June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Hii!

Okay so I will just take a screenshot of our budget:

3698474578862608609%253Faccount_id%253D1

To be fair, I don't even know if we're going to spend that much.

Ceremony: In my dad's backyard

Reception: Same

Printed materials: Shutterstock has a nice sale going on
Gifts/favors: #######?
Attire: My dress and shoes are $100
Rings: Just his
Hair & Makeup: Going to get my dad's girlfriend's stylist to do it
Flowers: IDEK, I am so not girly
Cake: Three cheesecake factory cheesecakes
Caterer/Drinks: $14 a plate BBQ that we're getting catered and a few kegs o beer
Photography: A few nice photos, and then a bunch of disposable cameras that we're asking guests to take pics with

Also, we invited less than 30 people :)

Ha, I'm using that same Google doc template! :thumbs:

As for your reception costs - I couldn't believe it until I saw the bottom of your message :lol: I think the majority of us will have larger guest lists. Ours is roughly 75 people, but jeez - even that is expensive already! I can't imagine paying way more for more guests. American weddings are expensive!

(Dutch weddings don't usually include dinners for all guests).

Edit to add: we have a venue. Would have loooved a backyard wedding, but isn't doable for us.

Edited by Hadassah123

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Hii!

Caterer/Drinks: $14 a plate BBQ that we're getting catered and a few kegs o beer
Photography: A few nice photos, and then a bunch of disposable cameras that we're asking guests to take pics with

That’s amazing! Thanks for sharing. 

ill have a look at shutterstock. There will probably be about 150-200 people at ours. We were just going to do a ceremony originally, but we’re just going to go for the wedding now if all works out. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Ha, I'm using that same Google doc template! :thumbs:

As for your reception costs - I couldn't believe it until I saw the bottom of your message :lol: I think the majority of us will have larger guest lists. Ours is roughly 75 people, but jeez - even that is expensive already! I can't imagine paying way more for more guests. American weddings are expensive!

Edit to add: we have a venue. Would have loooved a backyard wedding, but isn't doable for us.

23 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Hii!

Can one of you send me that templateeeeeee, please :wub:

15 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Yes, I think we really lucked out. My parents have been divorced since I was young, so most of my family is scattered through the US. We invited people who we knew would actually make the drive, and are setting up a youtube live stream for those who can't - because why not! LOL

15 minutes ago, KandW said:

That’s amazing! Thanks for sharing. 

ill have a look at shutterstock. There will probably be about 150-200 people at ours. We were just going to do a ceremony originally, but we’re just going to go for the wedding now if all works out. 

Holy COW 150-200!!!!!! I don't even think I know that many people!

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yeees, I will go find out how and send it to you :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

Holy COW 150-200!!!!!! I don't even think I know that many people!

Lmao. Mainly his family and friends. 

If it was up to me, we would have no more than 75

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

On Google Drive:

1. Go to: New (upper left)

2. Select Google Sheets --> from a template

3. Under "personal" select: Wedding Planner

@Jaquelly got it!

My fiance's mom also has access to the doc, so that she could help us with gathering addresses for the invites. Works great! :)

We also used it as the master list for selecting locations. I added all the details of ones I'd found and contacted. We then used the list to cross things off.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

But mention the November approvals.  They took my submission.  I dont know what they will do with it but I've already gotten 2 emails back confirming the information.

I still have gotten zero response from the inquiry I submitted on 1/29 and am unable to submit another at this time...thoughts?

4 minutes ago, KBA said:

I still have gotten zero response from the inquiry I submitted on 1/29 and am unable to submit another at this time...thoughts?

They say they need 30 to 45 days for the online inquiries. You can only have one online inquiry at a time. You can call and start another one and you can ask your Congressman. The Ombudsman is a separate agency so that can be done now too. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
40 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

They say they need 30 to 45 days for the online inquiries. You can only have one online inquiry at a time. You can call and start another one and you can ask your Congressman. The Ombudsman is a separate agency so that can be done now too. 

I called USCIS to see why I haven’t gotten a response yet and of course got the usual spiel that they have 30 days to respond...last word from the congresswoman’s office is they are “working on it” but nothing yet 😵

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hadassah123 said:

American weddings are expensive!

Not all American weddings are expensive.  We have a budget of $3,000 and we are sending out 350 invites.  My dress was $65.  Reception place is free.  We aren't doing dinner for all either, just cake and ice cream for the reception.  We are doing a luncheon for close family (about 40).  I am 1/4 Dutch, so maybe that has something to do with it :)  Also, I'd rather spend money on school/housing...something that lasts longer than one night.   Do what makes you happy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Hii!

HEHe I got you beat of course its because I have 15 people coming lol

Timeline
17 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

Not all American weddings are expensive.  We have a budget of $3,000 and we are sending out 350 invites.  My dress was $65.  Reception place is free.  We aren't doing dinner for all either, just cake and ice cream for the reception.  We are doing a luncheon for close family (about 40).  I am 1/4 Dutch, so maybe that has something to do with it :)  Also, I'd rather spend money on school/housing...something that lasts longer than one night.   Do what makes you happy.

True - of course! It's whatever you make of it.

My dress was a little more expensive than that, but my parents have paid for it  ^_^

Our budget is a little higher, but that's because we are doing dinner. And - we're getting married just outside of Chicago ( @John & Rose - I'll be in the area in September! :) ), and are/will be living in California, so we had to search for and secure a place from a distance. We're very happy with the location we now have, but not being local for sure made things more difficult. We're also "sponsoring" 2 family members on my side for their flights.

We'll likely stick to our budget, but can go a little higher if we want to. We don't care about spending so much for one day either. We just want a celebration with the people we love :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just lined up a Justice of the Peace/independent minister who is a coworker of mine.  Our date is unknown so planning is impossible.  We never discuss this ... but it may be time to get some thoughts together.  We're both adverse to spending money .. already getting crushed by travel expenses. I might suggest we do it in out home and invite family .. maybe 15 people .. make a party of it .. that's my idea. Honeymoon on hold .. we have 4 kids ... to deal with.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.