon!

On 3/18/2019 at 7:20 PM, Adrii said:

We faxed our evidence on 03/05 and the app was updated on 03/14 that a new card was being produced and today I received my NOA2

Congratulations, I finally got an update today new card s being produced 😊

Timeline
On 3/18/2019 at 7:20 PM, Adrii said:

11 hours ago, Paraj said:

Congratulations, I finally got an update today new card s being produced 😊

Mine is an expediting nightmare. I submitted the request and they ask me for evidence immediately I faxed them the same day Feb 19th and I haven't heard a single thing back from them. It has been more than a month.  

18 minutes ago, LisaLisa said:

Mine is an expediting nightmare. I submitted the request and they ask me for evidence immediately I faxed them the same day Feb 19th and I haven't heard a single thing back from them. It has been more than a month.  

I hear you, it’s a stressful experience.. when we call USCIS they won’t confirm if evidence received or not too.. I contacted my congressman to help with my expedite request and sent them evidence thru congressman, they followed up so I think I got the update, also mine was outside normal processing request (close to 8 months since I submitted).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, LisaLisa said:

As someone else suggested it might be worth getting your local congressman involved to help move this along a little. 

I’m sorry it’s taking so long! It can get super frustrating calling and getting no information over the phone. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I completed my biometrics two days ago and put in an expedite request for my EAD yesterday. Like a lot of you, I've been eagerly looking on the tracking websites. I have a couple questions -

1. On the https://egov.uscis.gov website, the most current message for my I-765 is:

"As of March 19, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing."

Could someone please explain what this means? Why is it not assigned for processing (does it mean that it's likely going to be denied, or just that someone hasn't looked at the request yet)?

2. On the https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ website and app, and my I-485 status is 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received'. How long did it take for fingerprints to be reviewed? Do you think that this might be related to why my expedite is not currently assigned for processing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

AOS from J-1 Visa (New Zealand)

08.03.17 | Arrived in the U.S to study as an exchange student

11.23.18 | Married my love

12.13.18 | Request for an Advisory Opinion on 212(e), 2 year foreign residence requirement

01.16.19 | All DS-2019s, Passport Data Page and Form G-28 received

02.07.19 | Status Updated on J1 Waiver Tracking Website: Not Subject!

02.08.19 | 212(e) Finding Letter Sent

02.20.19 | Lawyer Confirmed 212(e) Finding Letter Received

02.22.19 | AOS Application Sent: I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-28 x6 and G-I450 x2

02.26.19 | AOS Application Received

03.04.19 | Payment processed on credit card

03.09.19 | NOA1 x4 Received (notices dated 03.03.19)

03.15.19 | Biometrics appointment letter received (notice dated 03.08.19)

03.18.19 | Completed biometrics by walk in 

03.19.19 | Expedite request placed for I-765 EAD

03.22.19 | Expedite assigned to an officer for processing

03.25.19 | USCIS email received requesting evidence for EAD expedite

03.26.19 | Faxed USCIS evidence for EAD expedite

04.03.19 | USCIS email received confirming receipt of evidence for EAD expedite

04.12.19 | "New Card is in Production" case status change for EAD

04.15.19 | "Case is Approved" case status change for EAD

04.17.19 | "Card Was Mailed To Me" case status change for EAD

55 minutes ago, fromNZ said:
56 minutes ago, fromNZ said:

Hello everyone!

I completed my biometrics two days ago and put in an expedite request for my EAD yesterday. Like a lot of you, I've been eagerly looking on the tracking websites. I have a couple questions -

1. On the https://egov.uscis.gov website, the most current message for my I-765 is:

"As of March 19, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing."

Could someone please explain what this means? Why is it not assigned for processing (does it mean that it's likely going to be denied, or just that someone hasn't looked at the request yet)?

2. On the https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ website and app, and my I-485 status is 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received'. How long did it take for fingerprints to be reviewed? Do you think that this might be related to why my expedite is not currently assigned for processing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My personal experience:

feb 19-raised expedite request over phone

- case not assigned for processing 

feb 21 - case assigned to officer 

feb 26 - response sent: case completed - at this point it means they have requested you to send evidence

And then once you fax, it depends on the officer assigned, what I have seen is typically 2-3 weeks.. so overall an expedite requests takes almost a month, if lucky u could get in 3 weeks. Hope this helps.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Paraj said:

feb 19-raised expedite request over phone

- case not assigned for processing 

feb 21 - case assigned to officer 

feb 26 - response sent: case completed - at this point it means they have requested you to send evidence

And then once you fax, it depends on the officer assigned, what I have seen is typically 2-3 weeks.. so overall an expedite requests takes almost a month, if lucky u could get in 3 weeks. Hope this helps.

That's very helpful, thank you!

AOS from J-1 Visa (New Zealand)

08.03.17 | Arrived in the U.S to study as an exchange student

11.23.18 | Married my love

12.13.18 | Request for an Advisory Opinion on 212(e), 2 year foreign residence requirement

01.16.19 | All DS-2019s, Passport Data Page and Form G-28 received

02.07.19 | Status Updated on J1 Waiver Tracking Website: Not Subject!

02.08.19 | 212(e) Finding Letter Sent

02.20.19 | Lawyer Confirmed 212(e) Finding Letter Received

02.22.19 | AOS Application Sent: I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-28 x6 and G-I450 x2

02.26.19 | AOS Application Received

03.04.19 | Payment processed on credit card

03.09.19 | NOA1 x4 Received (notices dated 03.03.19)

03.15.19 | Biometrics appointment letter received (notice dated 03.08.19)

03.18.19 | Completed biometrics by walk in 

03.19.19 | Expedite request placed for I-765 EAD

03.22.19 | Expedite assigned to an officer for processing

03.25.19 | USCIS email received requesting evidence for EAD expedite

03.26.19 | Faxed USCIS evidence for EAD expedite

04.03.19 | USCIS email received confirming receipt of evidence for EAD expedite

04.12.19 | "New Card is in Production" case status change for EAD

04.15.19 | "Case is Approved" case status change for EAD

04.17.19 | "Card Was Mailed To Me" case status change for EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.