2,268 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mr.turtle said:

My oath ceromy says it’s at 8:30am. The notice does not say to be early. Is it safe to assume that I should be there at least an hour early? The court house does not open until 8:30 so I’m a bit conflicted.

The time on the notice is probably the “early” time so they have enough time to check people in before the actual ceremony starts. Mine said to be there at 10am. I arrived about 30 mins earlier (9:30am) and there were people waiting already but there was another ceremony going on so we all just had to stand there and wait until it was done. At 10, the other ceremony was done so we could be seated. The actual checking in process didn’t start until about 10:45 or so and the  ceremony didn’t start until about 11:15. 

Edited by CTgal18

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Filed: Other Timeline

thank God finally i just received email notification that 

, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

i login to my account and doc mention that my interview date is oct 10th 

now i need some help because on oct 10th am 70 days away from 5years of my GC

i want to know if someone have experience to given choice by officer  or have to change 3 years into 5years base n400 interview on the day of interview .

also if yes then should i take my last 5 years tax returns ? and what extra doc should i take with me because 

my GC is 10years valid date 

latter only mention :

interview latter

GC

passports all from entery in usa to now

marriage certificate

spouse birth certificate or naturalization certificate or  USA passport

if copies of a doc were sumitted as avidence with n400 application "the original of those doc

do i have a combo interview means me and my husband both have to appear in room ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline

@somia

, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

i want to know if someone have experience to given choice by officer  or have to change 3 years into 5years base n400 interview on the day of interview .

You don't have a choice of that. If you are married and you applied for Naturalization, and you are still married to the same USC then it is automatically the 3 year that is taken into consideration. 

also if yes then should i take my last 5 years tax returns ? and what extra doc should i take with me because 

my GC is 10years valid date - Take as much evidence as you possibly can. Tax transcript too 

latter only mention :

interview latter

GC

passports all from entery in usa to now - Take it with you

marriage certificate - Take with you 

spouse birth certificate or naturalization certificate or  USA passport - Take with you all 

if copies of a doc were sumitted as avidence with n400 application "the original of those doc - Take all originals

do i have a combo interview means me and my husband both have to appear in room ?

It will be advisable for you to appear with your spouse to remove any reasonable doubt or in case they may need your spouse for the combo interview.

13 hours ago, somia said:

my GC is 10years valid date 

latter only mention :

interview latter

GC

passports all from entery in usa to now

marriage certificate

spouse birth certificate or naturalization certificate or  USA passport

if copies of a doc were sumitted as avidence with n400 application "the original of those doc

2 hours ago, Haji delco said:

@somia

You don't have a choice of that. If you are married and you applied for Naturalization, and you are still married to the same USC then it is automatically the 3 year that is taken into consideration. 

my GC is 10years valid date - Take as much evidence as you possibly can. Tax transcript too 

latter only mention :

interview latter

GC

passports all from entery in usa to now - Take it with you

marriage certificate - Take with you 

spouse birth certificate or naturalization certificate or  USA passport - Take with you all 

if copies of a doc were sumitted as avidence with n400 application "the original of those doc - Take all originals

It will be advisable for you to appear with your spouse to remove any reasonable doubt or in case they may need your spouse for the combo interview.

Thanks 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
23 hours ago, sw88 said:

@flash9153 is your wife's Interview date 10/03/2018 or is it 10/30/2018? 

Oops, good catch. It's on 10/03 not 10/30. It won't let me edit the post anymore.

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can't believe it.  This just came in my email this morning.  Julie's oath ceremony was on August 17th!!!  The next time someone updates the list, will you please change our line to "red"?  Many thanks.

Sukie in NY

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on August 20, 2018.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This.....is becoming quite depressing

2018-09-03.thumb.png.41754cd72ceacababbd847872b10659c.png

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

4 hours ago, Sukie said:

Can't believe it.  This just came in my email this morning.  Julie's oath ceremony was on August 17th!!!  The next time someone updates the list, will you please change our line to "red"?  Many thanks.

Sukie in NY

Department of Homeland Security seal

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on August 20, 2018.

thank God mine status updated rightaway and showing schedule interview as i received email notification .

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I already applied and now I am preparing myself about the interview. So, today when I opened the submitted form I see I might miss some thing. Here on page 15 on N400, I see for 30-36 questions, if the answer is Yes, then I need to add explanation.

Again, in page17 for item 45-50, if answer is no then add explanation. So, What i did i put Yes but did not attach any explanation.

Did anybody put any attached sheet or how actually you filled those items 45-45. Do I need some write up or anything. Please advice. I am really could not understand what is the thing i need to do now or Did i make a mistake. What is the correct way to answer?

Thnaks

1_ab.png

1_abc.png

20 hours ago, flash9153 said:

Oops, good catch. It's on 10/03 not 10/30. It won't let me edit the post anymore.

@flash9153 not sure as to why your N-400 interview took almost 8 months since your application submission, Dassy who applied online in April had her interview already and she is a Chicago, Il online filer as well

Just now, xilef said:

@flash9153 not sure as to why your N-400 interview took almost 8 months since your application submission, Dassy who applied online in April had her interview already and she is a Chicago, Il online filer as well

Don't worrie it's normal it happened with me too am online filer from stl mo mine took 8 months too even few of other stl mo feb filer already got oth done .

2 hours ago, missLinda said:

Hi, I already applied and now I am preparing myself about the interview. So, today when I opened the submitted form I see I might miss some thing. Here on page 15 on N400, I see for 30-36 questions, if the answer is Yes, then I need to add explanation.

Again, in page17 for item 45-50, if answer is no then add explanation. So, What i did i put Yes but did not attach any explanation.

Did anybody put any attached sheet or how actually you filled those items 45-45. Do I need some write up or anything. Please advice. I am really could not understand what is the thing i need to do now or Did i make a mistake. What is the correct way to answer?

Thnaks

1_ab.png

1_abc.png

In the second screen capture there is a blurb that only impacts questions 45 to 50. You can safely ignore the item you underlined in the first screen shot.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
20 hours ago, xilef said:

Unfortunately, it seems to be pretty normal nowadays for Chicago filers especially with pending ROC to take this long. Also, five year applicants seem to have it completed sooner.

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 9/3/2018 at 4:29 AM, Sukie said:

Sukie in NY

Mine says the same thing and my ceremony was August 14th. I really don't care anymore at this point though :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.