2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, beefmaster said:

Exactly the same as mine. I hope this does not mean rejection without asking for evidence...

1 hour ago, IamYourFriend said:

I hope not.

I have the same updates. Called last Friday, got the email Monday morning and the updates are also from Monday. Faxed everything Tuesday evening. No update about that they received my stuff.

The updates just mean that somebody opened the case, worked on it and completed their part of work on it. 

Maybe you two will get a letter instead of an email. Happened before to others too.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I have the same updates. Called last Friday, got the email Monday morning and the updates are also from Monday. Faxed everything Tuesday evening. No update about that they received my stuff.

The updates just mean that somebody opened the case, worked on it and completed their part of work on it. 

Maybe you two will get a letter instead of an email. Happened before to others too.

Thank you. Good to know :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone, this is my first post on VJ but I've been reading for a while and it's been very helpful to me and my husband throughout this process. I wanted to share our timeline in case it would be helpful as I know the process can be very stressful. We expedited based on financial hardship as my husband has matched into a medical residency program and he would have to wait an entire year to apply for another one if he didn't receive his EAD in time. 

1/14/20: USCIS received I485, I765, I130

1/17/20: NOA for all three

2/14/20: Bio completed

3/7/20: I485 RFIE received (Birth Certificate, we believe it is because we submitted a short form. However, the short form included all of the required information so we were confused. But we sent back the long form.)

3/25/20: Sent our response back to USCIS 

3/27/20: USCIS received our RFIE response 

3/30/20: We called USCIS and requested an expedite and were told to wait 5 days. The next day, our case tracker showed the three actions "assigned", "response sent", "completed". 

4/7/20: We called USCIS again since we did not receive any information. No email, no letter. The agent told us that on 3/31/20, they sent us an email and he read the email to us. It was the email requesting further information for the expedite. He read us the email it was sent to and realized it was off by one letter. This was weird as we called the Friday before to confirm the email address and the agent read it back to us correctly then. He transferred us to a tier 2 to put a request in to have the email resent. We spoke to a tier 2 and she did it for us.

4/8/20: We received the email. Case tracker repeated the same three statuses as when we put in the original expedite. We sent back evidence 2 hours later. Included a cover letter (explained how him losing the medical residency would delay us for an entire year as residents only get hired once every March and it is a very competitive process) , offer letter, and receipt of what he spent applying for residency programs this year. 

4/14/20: Case status online showed "Expedite Request Approved". We never received notice that USCIS received our evidence. 

4/16/20: New Card Is Being Produced

We were so happy to receive this notice as we can now begin to plan our move to where my husband will be completing his residency. It was a very stressful process for us but we are so grateful it has worked out and thankful to God. Good luck to everyone who is going through this process! I hope you will get very good news soon.

2 minutes ago, Jwang said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post on VJ but I've been reading for a while and it's been very helpful to me and my husband throughout this process. I wanted to share our timeline in case it would be helpful as I know the process can be very stressful.

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is giving me hope :)

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

1 hour ago, Jwang said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post on VJ but I've been reading for a while and it's been very helpful to me and my husband throughout this process. I wanted to share our timeline in case it would be helpful as I know the process can be very stressful. We expedited based on financial hardship as my husband has matched into a medical residency program and he would have to wait an entire year to apply for another one if he didn't receive his EAD in time. 

1/14/20: USCIS received I485, I765, I130

1/17/20: NOA for all three

2/14/20: Bio completed

3/7/20: I485 RFIE received (Birth Certificate, we believe it is because we submitted a short form. However, the short form included all of the required information so we were confused. But we sent back the long form.)

3/25/20: Sent our response back to USCIS 

3/27/20: USCIS received our RFIE response 

3/30/20: We called USCIS and requested an expedite and were told to wait 5 days. The next day, our case tracker showed the three actions "assigned", "response sent", "completed". 

4/7/20: We called USCIS again since we did not receive any information. No email, no letter. The agent told us that on 3/31/20, they sent us an email and he read the email to us. It was the email requesting further information for the expedite. He read us the email it was sent to and realized it was off by one letter. This was weird as we called the Friday before to confirm the email address and the agent read it back to us correctly then. He transferred us to a tier 2 to put a request in to have the email resent. We spoke to a tier 2 and she did it for us.

4/8/20: We received the email. Case tracker repeated the same three statuses as when we put in the original expedite. We sent back evidence 2 hours later. Included a cover letter (explained how him losing the medical residency would delay us for an entire year as residents only get hired once every March and it is a very competitive process) , offer letter, and receipt of what he spent applying for residency programs this year. 

4/14/20: Case status online showed "Expedite Request Approved". We never received notice that USCIS received our evidence. 

4/16/20: New Card Is Being Produced

We were so happy to receive this notice as we can now begin to plan our move to where my husband will be completing his residency. It was a very stressful process for us but we are so grateful it has worked out and thankful to God. Good luck to everyone who is going through this process! I hope you will get very good news soon.

Thanks for this. Did you send your evidence by fax, regular mail or email?

I saw somewhere that an applicant sent evidence via email but can't seem to track that tread.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, IamYourFriend said:

Thanks for this. Did you send your evidence by fax, regular mail or email?

I saw somewhere that an applicant sent evidence via email but can't seem to track that tread.

Sorry! I left that part out. We faxed it back using Hello Fax. We faxed it on 4/8 but didn't receive a response from USCIS so we faxed again this Monday 4/13 just to be sure. The next day 4/14, the expedite was approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.