JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
Just now, A&H2018 said:

You also got your EAD the same date no? 

Last time i got was to complete an address change. Never got it for case moving to field office.

The EAD update we received on 6/29/18, I also wonder if this is what the message is referring to.  Now the thing is the USCIS case tracking never worked for 485....so we have no idea.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Elena Ibrahim said:

The EAD update we received on 6/29/18, I also wonder if this is what the message is referring to.  Now the thing is the USCIS case tracking never worked for 485....so we have no idea.

Does it work for you now? My case is still missing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Elena Ibrahim said:

Oh wow, I see.  Let's see what happens on our end, thank you!

Yes. Their system is very confusing.  Best to check it out.  You might have an interview scheduled and don't even know about it.

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline

I just received the mail for my I485 interview and it is scheduled for 15 Aug.

For those who already did the interview is it really stating as initial interview?

And I’m kinda worried about the documents to prove our relationship, we only have the one for insurance and telecom bill and a lot of pictures.

Timeline

To start go to the dmv and make sure you have matching licenses. Then make sure your taxes transcript is available.

Where you live, lease? Do text a lot? Credit card? Did you sign up for informed delivery?

Edited by A&H2018

My EAD card and Advance Parole didn't even get approved but for my I-485, it says interview was scheduled today.  I am really confused.  In my state it was supposed to take more than 9 months to get the interview notice but it's still 5 months.  I just want my EAD card and Advance Parole so that I can visit my family.  Does someone know what is going on?

11 hours ago, JahRyl said:

For those who already did the interview is it really stating as initial interview?

And I’m kinda worried about the documents to prove our relationship, we only have the one for insurance and telecom bill and a lot of pictures.

I was worried about the "initial Interview" on our notice as well but it's nothing to be concerned about.  We had just the 1 interview, I'm guessing this is the language they put on the form just in case they need to do another interview/don't want people to assume that this will be the only interview before the green card.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

6 hours ago, appletree2 said:

My EAD card and Advance Parole didn't even get approved but for my I-485, it says interview was scheduled today.  I am really confused.  In my state it was supposed to take more than 9 months to get the interview notice but it's still 5 months.  I just want my EAD card and Advance Parole so that I can visit my family.  Does someone know what is going on?

There has been a number of people in January, February, March, April even May thread who got their interview letters/interviews before getting EAD/AP card and it did not matter what the processing times were for their local office ... so count your blessings! You are lucky!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Elena Ibrahim said:

Nope, it does not work unfortunately...

Same, i got update today, last touch June26. My EAD approval started June29. Bleh no idea as usual.

Timeline
6 hours ago, appletree2 said:

As mentioned. You are beyond lucky! You want an interview not AP if for sure you want to go viist them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
10 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

To start go to the dmv and make sure you have matching licenses. Then make sure your taxes transcript is available.

Where you live, lease? Do text a lot? Credit card? Did you sign up for informed delivery?

We’re staying at my in-laws, and yes we do text and call a lot, credit card  nope, since i dont have any local id here its very difficult to get anything.

Yup, informed delivery we have. 

Just to let you know it didn’t show my uscis mail yesterday.

53 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I was worried about the "initial Interview" on our notice as well but it's nothing to be concerned about.  We had just the 1 interview, I'm guessing this is the language they put on the form just in case they need to do another interview/don't want people to assume that this will be the only interview before the green card.

Yeah when i saw it i was thinking is there a final interview as well.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, JahRyl said:

Take a look in my timeline (profile) and read my review on the interview. I am sure it will give you some insight on what to bring to your interview.  Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

6 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Same, i got update today, last touch June26. My EAD approval started June29. Bleh no idea as usual.

I got same update via email. We last took action on your case on the 26th June which happens to be my birthday but the site has no update.

Anyway, i will just wait it out, there is nothing i can do about it but to wait and be expectant

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Elena Ibrahim said:

Hello guys we received an email stating that "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes.  We last took action on your case on June 25, 2018."

I know I have seen this posted from a few of you,  but do not recall what it might mean.  If anyone wan shed some light, would really appreciate it, thank you.

Hi! I've applied to adjust status from an F1 student visa to permanent residence, so slightly different case compared to yours (but still an AOS). I wanted to note that received a similar update this morning:

"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time
We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 26, 2018."

The last time myUSCIS displayed an update was April 24, 2018 registering my response to an RFE, and on the https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/ tracker the last date something changed there was May 30 indicating case ready to be scheduled for interview. I have been checking both trackers daily. So they did some kind of action on June 26, but I can't tell what as no changes are displayed. Hmmmmm now I get to drive myself crazy with speculation, hahaha. Hopefully it's something good!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.