KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, Lillyandkip said:

I finally got my passport with visa back today. It didn’t come with a sealed envelope even though I was told so at the embassy. I had a miniature heart attack until I saw “iv docs in ccd” on the visa which apparently means that all the documents are in a digital case file and I won’t need anything but my passport at POE. It took 15 days from the interview to visa in hand (6 business days).

im so happy and relieved!! We pray for everyone on here to continue having a smooth process and get their visas soon!

Congratulation and a safe flight!

I think we'll still have to carry the X-Ray pictures and the CD we got from the doctor with us at POE?

I have 10 more days till interview and getting nervous 🙈

We uploaded all the documents on December 4th 2018, all the documents are accepted by NVC around december 14th/2018. So how long do you guys think should take NVC to complete case and send an interview letter.  Those who had done interview what kind of the questions are asked at the interview?,  i know general questions like how we met and all. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

On 1/2/2019 at 2:33 AM, Gods-faith said:

After all your documents has been accepted, usually 30-60 days they will schedule interviews. That’s the time frame that the NVC give themselves, that’s what they would tell you if you called them but really they usually schedule it way before that 30-60 days as they say. Also, keep in mind that the time it takes for them to schedule interviews has a lot to do with the embassy and how busy that specific embassy  in your country is. 

I am also waiting an interview date, my case was complete on December 14, 2018. I received the letter of CC and I called them too and was told over the phone that I might get one for January or it could take several months base upon how busy the embassy in my country is. That they are waiting for the embassy in my country to inform them of available interview dates. So really like I said it has a lot to do with how busy or fast the embassy in your country is. Just hang in there, we’re almost at the finish line. You will hear good news before you know it.

Hope I was able to help.

Thanks for your help. NVC accepted our documents around december 14/2018. So I guess I am expecting to get letter by end of this month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Erlenfee said:

Congratulation and a safe flight!

I think we'll still have to carry the X-Ray pictures and the CD we got from the doctor with us at POE?

I have 10 more days till interview and getting nervous 🙈

Yes! One of the papers I got back with the passport said that it’s unlikely we will be asked for the xrays but should carry them with us just in case. 

I think Frankfurt is one of the “easiest” embassies and there is no reason to get nervous. (Easy to say for me now haha, I was a nervous wreck before the interview and seriously thought I would pass out in the waiting area 😅

We thought the whole process would at least take a year so I still need to finish up some things here and won’t leave until Spring but it’s just so relieving to have the visa sitting at home, ready to use. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 12:12 PM, Sweetyp said:

How long does it take for NVC to schedule an interview after all the documents are accepted?

After got the case no from NVC ...can we pay fees Aos and IV together or separate?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi,guys I have a curiosity about at what stage is the A number assigned ,I asked a friend and told me that if the visa is approved at the interview the CO will write down the A-number on passport and some say at the POE by CBP officer,,the reason I’m asking is because if my wife’s visa is approved at the interview I will have to pay the uscis fee for green card , do you guys know ???? Thank you in advance !!

On 1/5/2019 at 10:05 AM, Sonu Kumar said:

After got the case no from NVC ...can we pay fees Aos and IV together or separate?

If you don't mind, on which day did you receive the case number?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi everyone, i had my interview today and got approved!! 

The wait was long but well worth it as the actual interview went smoothly. 

Picking up my passport with the visa in a couple days. 😊

Good luck to all of you!! 

11 hours ago, afk said:

Hi everyone, i had my interview today and got approved!! 

The wait was long but well worth it as the actual interview went smoothly. 

Picking up my passport with the visa in a couple days. 😊

Good luck to all of you!! 

Congratulations and welcome to 🇺🇸 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Andy josue said:

Hi,guys I have a curiosity about at what stage is the A number assigned ,I asked a friend and told me that if the visa is approved at the interview the CO will write down the A-number on passport and some say at the POE by CBP officer,,the reason I’m asking is because if my wife’s visa is approved at the interview I will have to pay the uscis fee for green card , do you guys know ???? Thank you in advance !!

I got the A number in the visa interview letter.

Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 10:28 PM, Jeff & Laila said:

Congratulations Brenda and Clifford! Honestly, seeing your approval gives me hope for my wife and me. It seems everyone else that I am seeing approved at the Potomac Service Center has a NOA1 date from around June or July. I have been wondering what happened to us??!!?? (We're from March.) Seeing that you too had to wait so long at least gives me some consolation that we are not the only ones who, for whatever reason, seemed to have been put at the far back of the line... 

Thank you! Just be patient it is coming! Did you sign up for text message and email notification updates? I hope you get approved soon! Best of luck to you!

Edited by BrendaD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.