2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adrii said:

Thanks! I might call them again today and see if they offer up the fax number.

Hope you hear something soon. Please keep me posted!

They may tell you whom to fax it to (it's not just a fax number, but a specific desk number as well), but keep in mind that the letter will explicitly say to include a copy of it when faxing the additional evidence. If you don't include a copy of the letter/email because you've yet to receive it, the officer may or may not proceed with your case. It's a risk you'd be taking.

The mailed letter takes a while. I got mine over a week after it was mailed. 

You'll know that they mailed something to you (or emailed) if you check the egov site and it says something like, "case was closed" or if it explicitly says that they requested more information. If you don't have any updates on the egov site at all--as in, the SR is not even showing up under your I-765, I'd call to make sure that it actually was put through. 

Otherwise, to all waiting--there isn't really a way to speed up an expedite. If the officer assigned to your case has more work than others, or is sick, or is on vacation, there's unfortunately nothing you can do but wait. 

Edited by eckoin

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone I need someone who successfully expedited to give me some advice. I am in New Jersey and I may have a job offer soon and need to expedite. I am 115 days in waiting and we moved and I need to help my husband. I want to know how you found your congressman. I googled and I saw two persons for New Jersey. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you all

Edited by Frannyj

Timeline
4 hours ago, Frannyj said:

Hello everyone I need someone who successfully expedited to give me some advice. I am in New Jersey and I may have a job offer soon and need to expedite. I am 115 days in waiting and we moved and I need to help my husband. I want to know how you found your congressman. I googled and I saw two persons for New Jersey. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you all

Put your zip code here: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

------------------

------------------

On 2/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Adrii said:

Hey guys!

I submitted an EAD expedite over the phone today based on severe financial loss and a pending job offer that I’m wanting to accept.

The person I spoke to had me make a statement explaining why I wanted the expedite and said they would attach this to my request and that I should hear something back by Feb 24, and that the request will expire in 30 days..

Has anyone else had this experience? I asked if he needed me to fax through my job offer or any additional evidence and he said it may not be required and just to wait until Feb 24 🤔

Also big congrats to everyone in this thread who successfully received their expedite 🥳

@Adrii I also submitted an expedite request on the same day (Feb 19). Did you get any further updates?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paraj said:

@Adrii I also submitted an expedite request on the same day (Feb 19). Did you get any further updates?

Hi! Yes we received a letter by mail on Feb 28 asking to fax through evidence. My husband is going to fax that through today.

Have you received any updates?

Hi All, getting to round 3 of interviews this week for a great job. I've read a lot of the recent posts on here and just wondering if I should try to start the expedite even in advance of getting the offer letter (i'm pretty confident) or do they always ask you within like a day to fax over the offer letter? It seems some people getting the instructions (letter telling you the number to fax it to, what evidence they want) from USCIS  physically mailed to them and some get it emailed - do you get to pick which it is???

Any advice on how to get this to go smoothly as it relates to just not wanting to lose a job offer? Do cover letters help? 

Assuming the majority of people are using "severe financial loss" as the reasoning for the request if it is because you would miss on a job opportunity still waiting for the EAD

Timeline
1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

Hi All, getting to round 3 of interviews this week for a great job. I've read a lot of the recent posts on here and just wondering if I should try to start the expedite even in advance of getting the offer letter (i'm pretty confident) or do they always ask you within like a day to fax over the offer letter?

It'll take at least a few days to have an officer assigned to your case. If you're really close to getting an offer, you can request an expedite now. Technically, you can submit your evidence a week or two later, there's no set deadline. 

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

It seems some people getting the instructions (letter telling you the number to fax it to, what evidence they want) from USCIS  physically mailed to them and some get it emailed - do you get to pick which it is???

The officer assigned to your case uses his or her preferred method. No one in their right mind will pick snail mail. It takes over a week to get it in the mail after the officer decides you have a valid case, and the email comes in that same day. 

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

Any advice on how to get this to go smoothly as it relates to just not wanting to lose a job offer? Do cover letters help? 

You have to have a cover letter. In it, you have to explain why this job is important to your financial wellbeing. Bills to pay, health insurance, fantastic opportunity in your field that's hard to come by, other, all of the above--you need to include a cover letter to explain your situation. Remember that everyone wants their EADs to come faster; you need to explain why you're slightly more special in this case. 

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

Assuming the majority of people are using "severe financial loss" as the reasoning for the request if it is because you would miss on a job opportunity still waiting for the EAD

Great job opportunity, major bills, currently working and responsible for household expenses--all kinds of reasons, but overwhelmingly for severe financial loss as the criterion. 

------------------

------------------

2 minutes ago, eckoin said:

It'll take at least a few days to have an officer assigned to your case. If you're really close to getting an offer, you can request an expedite now. Technically, you can submit your evidence a week or two later, there's no set deadline. 

The officer assigned to your case uses his or her preferred method. No one in their right mind will pick snail mail. It takes over a week to get it in the mail after the officer decides you have a valid case, and the email comes in that same day. 

You have to have a cover letter. In it, you have to explain why this job is important to your financial wellbeing. Bills to pay, health insurance, fantastic opportunity in your field that's hard to come by, other, all of the above--you need to include a cover letter to explain your situation. Remember that everyone wants their EADs to come faster; you need to explain why you're slightly more special in this case. 

Great job opportunity, major bills, currently working and responsible for household expenses--all kinds of reasons, but overwhelmingly for severe financial loss as the criterion. 

Thank you so much! ❤️ 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Thank you so much! ❤️ 

And keep in mind that you have to do a pretty good job succinctly but clearly explaining your situation when you first call. I've seen way too many people denied before they were asked for any evidence, possibly because they read threads like this, focused on job letters and all, and on the phone with the USCIS rep just say, "I have an offer, I'll provide the details." 

The rep on the phone takes your statement, transcribes it, and sends it off to the pile. An IO reads it, and makes a decision whether they think it's valid. Please explain your situation on the phone; otherwise they will deny you outright if there's not enough information. 

------------------

------------------

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone I called and spoke to a customer service representative last Wednesday. I explained that I have a job offer and the fact that I am unable to go on my husbands benefits. This is the response I got last Saturday in the screenshot. Is this a denial? Haven’t heard back since then. I checked my status and it says it was assigned to an officer. 

B6E0127E-D1CD-41C0-9F92-96540397333C.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.