2,245 posts in this topic

Timeline

I only sent a copy of my job offer since that was the only thing they requested in their rfe letter, and a cover letter explaning why Financial hardship (with the obvious reason that I haven't been able to work for three months.. :)) My status changed to card being produced yesterday! I mailed my documents on 7/17 and dind't hear anything back, but had my congressman contact them last week. I think it's the best way to go. Good luck everyone!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

You are switching jobs, curently employed right? Is the new employer willing to write a slight opening or even an email to you to show how important you are to the firm? If you have that and job offer letter, you are golden no issues.

I resigned end of June and I am no longer employed. So I have no income currently. 

I will have to contact my new employer about that but I do not believe that they will write a letter for me. :( I'll try and ask them though. 

I resigned because the job was so stressful that it impacted my health. I have asthma since February because of all the stress. Thank god it is not severe asthma but bad enough for me to have an inhaler. 

3 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Great point, I showed a termination proof as well. That said I quit one boat before next boat came...not for the risk averse.

Did you send your resignation letter or were you terminated? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Juliees said:

I only sent a copy of my job offer since that was the only thing they requested in their rfe letter, and a cover letter explaning why Financial hardship (with the obvious reason that I haven't been able to work for three months.. :)) My status changed to card being produced yesterday! I mailed my documents on 7/17 and dind't hear anything back, but had my congressman contact them last week. I think it's the best way to go. Good luck everyone!!

Thank you so much for this info. I didn't mention the financial hardship due to pending job offer but only said due to financial hardship. Should I call them again? 

Edited by thepanda

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, thepanda said:

I resigned end of June and I am no longer employed. So I have no income currently. 

I will have to contact my new employer about that but I do not believe that they will write a letter for me. :( I'll try and ask them though. 

I resigned because the job was so stressful that it impacted my health. I have asthma since February because of all the stress. Thank god it is not severe asthma but bad enough for me to have an inhaler. 

Did you send your resignation letter or were you terminated? 

Sent just a message from HR about how to get last paystub. Sent a notice that no longer have health insurance. USCIS does not need to know why you left just that you no longer have an ability to work. 

I was not comfortable sending a mutual release letter...thats far too private sorry USCIS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, thepanda said:

Thank you so much for this info. I didn't mention the financial hardship due to pending job offer but only said due to financial hardship. Should I call them again? 

Nope, just mention in your cover letter and explain your case and all evidence. Truly it seems more and more lucky that this is all just a procedure I am starting to doubt the officers even follow up the orginial request to the evidence, the letter they send out is SUPER generic.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Sent just a message from HR about how to get last paystub. Sent a notice that no longer have health insurance. USCIS does not need to know why you left just that you no longer have an ability to work. 

I was not comfortable sending a mutual release letter...thats far too private sorry USCIS.

You are so helpful. Thank you so much. I have one last e-mail that I sent to the CEO and HR with the confirmation that I returned all their property. I'll send those as well. 

Just now, A&H2018 said:

Nope, just mention in your cover letter and explain your case and all evidence. Truly it seems more and more lucky that this is all just a procedure I am starting to doubt the officers even follow up the orginial request to the evidence, the letter they send out is SUPER generic.

Thanks for replying so fast. I was so worried and it is Friday night. I couldn't have called until Monday. lol 

So, I have more paperwork than I thought that I can send. I hope they'll get back to me soon with the e-mail. 

Timeline
Just now, thepanda said:

Thank you so much for this info. I didn't mention the financial hardship due to pending job offer. Should I call them again?  

Really the way it goes is that there is no ground to request an expedite based on pending job offer. The ground has to be one of the ones listed on their website, and then backed up by the fact that you have a pending job offer. This post helped me a ton so I would refer to that, it really explains the process in detail:

Timeline

One more question. I read somewhere (maybe even in this topic) that I am not allowed to sign the offer letter until I have my EAD, is that correct? 

7 hours ago, thepanda said:

One more question. I read somewhere (maybe even in this topic) that I am not allowed to sign the offer letter until I have my EAD, is that correct? 

I guess it depends on what does it say in the offer letter. 

I signed my offer without EAD on hand, but the offer I got is a contingency offer, means I could only start to work in the company when I have EAD on hand.

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Victorolas said:

I guess it depends on what does it say in the offer letter. 

I signed my offer without EAD on hand, but the offer I got is a contingency offer, means I could only start to work in the company when I have EAD on hand.

Exactly this is not a major worry. Some people like to post on VJ anything that comes close to mis-representation cause they assume most people are out to cheat and beat the system. It's a bit silly when it comes to professional jobs.

You are clearly going to highly sought position since its your "dream job forsee" just work with the hiring manager to get it all done however they want it done. If they want something signed so they can sleep at night that you will not interview next week, then as a big boy company they should be able to word it how they like. Companies have been known to pull offers if your "expedite request" gets dragged out so again if you want wording to let you sleep at night work with them on it.

PS, thank you for the kind words many people have provided similar help when I was totally confused myself. Have no issues passing it along to anyone who has a good job lined up. The faster we can all get EADs, work and pay taxes the better for everyone :). I highly doubt anyone at USCIS or senator/congressman would try to stop any of potential immigrant from being able to pay taxes tomorrow :D, its just they are super busy and overwhelmed.

Edited by A&H2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi all once again. Love to read positive outcomes in here. Keeps my hopes up.

I have an issue as it's been 5 days already after submitting the request I haven't got any email from USCIS with the next steps. Should I wait for mail? How long it took you guys to get any response from them? I am going crazy in here. My status hasn't changed since receiving finger prints fee received  so I don't know what to think.

Thank you in advance😌

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, gvantsa said:

Hi all once again. Love to read positive outcomes in here. Keeps my hopes up.

I have an issue as it's been 5 days already after submitting the request I haven't got any email from USCIS with the next steps. Should I wait for mail? How long it took you guys to get any response from them? I am going crazy in here. My status hasn't changed since receiving finger prints fee received  so I don't know what to think.

Thank you in advance😌

Some gets mail, some gets emails. Give USCIS 5 full business days to wait for an update. For example, if you submitted the request on Monday July 30th, USCIS will very likely provide an update before Tuesday August 7th. If not, give them a call on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. 

I filed an request on 5/25, online update 5/31, received request for evidence on 6/8, submitted evidence 6/13, another online update 6/19, approved 6/25, received my card 6/30.

Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys I have a question. And maybe someone can help me.

I request an expedite on July 11, on July 17 I received an email saying that they are reviewing my case and would contact me if they need anything. 

Coincidentally my interview got scheduled for August 30. However, I haven't heard nothing about the expedite case, no even a request to sent the job offer.

Is this normal?

Something wrong with my case?

I am very surprised by the interview so soon, my field office usually takes 20 months and I applied in March.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, swsslfn said:

Hey guys I have a question. And maybe someone can help me.

I request an expedite on July 11, on July 17 I received an email saying that they are reviewing my case and would contact me if they need anything. 

Coincidentally my interview got scheduled for August 30. However, I haven't heard nothing about the expedite case, no even a request to sent the job offer.

Is this normal?

Something wrong with my case?

I am very surprised by the interview so soon, my field office usually takes 20 months and I applied in March.

Your case is already with an officer so you cannot expedite anything faster at this point. So either you have to push for it at the interview or you will get on like Aug25th 5 days before the interview. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Good afternoon guys.

I just checked my status on USCIS web and this is what I got as an update.

Does it mean they sent me a rfe

I have no idea what to think 😂

Screenshot_20180804-143906_Chrome.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.