2,245 posts in this topic

I just received my EAD, I'm really happy rn!!!

I have not received my SSN, does anyone know about the process for social security after receiving the EAD?

AOS from B2 (married to USC)

• January 8, 2020: Sent AOS Application Packet Through USPS (Concurrent Filing I130, I130A, I485, I693, I765, I864).
• January 11, 2020: Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox.
• January 13, 2020: USCIS received the package (priority date).
• January 21, 2020: Check Cashed.
• January 25, 2020: I-797c hard copies received (Including Biometrics Appointment).
• February 07, 2020: Biometrics Appointment.
• February 11, 2020: The case was updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-485, I-765).

• March 12, 2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview (I-485). 

• April 15, 2020: Request to have an expedited process (I-765).

• April 15, 2020: Evidence documents for the expedited process were sent (I-765).

• April 17, 2020: New Card is Being Produced (I-765)

• April 20, 2020: Case Was Approved (I-765).

• April 21, 2020: Card Was Mailed To Me (I-765).

• April 23, 2020: Approval Notice and EAD Received (I-765).

• April 27, 2020: SSN Received.

• December 07, 2020: Filed package to renew EAD (I-765) and Advance Parole (I-131).

• December 17, 2020: Package received (Priority date).

• January 25, 2021: Card is Being Produced (I-765).

• January 27, 2021: Card Was Produced (I-765).

• January 30, 2021: Combo card received (I-765 & I-131).

• February 22, 2021: Interview Was Scheduled.

• March 30, 2021: Interview.

• April 28, 2021: New card is being produced (I-485).

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

• February 06, 2023: Case was received.

- No updates

Citizenship (N-400)

• January 29, 2024: Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS.

• January 29, 2024: Biometrics reused.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:51 PM, troseryensid said:

Hi everyone,

I'm on F-1 OPT, which is going to expire on May 20th. 

I got married in Jan (reentered the country on Jan 2nd from a overseas trip, but I have been in the US for about 10 years and travel a crazy ton for work. Didn't know about the 90-day rule thing before I started this process..., and well the deed is done so just fingers crossed this won't come up) and this is my AOS timeline:

2/21 Fedex
2/24 signed received, priority date
3/6 NOA text, date of notice
3/9 checks cashed
3/13 NOA for biometrics 3/31, date of notice

Obviously didn't go to biometrics and am just patiently waiting for it to be rescheduled (I didn't contact them, just didn't show up).

I was originally going to expedite the combo card as soon as I get biometrics done, because I do still really need my income after May 20 and was hoping to not have a gap. Plus originally, I will need to travel pretty soon for work reason. 

My question now is .. If I can't get anything done and the OPT expires, do I reach out to my employer and tell them to stop paying me after May 20? I work in the arts and everything is cancelled right now, but we will make up for the events after the pandemic is over. I'm technically not working at the moment. It is a bit of a grey area since I'm still getting a paycheck every other week. My contract expires in July so I'm still getting paid until then unless I contact them.

As soon as biometrics can be done, I will do the expedite base on severe finanical loss. Would my original contract that states I have work until July be enough evidence? 

Stay healthy and safe and home everyone!

I’m in the same boat. Filing AOS via employment based. I was supposed to appear at an ASC for biometrics 3/25 but couldn’t since all offices were closed. I went ahead and expedited since my current F1-OPT expires in June. I expedited on 4/8/2020 and got request to send additional documents on 4/09/2020 which I did. I’ve been waiting since then with no updates. I called and they said the timeframe is 15-30 days. I would suggest you go ahead and expedite if you have a really strong evidence to present 

Hello all,

has anyone ever expedited their EAD without biometrics on file and still got approved? I am current a nurse working with my F1-OPT which expires in June. I filed for I-485,I-765 and I-131 on 2/28/2020. I got a  mail for biometrics for 3/25/2020 which I couldn’t get done since they were closed. I went ahead and asked for my ead to be expedited because from the look of things, I can’t just sit and wait for them to reopen and give me a new biometrics appointment. My current ead would have expired by then. Anyone in this same situation? 

1 hour ago, Nnamdi said:

Hello all,

has anyone ever expedited their EAD without biometrics on file and still got approved? I am current a nurse working with my F1-OPT which expires in June. I filed for I-485,I-765 and I-131 on 2/28/2020. I got a  mail for biometrics for 3/25/2020 which I couldn’t get done since they were closed. I went ahead and asked for my ead to be expedited because from the look of things, I can’t just sit and wait for them to reopen and give me a new biometrics appointment. My current ead would have expired by then. Anyone in this same situation? 

From what I understand you need to have completed your biometrics to expedite. Sorry, hopefully the ACS open soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eddybest said:

Just called to expedite my case, Patiently waiting for an email requesting for evidence 

It will probably come in by Monday morning

5 hours ago, Nnamdi said:

I’m in the same boat. Filing AOS via employment based. I was supposed to appear at an ASC for biometrics 3/25 but couldn’t since all offices were closed. I went ahead and expedited since my current F1-OPT expires in June. I expedited on 4/8/2020 and got request to send additional documents on 4/09/2020 which I did. I’ve been waiting since then with no updates. I called and they said the timeframe is 15-30 days. I would suggest you go ahead and expedite if you have a really strong evidence to present 

Ah cool. I am hoping that the ACS opens on May 3rd and I will walk-in to do biometrics immediately, and then request expedite. Otherwise if they have more delay in opening offices, I will do what you are doing. Good luck and keep me posted on your process!

30 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

EAD approved this morning. Exactly two weeks after placing the request over the hotline 

Congrats! My husband’s expedite/card was approved on 4/8, but no updates since. Has your card been issued yet ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Love Lexus said:

Congrats! My husband’s expedite/card was approved on 4/8, but no updates since. Has your card been issued yet ? 

Thank you. First got the expedite request approved and about an hour later the card is being produced update. Hope I'll receive it by the end of next week. 

2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Thank you. First got the expedite request approved and about an hour later the card is being produced update. Hope I'll receive it by the end of next week. 

Wow ! That was quick. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.