2,245 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:24 AM, hoangthaihuy said:

Anyone has an update on their request for expedition? I tried to get a hold of a tier 2 officer but was always put into a queue and absolutely no-one called me back. When can I put in another request for expedition again?

Any update on your case ?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello I expedite my ead lasst j

January 9 got email to fax evidence on Jan 10.

Jan 11 I faxed them the documents

jan 14 got email that they receieved what I sent to them and they are reviewing my case,will hear from the shortly ,how long should I wait for the decision?

Edited by Juaneng28

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 9:24 AM, hoangthaihuy said:

Anyone has an update on their request for expedition? I tried to get a hold of a tier 2 officer but was always put into a queue and absolutely no-one called me back. When can I put in another request for expedition again?

any update on yout expedite?

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 9:24 AM, hoangthaihuy said:

Anyone has an update on their request for expedition? I tried to get a hold of a tier 2 officer but was always put into a queue and absolutely no-one called me back. When can I put in another request for expedition S

so weird I was the one who applied for expedite theb my husvand got the approval for ead.  LOL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, Juaneng28 said:

any update on yout expedite?

I have never got an update on the expedition request. All of the sudden, the combo card was approved and mailed two days later, I received it on the 01/12.

Edited by hoangthaihuy

Timeline
15 hours ago, Juaneng28 said:

Hello I expedite my ead lasst j

January 9 got email to fax evidence on Jan 10.

Jan 11 I faxed them the documents

jan 14 got email that they receieved what I sent to them and they are reviewing my case,will hear from the shortly ,how long should I wait for the decision?

My Ead approved yesterday just called uscis and ask about my case she said its already approved yesterday.

2 hours ago, Juaneng28 said:

My Ead approved yesterday just called uscis and ask about my case she said its already approved yesterday.

Hello, you and i have the similar expedite date, i requested for expedite on January 9, i got an email on January 10 to forward the supporting evidence via fax and i did that the same day. But i haven' t heard back from them, called yesterday and they said my documents haven't been updated on the system yet. I just wanted to find out maybe i faxed my documents wrongly or something because i used the number i was given but when i was faxing the documents, the guy that did it put 1(country code) behind the number like a regular American calling number. I just wanted to find out if that's how you faxed yours or you didn't put the country code behind the number you were given. I'm beginning to get worried because i haven't even gotten the email that said they've received my documents and it's in review. Thanks.

6 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

I have never got an update on the expedition request. All of the sudden, the combo card was approved and mailed two days later, I received it on the 01/12.

Hi i haven't gotten any kind of update as well and i'm beginning to be worried. Did you at least get the email that said your documents were being reviewed? Or after faxing you didn't hear anything at all till the card was approved?

Timeline

last jan 14 got email saying they received my documents and its under review then today when I called the CS said my ead was approved last jan.15.

yes, I put 1 country code when I faxed it. 

1 minute ago, Juaneng28 said:

last jan 14 got email saying they received my documents and its under review then today when I called the CS said my ead was approved last jan.15.

yes, I put 1 country code when I faxed it. 

Okay thank you, i guess they've received my documents but just haven't started reviewing or maybe they just didn't send a mail.

Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, hoangthaihuy said:

The irony of the story? It's so easy to work illegally but very hard to do otherwise.

will they gonna know if someone works under the table?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

What kind of evidence did any of you supply to prove your severe financial loss?

My application was submitted on May 23rd2018 and is still being processed. Information as supplied from USCIS is that the average processing times for a I-765 is 4 to 6 months based on a pending I-485. The historical processing times indicated that the applications are taking 4.4months. As of this time my application has been processing for over 8 months. I have furthermore submitted two case inquiries with no response.  One on November 16th2018 and another on December 17th2019. To my knowledge both of these outstanding case inquiries are still not assigned to an officer. When I phoned again on January 17th2019 I was transferred to a Tier 2 officer,  who completed an expedite request. They now sent me a letter requesting that I supply additional information. I am torn between the criteria's. I am at a financial loss but I also feel that the USCIS is in error but I hardly imagine they would like me to debate that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Aussie 2 Cali said:

What kind of evidence did any of you supply to prove your severe financial loss?

My application was submitted on May 23rd2018 and is still being processed. Information as supplied from USCIS is that the average processing times for a I-765 is 4 to 6 months based on a pending I-485. The historical processing times indicated that the applications are taking 4.4months. As of this time my application has been processing for over 8 months. I have furthermore submitted two case inquiries with no response.  One on November 16th2018 and another on December 17th2019. To my knowledge both of these outstanding case inquiries are still not assigned to an officer. When I phoned again on January 17th2019 I was transferred to a Tier 2 officer,  who completed an expedite request. They now sent me a letter requesting that I supply additional information. I am torn between the criteria's. I am at a financial loss but I also feel that the USCIS is in error but I hardly imagine they would like me to debate that.

Did the officer tell you on what criteria he submitted your expedite request? Did you tell him that you were experiencing financial loss? 

Being outside of processing times isn't a USCIS error per se; it's just that they didn't get to you for one reason or another. Presumably there are no issues with your application, otherwise they would have told you and wouldn't have expedited. 

Everyone on this forum is expediting based on severe financial loss, and everyone that I've seen is using a job offer letter as evidence (if I don't get this job, then I...). 

I assume you don't have a job offer. Can you get a job offer relatively quickly? If so, you could wait until you have one and use that as evidence. 

If not, you can try sending a letter from yourself as evidence. In it, specify that you are experiencing financial loss due to inability to work. Include bills and other evidence of you actually experiencing financial difficulties. State in the letter that you would like to begin applying for work to help with the bills and having authorization to do so is vital for this endeavor (it technically isn't but I think a lot of people can sympathize that it's a bit awkward telling your employer that you'll need a few weeks to get this sorted out and can't start right away). Note in the letter that you've been waiting for 8 or so months and have thus far been unable to find gainful employment due to no current work authorization. 

Might fly. If not, get a job offer and expedite again. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys!

I submitted an EAD expedite over the phone today based on severe financial loss and a pending job offer that I’m wanting to accept.

The person I spoke to had me make a statement explaining why I wanted the expedite and said they would attach this to my request and that I should hear something back by Feb 24, and that the request will expire in 30 days..

Has anyone else had this experience? I asked if he needed me to fax through my job offer or any additional evidence and he said it may not be required and just to wait until Feb 24 🤔

Also big congrats to everyone in this thread who successfully received their expedite 🥳

Edited by Adrii

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I requested to expedite my EAD card on Friday 15th based on the fact that I have a job and will will be terminated if the current EAD expires. The next business day they asked me to fax letter from employer and I did. However, in difference with others here they didn't ask for general documents or evidence they specifically asked for employer letter that support my claim. I send it in through fax twice and it went through right away to NBC. Also on the email they included the specific number number agent number division and team number. They also requested that I include their email with the employer letter that I faxed in. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.