Keith & Arileidi

House Passes Bill To Avoid Government Shutdown

555 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There is no real rush, not as if they will be rounded up and deported all of a sudden.

Well I am waiting on the Sanctuary City round ups from ICE, and how many non-criminal people they round up because the cities won't work with them to get the criminals. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

How? My kid is not an illegal immigrant, but heck i can't get her a social security number because she doesn't have her green card. I'm really curious how "easy" it is to get a social SSN.

First thing I got when I moved to the US was a SSN.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Bleh... meant SS number not work authorization

Strongly suggest you read the guides about how US Immigration works, not sure we can help you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Strongly suggest you read the guides about how US Immigration works, not sure we can help you.

He is doing CRBA in the DR and keeps going on and on about an SSN for his wife in the DR and one for his son as well. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

First thing I got when I moved to the US was a SSN.

How? i got one because I got a job at the college, but when I went to the social security office they told me my kids couldn't get one. 
They had to apply for an ITN.  But till this day they can only change it to a SSN when they have their green card.

addition: I asked during Info pass, they had to apply for a work authorization ( which didn't occur to me to apply for since they are minors) in order to get a social security number.

So, without work authorization, no social security number. i don't think social security office is giving them away randomly. 

Edited by -Trinity-

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

That was my original point, you have to have a legal reason to be US in the order to get a SS#.

Illegal aliens aren't able to obtain them.

And yes I am required to have an ITIN or SS for insurance purposes. The messily 1.5k I'll be saving by filing jointly is nothing compared to how much BCBS Global Core and my employer will reimburse for the hospital bills we accumulated during arileidi's pregnancy. 

It's also time sensitive due to the 1 year rule for life event rule. 

Honestly, I don't have an opinion. That's one of the reasons why I'm not talking about it.

The other is reason is that it's simply just a deflection tactic. I question Trump's choices, so you compare them to Obama or Hillary. 

Completely avoiding the fact that you failed to comment on Trump's choice.

Absolutely against the law to require a SSN for obtaining health insurance. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

How? i got one because I got a job at the college, but when I went to the social security office they told me my kids couldn't get one. 
They had to apply for an ITN.  But till this day they can only change it to a SSN when they have their green card.

addition: I asked during Info pass, they had to apply for a work authorization ( which didn't occur to me to apply for since they are minors) in order to get a social security number.

So, without work authorization, no social security number. i don't think social security office is giving them away randomly. 

I entered on a K1.

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Agree.

Lots of illegals have health insurance.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I entered on a K1.

Agree.

Lots of illegals have health insurance.

I remember when my wife first got here and we got married, HR and the local rep for the insurance company said we needed a SSN to sign her up. They got educated in federal law quickly. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I remember when my wife first got here and we got married, HR and the local rep for the insurance company said we needed a SSN to sign her up. They got educated in federal law quickly. 

HR do not seem to attract the brightest of the bright.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

This legally is true, but most benefits teams at work are not aware of this and have no way to go to the next screen in enrollment without adding one .  Source: personal experience.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Actually this number has been found to be false. Illegals get $22 Billion from the California alone,  all the while only paying $4 Billion into the government. So this equals up to a negative of $18 Billion in just one state.

Source?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/19/2018 at 11:14 PM, TBoneTX said:

No one has yet explained to me why these furloughed "nonessential" governmental employees are so essential.

And ("Surprahz, Sarjent Carter!") it's the weekend and most government workers aren't working anyway!

Here is an example; national parks are not an essential thing to have but they are nice to have. I mean no one is going to die if they can't see Old Faithful shoot water into the air. Check this out: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/1/20/16905508/government-shutdown-2018-open-closed-furloughs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Merle said:

Here is an example; national parks are not an essential thing to have but they are nice to have. I mean no one is going to die if they can't see Old Faithful shoot water into the air. Check this out: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/1/20/16905508/government-shutdown-2018-open-closed-furloughs

And it sucks to be a tourist in DC because all the monuments are closed off. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

Why? 

That is a fact, but the form asks for one so the presumption that one is needed by benefits folks. You do need one to work but not to be an insurance beneficiary. You also need a taxpayer ID to have a bank account or make tax payments, but good luck getting one without a registered IRS agent. Most folks who professionally file taxes don't have the ability to generate one.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg