JackCassidyMusic

Help With RFE please?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello! We received our RFE letter today and are wondering what more we can really do to prove we were together within the 2 year period.

The first thing in the RFE is a request for passport style photos to be redone. We took them with my camera last time and i slightly retouched them to remove the harshness of the shadows. My USC will go and get some official ones done tomorrow and I'm going to have some done at a photobooth in the UK. Do you think if I scanned mine and sent it over, that would work? Just so we can get it done quickly?

Then secondly, they asked us to send more evidence of meeting in the past two years, these are the photos we sent:
9a4f23dac9.jpg

Do you think that wasn't enough. We didn't take a whole lot of other photos because he doesn't really like taking them that much.

Any advice would be really appreciated as I'm kind of freaking out!

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pictures alone without proof you were in the same country at the same time are meaningless. passport stamps, boarding passes?

YMMV

I've kept the following just in case:

Airport parking receipts

Restaurant receipts

Screenshots of our location on google maps (super handy, just cause I'm a nerd)

Pics of us with boarding passes (together, holding them)

Pics of us at dinner with receipts

Basically anything that will land you that proof of visitation

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Pictures alone without proof you were in the same country at the same time are meaningless. passport stamps, boarding passes?

We also sent this:
b43230ae3e.png

That being the entry stamp in my passport, the boarding pass of my initial flight to Chicago (where I flew into first for a charity event I was playing at), then the remnants of the boarding pass for my flight to West Virginia (he picked me up from Pittsburgh Airport).

The RFE also says something about the ID page of the beneficiary's passport. I wasn't aware we had to submit that, but we'll send it along as well.

I can't think of any other evidence we'd have?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JackCassidyMusic said:

I'm going to have some done at a photobooth in the UK.

A photobooth's probably no good. US passport photos need to be 2x2 inches, not the 35x45 mm you'll get from a booth. The embassy has a page with the photo requirements. https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/how-to-renew-a-passport/photographs/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

👋 Hi.  Do you still have your boarding passes and cancelled visa/passport stamps from your trips together?  Also, do you have photos where you can see any identifying scenery that might tie-in with the place you visited?  What about receipts from when you travelled?  Anything to do with landmarks, dates?  E-mails to and from your boss asking for the time off.  

You’ll find something.

Also, regarding the passport photos, my SO went to get his taken and asked for them digitally. I then went to CVS (basically a Booth's) and had them printed there on US passport photo paper.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JackCassidyMusic said:

We also sent this:
b43230ae3e.png

That being the entry stamp in my passport, the boarding pass of my initial flight to Chicago (where I flew into first for a charity event I was playing at), then the remnants of the boarding pass for my flight to West Virginia (he picked me up from Pittsburgh Airport).

The RFE also says something about the ID page of the beneficiary's passport. I wasn't aware we had to submit that, but we'll send it along as well.

I can't think of any other evidence we'd have?

Is the passport of the beneficiary or the petitioner USC?  You have it marked as the beneficiary so they need to be able to connect the dots to the beneficiary's passport ID page

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent a copy of a receipt for in-flight WiFi and a printout of my fiancé being happy to hear from me on messenger and wondering how I got WiFi.  I didn’t plan it that way, but it was convenient that I had it!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Is the passport of the beneficiary or the petitioner USC?  You have it marked as the beneficiary so they need to be able to connect the dots to the passport ID page

That is the beneficiary, which is me. I'm not sure if we sent an ID page scan from the passport, but we will do this time. I wasn't aware that was something we needed.
I have Amazon order confirmations when I ordered stuff for myself to his apartment during the time I was there. Would that work?

We really can't think of anything else, no receipts. I found more pictures that we can send of us together.

Do you think that would be enough?

23 minutes ago, JackCassidyMusic said:

Hello! We received our RFE letter today and are wondering what more we can really do to prove we were together within the 2 year period.

The first thing in the RFE is a request for passport style photos to be redone. We took them with my camera last time and i slightly retouched them to remove the harshness of the shadows. My USC will go and get some official ones done tomorrow and I'm going to have some done at a photobooth in the UK. Do you think if I scanned mine and sent it over, that would work? Just so we can get it done quickly?

Then secondly, they asked us to send more evidence of meeting in the past two years, these are the photos we sent:
9a4f23dac9.jpg

Do you think that wasn't enough. We didn't take a whole lot of other photos because he doesn't really like taking them that much.

Any advice would be really appreciated as I'm kind of freaking out!

Thanks!

Hello!

They are not looking at photos.. Honestly they are focused on dates.. Time together as in itinerary, boarding pass, passport entry stamp and admission, and a letter of meeting signed by both yourself and fiance. Because they do not consider photos, chats, or calls.. Good luck! 😊

Timeline
Just now, JackCassidyMusic said:

That is the beneficiary, which is me. I'm not sure if we sent an ID page scan from the passport, but we will do this time. I wasn't aware that was something we needed.
I have Amazon order confirmations when I ordered stuff for myself to his apartment during the time I was there. Would that work?

We really can't think of anything else, no receipts. I found more pictures that we can send of us together.

Do you think that would be enough?

It isn't required unless you are trying to provide evidence of meeting.  The passport page (as submitted) could be anyone's passport page until you give them a bridge to the person's identification

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

It isn't required unless you are trying to provide evidence of meeting.  The passport page (as submitted) could be anyone's passport page until you give them a bridge to the person's identification

Ah, I guess that makes sense, which I had thought of it at the time.

I also just found a page that includes all the flights I booked, including my flights into and out of America at the time. I suspect it would be wise to submit that as well? Thank you for all your help, i've been kind of panicking!

Timeline

So just to make a list of everything new I intend to send:

The photos in the picture above, plus 5 more photos of us together. (They all had dates written on them, and the new one will as well.)
A scan of the ID page of the passport that's from (beneficiary.)
New passport photos done by professionals instead of the passports photos we took ourselves.
A print out of an email of an Amazon Confirmation of things I bought and had delivered to his apartment while I was there.
A print out of the emails I got when I booked my itinerary of flights, showing my flights to Chicago, then to Pittsburgh, then from Pittsburgh back to London.

[The page above was a scan that was directly printed, so there's no digital copy of it, and I have the other version here, as we made two copies of the packet. Can we just refer them to that page somehow, or maybe send this picture that I sent you guys of the page?]

Does that sound like it would be sufficient? Should I include a cover letter explaining why I've included these things?

Thanks so much for the help:
@payxibka
@daylemercado

@noraliz73
@broppy
and
@Jaquelly

Hoping to get this all done tomorrow so we can get it sent right back to them! 

Edited by JackCassidyMusic

40 minutes ago, broppy said:

A photobooth's probably no good. US passport photos need to be 2x2 inches, not the 35x45 mm you'll get from a booth. The embassy has a page with the photo requirements. https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/how-to-renew-a-passport/photographs/

Actually not entirely correct, most photo booths in the U.K. will also do us size passport photos now.

Make sure you select the us visa size photos in the booth rather than the U.K. size ones.

Just wish the US had this as having to go to a pharmacy to get them done by some oike who got two minutes training and having it cost four times as much isn’t appealing. 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.