2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

I just got update. They approved my ead and card is being produced. After submitting fax took 13 days to approve. 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats all! As you can see no way to know if expedite worked, senator worked, congressman worked, nothing worked, was just timing...

You need to balance persistence and patience, and work all avenues available to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, castormarina said:

A couple of questions:

1- Is it worth reaching out to the state rep/congressman if you have NOT expedited your EAD with USCIS. If so what exactly do you say?
2- If the above is no, and you need to actually expedite with USCIS then what all qualifies as "financial hardship"? And what kind of evidence can submitted with for the first part of this question?

Basically, I want to contact my rep to help me move things through but don't really want to submit and expedite request through USCIS first. Also the case was received a month ago, so it's not like we've been waiting for a while either. SO I don't know if I will have a good case, but want to do anything that can potentially help speed things up.

Thanks for any answer.

There is a form that you get online from the rep of your state. Fill it out and mail it. Thats what I did over a week ago, and since then I have not received a confirmation though...

27 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

A question that has been asked a million times I’m sure -

Ive requested an expedite on my AP because of family death back home.

Once you have requested to expedite your case and the case history changes to “We have sent a response to your request” and then changes again to “request to have case expedited completed” 

What should I expect next??? Will they mail me something to send in evidence? Or what? How does this work?

Should I do anything else? I really need to get back home. 

Thanks in advance!

From my research, your case was just "touched" by a USCIS worker.

7 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

I just got update. They approved my ead and card is being produced. After submitting fax took 13 days to approve. 

CONGRATS! Wow, you and @thepanda got yours before mine. Hopefully I will get good news soon.

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, A&H2018 said:

Congrats all! As you can see no way to know if expedite worked, senator worked, congressman worked, nothing worked, was just timing...

You need to balance persistence and patience, and work all avenues available to you.

did you get a combo card with AP on your EAD expedite?

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Timeline
Just now, asaeljethro said:

CONGRATS! Wow, you and @thepanda got yours before mine. Hopefully I will get good news soon.

Call uscis. Dunno if it helped but I called and they told me I just have to wait. At 5am I got email saying they have no updates for my case. And now just got text. Just try. It won't hurt I think

Timeline

We contacted congressman via email but haven't heard anything from them. So no way they helped as they didn't even know my expedite request number. So I think if u don't personally call them or meet and give all the details with emails they don't do anything

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Once you have requested to expedite your case and the case history changes to “We have sent a response to your request” and then changes again to “request to have case expedited completed” 

What should I expect next??? Will they mail me something to send in evidence? Or what? How does this work?

Thanks in advance!

You should not expedite via phone go to your closest USCIS office and ask for an Emergency Advance Parole which you get the same day. Google it or look it up here. You won't get to the funeral in time if you do it via phone. Don't forget the death certificate, photos, a check book (because it will probably cost around $300) and the forms. I attached a photo. Go today! You don't need an InfoPass Appointment for this if there are non available. You will tell them that it is a family emergency and that you need an Emergency AP. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.49.45.png

Edited by thepanda

Timeline
11 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

We contacted congressman via email but haven't heard anything from them. So no way they helped as they didn't even know my expedite request number. So I think if u don't personally call them or meet and give all the details with emails they don't do anything

I do believe that my senator helped in my case for some reason. I received a signed letter from the senator today that my case is closed and then the new DHS tracker updated today and it says that both my EAD and AP were approved on August 22nd. I thought they never update that tracker haha 

But each case is different. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all - this morning my case tracker changed to “new card is being produced”! I almost have exactly the same expedite timeline as @thepanda and I faxed my supporting docs to Div 5 Tm 1 as well. I was wondering if they are dealing with the expedite requests in the order they receive the docs. Anyway, best of luck to you all! Hang in there! 

0B5B7D57-A9B2-4DAD-8AE0-77461D00D251.jpeg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, qliu said:

Hi all - this morning my case tracker changed to “new card is being produced”! I almost have exactly the same expedite timeline as @thepanda and I faxed my supporting docs to Div 5 Tm 1 as well. I was wondering if they are dealing with the expedite requests in the order they receive the docs. Anyway, best of luck to you all! Hang in there! 

0B5B7D57-A9B2-4DAD-8AE0-77461D00D251.jpeg

When did you call them and when did you submit your evidence? Just out of curiosity. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, thepanda said:

When did you call them and when did you submit your evidence? Just out of curiosity. 

I called USCIS on Aug 6, received the letter on Aug 13, faxed the docs on Aug 14, contacted local congresswoman and got her office’s response on Aug 17. 

So I have no choice but to request USCIS to expedite my EAD card. I got a job offer in a major west coast university around mid June with a joining date of Oct 3rd. I was planning to relocate from MD to CA in mid September. But I am not sure if I will have my EAD card before my tentative moving date if I don't expedite it. 

I won't be able to claim financial duress as my income was not included in the I-864. My spouse's income was sufficient enough to cover it. 

What can I do to justify my EAD expedite request ?

Adjusting from F1 to GC as immediate relative of USC

Nov 15, 2017 Married to USC

July 1st, 2018 - AOS package sent  (I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765 )

July 3rd, 2018 - AOS package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

July 10th, 2018 - Received NOAs via e-notification

July 15th, 2018 - USCIS cashed check

July 14th, 2018 - Received Biometrics appointment

July 25th: RFIE due to incorrect version of I-864

July 31st, 2018 - Biometrics done in Silver Spring, MD

Aud 7th: RFI due to incorrect form I-864

Aug 9th, 2018 - Updated I-864 with supporting documents received

Aug 20th, 2018 - Status Update Online: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Sep 4th, 2018 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" 

Sep 6th, 2018 - Received email from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expeditious handling of EAD 

Sep 7th, 2018 - Documents supporting EAD expedite faxed to USCIS

Sep 18th, 2018 - Told over phone by customer service rep that EAD expedite request was rejected

Sep 20th, 2018 - Received information that congressman's office filed for EAD expedite on Sep 17th

Sep 24th, 2018 - Received information that senator's office filed for EAD expedite (don't know exact date)

Sep 29th, 2018 - Received EAD in my mailbox. Yayyy!

Dec 15th, 2018 - Got a letter saying our interview is scheduled on Jan 14th!

Aug 1st, 2019 - EAD renewal package sent

Sep 20th 2019 - Renewed EAD delivered

Nov 30th 2020 - Green Card (10 year) delivered in mailbox!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, strangefella said:

So I have no choice but to request USCIS to expedite my EAD card. I got a job offer in a major west coast university around mid June with a joining date of Oct 3rd. I was planning to relocate from MD to CA in mid September. But I am not sure if I will have my EAD card before my tentative moving date if I don't expedite it. 

I won't be able to claim financial duress as my income was not included in the I-864. My spouse's income was sufficient enough to cover it. 

What can I do to justify my EAD expedite request ?

Your job offer is from a university and very likely has to do with research in some aspect I am guessing? You will jump to the front of the expedite line, you can call a CA senator or USCIS. Just get the university to write up a letter why they need you, they do it all the time. Basically your case is super easy.

Timeline
2 hours ago, asaeljethro said:

did you get a combo card with AP on your EAD expedite?

No combo card for me, applied for AP later on and working on geting AP now my lawyer was not so wise. Everyone who applied for both AP and EAD at same time should get a combo card.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Thanks in advance!

Immediate family death is the #1 situation. Close but not immediate family death qualifies for emergency AP. See the thread we have on emergency AP you will need to goto your field office and give some more information if its not immediate family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.