2,245 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Aping27 said:

Hey @VIN still the same. It has been over a week now but I have not heard anything from USCIS yet. I don't know if they have received it. Crossing fingers though. I hope they will grant my expedite request. I badly need the permit for my job. :( Been checking my status online everyday. But what can we do, we'll have to wait. 

Did you contact your Senator or congressman office ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

@VIN and @Aping27, did you both include a cover letter? A cover letter written succinctly and persuasively can explain your situation in a way hard evidence can’t.

As to the timeline, I recently got my EAD expedited. Not sure how much of an impact my congresswoman’s office had, but I got an email back from USCIS two business days after I faxed my documents, saying my expedite request is under review. Going two weeks without hearing anything isn't normal. When you fax, make sure to have your fax machine print out a confirmation sheet so you know it went through.

As for next steps, you should try reaching out to your congressman if you haven't already, and give them your supporting documents and cover letter. They will send an expedite request on their end and contact their liaison, which could bring your case closer to USCIS’s attention.

05/16/18: Married to USC

05/24/18: Mailed in AOS package

05/25/18: Priority date

06/07/18: Received NOA in mail

06/09/18: Received Biometrics appointment in mail

06/19/18: Completed Biometrics; submitted request to expedite EAD based on Severe Financial Loss (pending job offer and end of then-current employment)

06/20/18: Submitted case to Congresswoman's office, which submitted an expedite request on their end

06/22/18: Faxed supporting documents per email response from USCIS; submitted case to Ombudsman

06/26/18: Received email response from USCIS that my case is under review

06/29/18: End of then-current employment

07/06/18: EAD approved, and card in production

07/13/18: Received combo card in mail

03/01/19: Received request for initial interview notice

04/09/19: Initial interview; AOS approved

Just got email that they would let me send my offer back as proof, what should I write on the cover letter, A number/name/reason for expediting and in the second page is my offer, is this good? 

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Victorolas said:

Just got email that they would let me send my offer back as proof, what should I write on the cover letter, A number/name/reason for expediting and in the second page is my offer, is this good? 

Nice. The cover letter, in my opinion, should 1) start with providing them the necessary reference numbers, 2) succinctly explain how it fits into the "Severe Financial Loss" criteria, and 3) appeal to the humanity of the USCIS officer based on your specific situation.

Also, make sure you fully read that email; per the letter, you need to fax a copy of that email with your package as well.

The way I structured my cover letter was:

[My Name]

[My Address]

[My Address]

[My Email]

[My Cellphone]

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: [Division and Team Referenced in Email Requesting for Evidence]

[USCIS Address from NOA]

[USCIS Address from NOA]

[USCIS Address from NOA]

[Date]

Request to Expedite Employment Authorization Document (I-765) Based on Severe Financial Loss

Dear USCIS Officer,

I, [NAME], contacted your office on [DATE] in reference to I-765 Application Number MSC########## (USCIS Referral ID T#B##########MSC) to request to expedite my EAD petition due to a job offer received from a prospective employer. The start date for the position is [START DATE], upon which I must provide approval of EAD that I am legitimate to work in the United States. I am requesting to expedite my EAD petition based on severe financial loss to me.

[Paragraph on how my current employment is ending, and the loss of the job offer is a severe financial loss].

[Paragraph on how, to me as a young college graduate, the loss of the job offer is more than a financial loss, but a major setback to my dreams].

For the reasons above, I am desperately in need of your approval and attention to this matter.

I have included as supporting documents:

• Email notice requesting supporting documents
  • Job offer letter from prospective employer [used highlighter to call out start date, base salary and bonus]
  • Statement from current employer regarding the end date of my current employment [used highlighter to call out end date]

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your help, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,                                 
[NAME]

06/19/18: Completed Biometrics; submitted request to expedite EAD based on Severe Financial Loss (pending job offer and end of then-current employment)

06/20/18: Submitted case to Congresswoman's office, which submitted an expedite request on their end

06/22/18: Faxed supporting documents per email response from USCIS; submitted case to Ombudsman

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Victorolas said:

Nope, that is not enough currently. You should be able to explain hardship or why this job is "rare" opportunity. 

4 hours ago, george8880 said:

Nice. The cover letter, in my opinion, should 1) start with providing them the necessary reference numbers, 2) succinctly explain how it fits into the "Severe Financial Loss" criteria, and 3) appeal to the humanity of the USCIS officer based on your specific situation.

Also, make sure you fully read that email; per the letter, you need to fax a copy of that email with your package as well.

