2,245 posts in this topic

Guys, I need help.

July16 , Called uscis to expedite EAD

july20, got a letter asked to fax proof

Tried to fax and the number was always busy.

So I called uscis and they gave me a mailing address which starts as 85 NW... 

July 26, I mailed out. 

So on July 16-18, my case history said my request to expedite was complete. 

And yesterday August 13, it showed my expedite request was assigned to an officer and today it said it was complete again and sent a response to my request. I don’t understand, do they approve or deny my expedite? What should I do ? 

I am worried that they never got my mail because I mailed it not faxing it. 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Again, the way it works. Everytime an officer touches your "request" you will receive three updates. So on July-16, you called the same day an officer saw your request and sent a response in the mail, that response letter should be dated July-16. Then due to fax/etc issues, they received your response in August, on the 13th an officer finally saw it all and sent a response back, once you get that letter it will be dated Aug-13.

85% or so of the time that response will be, "we received your evidence and are now working on the case, you will hear shortly". Very likely you will be approved within 2 weeks from that letter. There is a 15% chance they reject your request as the evidence was not sufficent. But if the evidence matched what you said on the phone to start with you should be in the 85% camp. Truly I do not think we have yet seen anyone get rejected if after sending their evidence.

Edited by A&H2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Again, the way it works. Everytime an officer touches your "request" you will receive three updates. So on July-16, you called the same day an officer saw your request and sent a response in the mail, that response letter should be dated July-16. Then due to fax/etc issues, they received your response in August, on the 13th an officer finally saw it all and sent a response back, once you get that letter it will be dated Aug-13.

85% or so of the time that response will be, "we received your evidence and are now working on the case, you will hear shortly". Very likely you will be approved within 2 weeks from that letter. There is a 15% chance they reject your request as the evidence was not sufficent. But if the evidence matched what you said on the phone to start with you should be in the 85% camp. Truly I do not think we have yet seen anyone get rejected if after sending their evidence.

we'll see, after reading all these post from this thread, I noticed people would provide a letter, bank statements, budgets, etc alonngside with their job offer letter and the letter USCIS mailed out.

and all we just put was, the letter, job offer letter and a credit card statement that had a balance of $3,200.

hopefully the evidence was good enough.

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, asaeljethro said:

we'll see, after reading all these post from this thread, I noticed people would provide a letter, bank statements, budgets, etc alonngside with their job offer letter and the letter USCIS mailed out.

and all we just put was, the letter, job offer letter and a credit card statement that had a balance of $3,200.

hopefully the evidence was good enough.

That is a bit light, just be ready to speak to your congressman if you are denied. Also may gather some more evidence if that happens. Typically light evidence only works if you have the company writing a letter how important you are, a job offer alone is tough for USCIS to understand your situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, A&H2018 said:

That is a bit light, just be ready to speak to your congressman if you are denied. Also may gather some more evidence if that happens. Typically light evidence only works if you have the company writing a letter how important you are, a job offer alone is tough for USCIS to understand your situation.

Really stupid question and excuse me for it. Senator and Congressman is not the same thing, is it? 

I’m a little ashamed of myself lol 

Timeline
5 hours ago, thepanda said:

Really stupid question and excuse me for it. Senator and Congressman is not the same thing, is it? 

I’m a little ashamed of myself lol 

https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/12678/who-is-more-powerful-a-senator-or-a-representatives-in-the-u-s-congress

Timeline

I contacted Sentor Tim Kaine's office yesterday by faxing over the privacy release form. Today I received a call from their office and a very nice lady asked me if I already requested an expedite. When I said yes she said that they would send request to get a status on that. I asked her how long it usually takes form them to reply and she responded that they give them 30 days to respond but they usually respond within 2 weeks and that she understands that it is urgent. 

Fingers crossed that my status will update soon. Next week if possible even though the chances are very slim but I am trying to stay positive. 

Without this forum I would have never found out about this possibility. Researching and reading for hours in the internet paid off. 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey guys! Just to put some minds at ease, we only submitted a job offer (no financials) and didn't go through a senator/congressman, and we got approved today (mailed evidence on 7/20, so it took about 4 weeks). That's all they ask for in the letter, so I don't think you'll be denied for not providing more than that.

Hi All,

Same as sammylee116, only submitted a job offer ( July 29th, received August 3), via mail because Fax wasn't working and got approved yesterday with notice that card is being printed. 

QUESTION: those of you that filed for AP and EAD originally, and then expedited your EAD, did you get a combo card? Hoping that is the case!

Responses would be much appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi guys thank you for your awesome answers. 

I was able to fax everything on last Friday. But I have no updates did any of you get case updates?

I faxed twice and both of them were successful and I don't know if they got it and I know there is no way to check. So I am freacking out:))))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I am also considering now to just mail again everything 😁😁 yeah updates haven't been happening for me so I don't know where I am right now. I never got any mail from them. Just email to fax things so....

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Alicia B said:

Yea, we had a status change that the case was being reviewed and then received a letter in the mail that the evidence was received, but it took almost 2 weeks.. but I submitted the evidence via snail mail.

Congrats to both and I am glad to see that. It calms me down a lot. 

So, just to clarify: After 2 weeks after submitting your evidence you got the case status update that the case was being reviewed? How much longer after that did it take for them to approve it? 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, sammylee116 said:

Hey guys! Just to put some minds at ease, we only submitted a job offer (no financials) and didn't go through a senator/congressman, and we got approved today (mailed evidence on 7/20, so it took about 4 weeks). That's all they ask for in the letter, so I don't think you'll be denied for not providing more than that.

In my letter they did not ask specifically for a job letter but "additional evidence", therefore I wasn't sure if a job offer letter would have been sufficient. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.