JackCassidyMusic

Help With RFE please?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Forget sending more pictures that’s secondary evidence used in conjunction with solid proof. Can you get bank statements from when you were in each other’s countries? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, daylemercado said:

Hello!

They are not looking at photos.. Honestly they are focused on dates.. Time together as in itinerary, boarding pass, passport entry stamp and admission, and a letter of meeting signed by both yourself and fiance. Because they do not consider photos, chats, or calls.. Good luck! 😊

I don’t know that it’s safe to say they don’t consider photos at all and I wouldn’t necessarily encourage people to forego them but flight itineraries and boarding passes are definitely what you really need. 

1 hour ago, Mrsjackson said:

I don’t know that it’s safe to say they don’t consider photos at all and I wouldn’t necessarily encourage people to forego them but flight itineraries and boarding passes are definitely what you really need. 

I'm speaking out of experience..you can take a photo at anytime! They want dates is what i am saying because they want to make sure its within the two yrs that u have met... That is why I am saying..so dont submit more pics.. bcuz its not worth it unless they r dated.. Just my input based on what happened with me 😑

4 hours ago, broppy said:

A photobooth's probably no good. US passport photos need to be 2x2 inches, not the 35x45 mm you'll get from a booth. The embassy has a page with the photo requirements. https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/how-to-renew-a-passport/photographs/

The booths at larger Tescos have a setting for US passport-size photos. I had all mine done at a Tescos and they were accepted without problem. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

How many trips did you take together?  A bunch of receipts from the same trip is still one trip.

I don't think they doubt the trip, but from your passes it looks like you were together once for 5 days (3 full days since you traveled on the first and last days).   You can document that to death, but they want more to show a relationship.  When you met, when you communicate, how often, etc. A span of time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We received the exact same for RFE.

1. follow these guidelines that are exactly from USCIS about the passport style photos. Don't take them yourself, go to a place that does it. They'll print them instantly. Don't scan them. They can't be mounted. Write name on back, put in plastic baggie and attach to a piece of paper. I went to a professional place and they didn't get the background white enough. So we got the RFE. Be sure they do it right.

You must submit one color passport-style photograph of yourself and one color passport-style photograph of the
beneficiary taken within 30 days of filing this petition. The photos must have a white to off-white background, be
printed on thin paper with a glossy finish, and be unmounted and unretouched.
The color passport-style photos must be 2 by 2 inches. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a
white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1 to 1 3/8 inches from top of hair to bottom of chin, and
eye height is between 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches from bottom of photo.
Your head must be bare unless you are wearing headwear as required by a religious denomination of which you are a member. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

2. scan yours/your fiancees passport pages that have the entry stamps AND INCLUDE the biographical info page for both passports. This is a lame RFE to get because it doesn't say anywhere that passport pages have to include the bio page. But do it.

Shortcuts won't help. USCIS is super picky, but they are just checking boxes for requirements. RFEs are the worst. I hope this will get you through! We submitted our response to RFE 12/6/17 still waiting on the approval.

I think the issue is that whilst you have evidence that you have been in the same room together, there's no evidence it was in the last two years. I'm no expert on hairstyles and fashion so couldn't tell if those photos are 2 weeks old or 10 years old. Likewise the boarding pass doesn't have the year on it, just the day and month. It could have been March 2006, for all USCIS cares. The pictures also have no background that is identifiable so there's no evidence that they were taken on that trip. 

Did you use an ATM whilst you were in his hometown? Or your credit card in a physical store? The Amazon receipts don't help much - you could have been ordering gifts to be delivered to him. Did you rent a car? Stay in a hotel? Attend any particular events such as concerts, sporting events? Anything that can be pinpointed to a specific date and location. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Probably no longer relevant, but you said you’d retouched the photos. That’s a no-no and unless you’re a photoshop professional, reasonably obvious.

My wife and I went to our local Walmart to get our photos done. They were probably the absolute worst photos either of us had ever had and made us look like we belonged on the Most Wanted list. But we sent them in as they were; no problems later.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, OldBritAbroad said:

Probably no longer relevant, but you said you’d retouched the photos. That’s a no-no and unless you’re a photoshop professional, reasonably obvious.

My wife and I went to our local Walmart to get our photos done. They were probably the absolute worst photos either of us had ever had and made us look like we belonged on the Most Wanted list. But we sent them in as they were; no problems later.

Exactly what I though after we got ours at CVS.. "my background will go longer cause they'll start by checking interpol first 🤣😂

to the op: for passport photos even if it's bad get it from a place that knows how to do it, and be careful about sizes. Some countries may not have the correct size so it may need changes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, broppy said:

A photobooth's probably no good. US passport photos need to be 2x2 inches, not the 35x45 mm you'll get from a booth. The embassy has a page with the photo requirements. https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/how-to-renew-a-passport/photographs/

Hi, i am sure that UK passport pictures are not accepted by the USCIS, they are to small, I had mine done at a professional photographer, it was @ £20.00 for 4, look on line to see where you can have them done and then get them to to Email you / fiance the file, in the USA get Wallgreens or  CVS  to print them off so your CO can send to the USCIS    

Timeline
23 minutes ago, colin57 said:

Hi, i am sure that UK passport pictures are not accepted by the USCIS, they are to small, I had mine done at a professional photographer, it was @ £20.00 for 4, look on line to see where you can have them done and then get them to to Email you / fiance the file, in the USA get Wallgreens or  CVS  to print them off so your CO can send to the USCIS    

I just had this photo done and emailed to me. Will that grey bar at the side be an issue? It cost me £12.95 from Timpsons. The rest looks fine, but I’m worried about where the background wasn’t wide enough! 

9DFE5524-C9A6-4733-BE7E-440FA3198145.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I took my Husbands credit card statements and my credit card statements (they have a date/location/time stamp on it) and printed them out and highlighted when we were in the same place together making purchases.  Then I used pictures on famous beaches with famous light houses and found a credit card statement from a store we both made purchases from while visiting the area. Credit Card Statements are really easy to get offline. 

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Timeline
2 hours ago, JackCassidyMusic said:

I just had this photo done and emailed to me. Will that grey bar at the side be an issue? It cost me £12.95 from Timpsons. The rest looks fine, but I’m worried about where the background wasn’t wide enough! 

9DFE5524-C9A6-4733-BE7E-440FA3198145.jpeg

Mine were a whiter back ground and I think I would worry about the bar at the side,  it looks like they missed the screen when they took the picture? the position etc is the same as the ones I had done. Hopefully someone else on the VJ site can advise better,  it seems that the USCIS are picky about anything they can be, with the time they are taking to possess applications  I am expecting an RFE as the photo's are going to be 8 months old by the time they get to them. At least you don't look like you are "doing a life sentence"  because that's how mine look!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Illiria said:

Actually not entirely correct, most photo booths in the U.K. will also do us size passport photos now.

That's good to know. I stand corrected. I never imagined there would be enough demand for US-sized photos for it to be a standard option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.