The way I structured my cover letter was:

[My Name]

[My Address]

[My Address]

[My Email]

[My Cellphone]

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: [Division and Team Referenced in Email Requesting for Evidence]

[USCIS Address from NOA]

[USCIS Address from NOA]

[USCIS Address from NOA]

[Date]

Request to Expedite Employment Authorization Document (I-765) Based on Severe Financial Loss

Dear USCIS Officer,

I, [NAME], contacted your office on [DATE] in reference to I-765 Application Number MSC########## (USCIS Referral ID T#B##########MSC) to request to expedite my EAD petition due to a job offer received from a prospective employer. The start date for the position is [START DATE], upon which I must provide approval of EAD that I am legitimate to work in the United States. I am requesting to expedite my EAD petition based on severe financial loss to me.

[Paragraph on how my current employment is ending, and the loss of the job offer is a severe financial loss].

[Paragraph on how, to me as a young college graduate, the loss of the job offer is more than a financial loss, but a major setback to my dreams].

For the reasons above, I am desperately in need of your approval and attention to this matter.

I have included as supporting documents:

• Email notice requesting supporting documents
  • Job offer letter from prospective employer [used highlighter to call out start date, base salary and bonus]
  • Statement from current employer regarding the end date of my current employment [used highlighter to call out end date]

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your help, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,                                 
[NAME]

Thanks soooooo much to share your template with me! Really appreciate that! I'll work on it and hope I could get it expedite, thanks again!

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

3 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Nope, that is not enough currently. You should be able to explain hardship or why this job is "rare" opportunity. 

Thank you for the inputs!

I-485/765/131:

I-751:

N-400:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, george8880 said:

@VIN and @Aping27, did you both include a cover letter? A cover letter written succinctly and persuasively can explain your situation in a way hard evidence can’t.

As to the timeline, I recently got my EAD expedited. Not sure how much of an impact my congresswoman’s office had, but I got an email back from USCIS two business days after I faxed my documents, saying my expedite request is under review. Going two weeks without hearing anything isn't normal. When you fax, make sure to have your fax machine print out a confirmation sheet so you know it went through.

As for next steps, you should try reaching out to your congressman if you haven't already, and give them your supporting documents and cover letter. They will send an expedite request on their end and contact their liaison, which could bring your case closer to USCIS’s attention.

Hi @george8880, did you have any issues with faxing your evidence? What time is best to try and get through? It's been saying "Busy" or "Poor line connection" every time I try. I **think/hope** that it went through one time on 6/27, but I haven't heard anything from USCIS yet.  

Edited by PK Adventure

K1 Visa approved: 3/20/18

AOS Filed: 5/23/18

NOA: 5/31/18

Biometrics: 6/20/18

Request to Expedite EAD: 6/21/18

• Combo Card received in mail: 7/18/18

AOS "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview": 8/13/18

Combo Card renewal sent: 5/13/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 11:36 PM, Victorolas said:

After I submitted EAD expedite request, my EAD online status changed to ‘fingerprint review was completed’, does that mean they will issue EAD soon or I should keep contact with congressman? Thanks!

No that simply tells you that your fingerprint review is completed. If USCIS sends you a response regarding your Expedite request, you will see a different update.

Timeline
2 hours ago, PK Adventure said:

Hi @george8880, did you have any issues with faxing your evidence? What time is best to try and get through? It's been saying "Busy" or "Poor line connection" every time I try. I **think/hope** that it went through one time on 6/27, but I haven't heard anything from USCIS yet.  

Nope, no issues. It went through the first time for me. I tried it around noon ET if that’s helpful. I faxed to 816-251-2290.

Timeline

WOAH!! Our Case Status just updated to "Card in Production"!!! We didn't receive any other updates since they sent the e-mail requesting evidence. We faxed on 6/27, and got the update today (14 days)!! It's like magic! Thank you for all the help on this thread! We seriously couldn't have made it without you all (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I've been attempting to fax my expedited case evidence for the last week.

It keeps saying the number is busy, other times it keeps ringing until it times out. I will keep trying, but feel like Im not getting anywhere.

Anyone have a similar experience. Any ideas / suggestions?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Peter Davis said:

Hey Guys,

I've been attempting to fax my expedited case evidence for the last week.

It keeps saying the number is busy, other times it keeps ringing until it times out. I will keep trying, but feel like Im not getting anywhere.

Anyone have a similar experience. Any ideas / suggestions?

We had the same issue. The only time it went through was 7pm PST.  We also mailed it and had our congresswoman reach out to USCIS. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.