KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing the documents and forms online for the NVC. I did the DS-260 by online form but its asking to SCAN in a copy of the form I-864? I was under the impression that this would be done electronically too however cannot find the electronic option only the 'upload document' option.

Is this normal?

Thank you in advanced and congrats to those who have their visas already! See you on the other side 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Is anyone still waiting for NOA2? My case was transferred to my local office 10/26 and still nothing. I call USCIS and doesn't help. Originally received at Nebraska P/D 2/21. This is so frustrating! Any suggestions? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lisa83TX93 said:

Is anyone still waiting for NOA2? My case was transferred to my local office 10/26 and still nothing. I call USCIS and doesn't help. Originally received at Nebraska P/D 2/21. This is so frustrating! Any suggestions? 

Have you tried to complete the form on USCIS website for cases outside normal processing time? You priority date has already passed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, BrendaD said:

Have you tried to complete the form on USCIS website for cases outside normal processing time? You priority date has already passed.

Yes I have twice now and still nothing. Almost one year with no updates! Not even for an RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, Erlenfee said:

Danke!!

Du mal eine kurze Frage, mein Status auf der CEAC Seite war vor dem Interview natürlich "Ready", heute Morgen "AP", auch nachvollziehbar aber jetzt wieder "Ready". Irgendwie seltsam. Kannst du dir da vll einen Reim draus machen?

Das ist ganz normal und heißt, dass das kurze AP vorbei ist :) wenn es jetzt noch nicht „issued“ zeigt, dann bestimmt morgen! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, adsanctis said:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing the documents and forms online for the NVC. I did the DS-260 by online form but its asking to SCAN in a copy of the form I-864? I was under the impression that this would be done electronically too however cannot find the electronic option only the 'upload document' option.

Is this normal?

Thank you in advanced and congrats to those who have their visas already! See you on the other side 

you need to fill the form online then upload it.

13 minutes ago, nickymicky said:

you need to fill the form online then upload it.

Thank you. However it doesn't give me that option so I'm filling it out by hand and scanning it in. Do you think that would be okay?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lillyandkip said:

Das ist ganz normal und heißt, dass das kurze AP vorbei ist :) wenn es jetzt noch nicht „issued“ zeigt, dann bestimmt morgen! 

Danke :) Ja es ist inzwischen "issued". Mal sehen wann es zugestellt wird :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, adsanctis said:

Thank you. However it doesn't give me that option so I'm filling it out by hand and scanning it in. Do you think that would be okay?

you can fill the form online and just put the original signature in signature page. that's what I did and it was ok.

4 hours ago, Tayross said:

Hey everyone. 

I have my interview on January 28th, My question is how long after the interview does it take to get you SSN? 

Hi, once you get your visa and arrived into the U.S it takes as little as 3 weeks before you received a SSN only if you had requested to received one when you had completed your visa application. Remember when you had completed your visa application there was an little check box on if you would like a SSN maild to you at the Adress where you will be staying in the U.S, If you checked off that box or selected yes then you will receive a SSN in 3 weeks after your Visa is approved and you are in the U.S free of charge. IF you have not selected yes to receive a SSN all you have to do is when in the U.S go to your local security office and apply for one and you’ll get it within 4 weeks time. 

Also, can you please tell us on here how your interview went and some of the questions they ask you after your interview. My wife interview is in February. I would really appreciate the insight. 

Thank you,

I hope I was able to help with answering your question and best of luck with your interview. I pray for you!

Edited by Gods-faith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.