2,245 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Yah was approved, waiting for card. Hard to say if the expedite was via senator or the fax.

what did you expedite based on?

Severe financial loss. my wife school will start next month so she cannot work i got job offer.

I called USCIS and made expedite request and after that called Senators office and explained situation, then they did send USCIS inquire.

Any idea how long will it take in this case ? 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No way sadly. Very easy for your senator to find out though.

the other trick is to fill out an SR once its been 2 weeks...saying approval wasnt sent, sent evidence. Then they will have to send it to the officer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

I am attempting to expedite my case via 'financial hardship'. I have a job offer contract at the moment. Two questions:

1) Do i need to send additional info to prove my financial hardship apart from my job offer contract? (it states in the letter "fax evidence from your employer as well as evidence of your severe financial loss"). From what I read on these forums, I was under the impression the job offer would satisfy this. Just want to confirm.

2) Anyone had any issues with the fax number? I have been struggling to send the info across over the last few days. Keeps saying the number is busy. I called the USCIS and they said this is the only way to send the info across!! Very frustrating. Assume because the line is super busy.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Peter Davis said:

Hi all,

I am attempting to expedite my case via 'financial hardship'. I have a job offer contract at the moment. Two questions:

1) Do i need to send additional info to prove my financial hardship apart from my job offer contract? (it states in the letter "fax evidence from your employer as well as evidence of your severe financial loss"). From what I read on these forums, I was under the impression the job offer would satisfy this. Just want to confirm.

2) Anyone had any issues with the fax number? I have been struggling to send the info across over the last few days. Keeps saying the number is busy. I called the USCIS and they said this is the only way to send the info across!! Very frustrating. Assume because the line is super busy.

Thanks!

To make a really good case for the expedition, I suggest adding copies of a red bank account if you have any. Also, do remember to write a cover letter explaining all your evidence. Hope this helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 10:46 AM, A&H2018 said:

No way sadly. Very easy for your senator to find out though.

the other trick is to fill out an SR once its been 2 weeks...saying approval wasnt sent, sent evidence. Then they will have to send it to the officer.

Hi @A&H2018, sorry to be a newbie, but what's a SR and how do you file?

K1 Visa approved: 3/20/18

AOS Filed: 5/23/18

NOA: 5/31/18

Biometrics: 6/20/18

Request to Expedite EAD: 6/21/18

• Combo Card received in mail: 7/18/18

AOS "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview": 8/13/18

Combo Card renewal sent: 5/13/19

Timeline
10 minutes ago, PK Adventure said:

Hi @A&H2018, sorry to be a newbie, but what's a SR and how do you file?

Service Request. Though thry are very busy, so more SRs get blanket responses these days. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

“Did not receive notice by mail.”

then, “Hi, I did not receive my approval notice in the mail yet for my petition. I called and initiated an expedite on XX/XX/XXXX and recieved a letter to fax evidence on xx/xx/xxxx. I successfully fax’d information on xx/xx/xxxx. Was told typically approval is sent 2 weeks after fax by infopass/phone officer.”

Something like that, has information is direct to point and makes it seem like they asked you to check on their process. Maybe then someone will care to send it to the officer, no guarantees worth a shot. Again senator/congressman best hope they can ask directly if the evidence was sufficient. 

Timeline

Other advice I have for people in the future. My congressman said sometimes expedite officers will care more if financial documents are included. So w2/full 2017 taxes/tax transcript...in case you did not send that stuff before. Also if you at “ready to schedule interview” send a screenshot or last communication on i-485 by uscis. Does this help, no one knows, does it save officers time again no idea. But that was his advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, A&H2018 said:

Service Request. Though thry are very busy, so more SRs get blanket responses these days. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

“Did not receive notice by mail.”

then, “Hi, I did not receive my approval notice in the mail yet for my petition. I called and initiated an expedite on XX/XX/XXXX and recieved a letter to fax evidence on xx/xx/xxxx. I successfully fax’d information on xx/xx/xxxx. Was told typically approval is sent 2 weeks after fax by infopass/phone officer.”

Something like that, has information is direct to point and makes it seem like they asked you to check on their process. Maybe then someone will care to send it to the officer, no guarantees worth a shot. Again senator/congressman best hope they can ask directly if the evidence was sufficient. 

Wow, thanks a ton! Doesn't hurt to try and cover all the bases. 

K1 Visa approved: 3/20/18

AOS Filed: 5/23/18

NOA: 5/31/18

Biometrics: 6/20/18

Request to Expedite EAD: 6/21/18

• Combo Card received in mail: 7/18/18

AOS "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview": 8/13/18

Combo Card renewal sent: 5/13/19

After I submitted EAD expedite request, my EAD online status changed to ‘fingerprint review was completed’, does that mean they will issue EAD soon or I should keep contact with congressman? Thanks!

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Victorolas said:

After I submitted EAD expedite request, my EAD online status changed to ‘fingerprint review was completed’, does that mean they will issue EAD soon or I should keep contact with congressman? Thanks!

What abot your i485? Any update to "Ready to schedule interview"?

46 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

What abot your i485? Any update to "Ready to schedule interview"?

Nothing changed for i485, still showed as fingerprint fee was received...

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

On 7/1/2018 at 8:52 AM, Aping27 said:

Its always busy, you wont get a fax tone, someone will just hang up, or the machine keeps on dialing the number and dont get any response at all. Yes I fax it during office hours. 

Hi Aping27, is there any change in your case status ?? even i mailed my documents to USCIS but no response yet.

8 hours ago, @VIN said:

Hi Aping27, is there any change in your case status ?? even i mailed my documents to USCIS but no response yet.

Hey @VIN still the same. It has been over a week now but I have not heard anything from USCIS yet. I don't know if they have received it. Crossing fingers though. I hope they will grant my expedite request. I badly need the permit for my job. :( Been checking my status online everyday. But what can we do, we'll have to wait. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.