2,268 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, evapaula said:

Yes, I dropped both in the box. I don't think they would've asked for the conditional one because there are no individual files in front of them, they just call your name in the order they will give the naturalization certificates and ask for your GC (before the ceremony starts). But I have no use for it and officially, you do have to return all the cards. I handed my AP/EAD at the interview unprompted as well. 

Alright. I appreciate your swift response. Thanks, Eva. I still have my EAD, so I will surrender my conditional GC, EAD and as well as the 10 year GC. Although I have yet to receive my 10 GC. I am expecting to get it in a few days. Regards 

Just heard from someone who had an interview 2 days after me( same office, city...) and his oath is schedule for September 06th,

and I was just wondering Why I'm not in this scheduled group? I tried to schedule an info pass at USCIS to find out What's going on and guess what?

They are not accepting  at this moment... I swear that I try to understand how USCIS works but its impossible, I heard another case that 2 family members submitted at same day 

and one is already citizen and the other still waiting for interview.(They live in NY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline

Congratulations to the newly approved applicants and patience and courage to the ones waiting. Looking back at February when most of us filed and the waiting game began. Its all now history for most of us. 

And house how long is it advisable to wait if you want to file for parents after naturalization??

On 8/14/2018 at 10:11 PM, evapaula said:

Done! It was a relatively short ceremony (checking us all in took longer than the actual ceremony), with 47 people from 22 countries being naturalized today. I was trying not to cry, but it was hard when I saw a fully grown man tearing up :)

I'm elated and tired from all the emotions of the day, and proud to be a citizen of these United States! 

Now to get my passport and register to vote. 

Good luck to everyone else still waiting - you're so close now!

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Congrats!  Finally done with the crazy process.

Filed: Other Timeline
25 minutes ago, Haji delco said:

Congratulations to the newly approved applicants and patience and courage to the ones waiting. Looking back at February when most of us filed and the waiting game began. Its all now history for most of us. 

And house how long is it advisable to wait if you want to file for parents after naturalization??

You dont need to wait after naturalized u can apply for parents,spouse and under 18 child right after u got ur passport good luck for everyone am also a feb filer and waiting for interview!

12 minutes ago, somia said:

You dont need to wait after naturalized u can apply for parents,spouse and under 18 child right after u got ur passport good luck for everyone am also a feb filer and waiting for interview!

you can sponsor your parents as soon as you got your gc;

you can sponsor your parents as soon as you are naturalized, dont have to wait till you get the passport

the difference is:  you can get your parents here a lot faster (10 or 15 years differences, in some countries) when you become us citizen

4 hours ago, Anabless said:

Just heard from someone who had an interview 2 days after me( same office, city...) and his oath is schedule for September 06th,

and I was just wondering Why I'm not in this scheduled group? I tried to schedule an info pass at USCIS to find out What's going on and guess what?

They are not accepting  at this moment... I swear that I try to understand how USCIS works but its impossible, I heard another case that 2 family members submitted at same day 

and one is already citizen and the other still waiting for interview.(They live in NY)

Wow. I’m sorry that it’s taking so long and that you can’t seem to get an answer about why it’s taking so long. 😔 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

3 hours ago, gc@gc said:

you can sponsor your parents as soon as you got your gc;

you can sponsor your parents as soon as you are naturalized, dont have to wait till you get the passport

the difference is:  you can get your parents here a lot faster (10 or 15 years differences, in some countries) when you become us citizen

Green card holder cannot sponsor parents, only US citizens can. 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Oh Happy Day!

Julie became a US Citizen this morning at the Albany, NY courthouse! 

We had a very interesting issue this morning (not us - the whole crowd).  Those of us who had been given a hand-written Oath Ceremony schedule were instructed to show up at 8:30 to check in, with the ceremony starting at 9:30.  Well, the PRINTED schedule letters said the ceremony was a 9:30, but neglected to tell people to show up at 8:30.  So there were still 20 people out of the 45 people to be naturalized who were not present at 9:00 a.m.  So the USCIS guy present made an announcement that the ceremony would start at 9:40 because of this issue.

As it turns out, everyone was in place by 9:20, but since the judge had been told 9:40, that's what we all waited for.

There were 29 countries (!) represented by the 45 people, with Iraq (5 people) leading the way.

The 45 people were not given the chance to speak (thank goodness - we'd still be there!), but the judge was fabulous, encouraged pictures, and the dignitaries stood with the new citizens so that pictures could be taken.  I was so touched - if someone was there without a support person (family or friend), the kind ladies from The League of Women Voters took the pictures.  The youngest new citizen appeared to be 21 or 22, and the oldest appeared to be in her 70s.  The House of Representatives was represented by the Rep from the 20th district (Albany), and he gave a lovely speech.  He was second generation from Eastern Europe, and was very welcoming.  The judge's last words to the group were said as he spread his arms wide to acknowledge everyone in the courtroom, "THIS is America."  So different from what our current leader is saying...

Here is a picture of my spouse - grinning from ear to ear!!!  She has registered to vote, and we turned in her application for her passport at the Post Office this afternoon...New Citizen.pdf

Congratulations and remember in prayer who still watting to finesh there journey !

@SukieCongrats to Julie!! I have a photo with the judge and USCIS officer as well. At my oath, the 2nd officer there took photos for people who were alone too. I thought that was very nice of him. 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, Sukie said:

Oh Happy Day!

Julie became a US Citizen this morning at the Albany, NY courthouse! 

We had a very interesting issue this morning (not us - the whole crowd).  Those of us who had been given a hand-written Oath Ceremony schedule were instructed to show up at 8:30 to check in, with the ceremony starting at 9:30.  Well, the PRINTED schedule letters said the ceremony was at 9:30, but neglected to tell people to show up at 8:30.  So there were still 20 people out of the 45 people to be naturalized who were not present at 9:00 a.m.  So the USCIS guy present made an announcement that the ceremony would start at 9:40 because of this issue.

As it turns out, everyone was in place by 9:20, but since the judge had been told 9:40, that's what we all waited for.

There were 29 countries (!) represented by the 45 people, with Iraq (5 people) leading the way.

The 45 people were not given the chance to speak (thank goodness - we'd still be there!), but the judge was fabulous, encouraged pictures, and the dignitaries stood with the new citizens so that pictures could be taken.  I was so touched - if someone was there without a support person (family or friend), the kind ladies from The League of Women Voters took the pictures.  The youngest new citizen appeared to be 21 or 22, and the oldest appeared to be in her 70s.  The House of Representatives was represented by the Rep from the 20th district (Albany), and he gave a lovely speech.  He was second generation from Eastern Europe, and was very welcoming.  The judge's last words to the group were said as he spread his arms wide to acknowledge everyone in the courtroom, "THIS is America."  So different from what our current leader is saying...

Here is a picture of my spouse - grinning from ear to ear!!!  She has registered to vote, and we turned in her application for her passport at the Post Office this afternoon...New Citizen.pdf

It was definitely a happy day! Congrats to her!👏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.