pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I recently obtained my EAD/AP combo card, I’m planning a trip to Spain to visit my family ( I’m currently pregnant too) which makes me a little hesitant but I have read so many positive experiences that I think there should not be any issues. NOW my question is this. My combo card has my MARRIED name where as my passport has my MAIDEN name, when it comes to buying the plane ticket, which do I use?  My guess would be my maiden name as I would be showing my passport to get through security and on my way back have my marriage license to prove my name on my Combo card. 

Has anyone experienced this before?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
28 minutes ago, NataliaDenz said:

I recently obtained my EAD/AP combo card, I’m planning a trip to Spain to visit my family ( I’m currently pregnant too) which makes me a little hesitant but I have read so many positive experiences that I think there should not be any issues. NOW my question is this. My combo card has my MARRIED name where as my passport has my MAIDEN name, when it comes to buying the plane ticket, which do I use?  My guess would be my maiden name as I would be showing my passport to get through security and on my way back have my marriage license to prove my name on my Combo card. 

•  

Hi!

Congratulations on getting your combo card.

Base on my experience as working with the airline we always folllow the name as per passport though your combo card is under your married name it is highly recommend to bring your marriage certificate when traveling.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
30 minutes ago, NataliaDenz said:

•  

And I saw your local office is also in San Diego, any news with your AOS? and what is your PD.

Thanks

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hi yall! So i just got one of those generic messages abt still reviewing case  nothing new at this time, last took action May17th. I've had that user define error on uscis.gov since March so i haven't really been checking the status. Anyways I decided to check it today and the aos is now completely removed from that site. I tried to add it again and ofc its not adding. The dhs webpage still shows bio received jan 24th. I just want to go bk to work already 😩 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, NataliaDenz said:

•  

My sister who works for the airline said you can use your maiden name because your ticket will need to reflect the information in your passport . I believe you will be fine . Walk with everything though when you travel 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Stt said:

Hi yall! So i just got one of those generic messages abt still reviewing case  nothing new at this time, last took action May17th. I've had that user define error on uscis.gov since March so i haven't really been checking the status. Anyways I decided to check it today and the aos is now completely removed from that site. I tried to add it again and ofc its not adding. The dhs webpage still shows bio received jan 24th. I just want to go bk to work already 😩 

Ah boy girl this is jus crazy ! Smh 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
23 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hello! Fellow January 2018 filers!. I received my Green Card, 3 approval letters and my SSN yesterday and just today I received my Combo Card. Yehey! :jest:

Good for you! I haven’t even received my EAD card yet :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's been 151 days for our EAD and still nothing from USCIS. Do you guys know which number to call to talk to a customer service rep? If there a speed dial at prompt, please let me know also. I appreciate it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nemesiser said:

It's been 151 days for our EAD and still nothing from USCIS. Do you guys know which number to call to talk to a customer service rep? If there a speed dial at prompt, please let me know also. I appreciate it.

(800) 375-5283‬. Call this number, listen press the 1 option and then about three 2s In order to to get through to the customer service representative 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 6/17/2018 at 10:32 PM, OliviaB said:

Good for you! I haven’t even received my EAD card yet :(

OMG, I thought I was the only one, this is exasperating!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

Edited by simonvikih79

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
14 hours ago, MrsMcCannigan said:

OMG, I thought I was the only one, this is exasperating!

Nope, definitely not the only one. I’m on day 144, it’s frustrating. I’m assuming all my stuff is taking longer because I’m not adjusting from a K1 visa where they’ve already done some background checks. I’m adjusting from F1. Still, I just want my EAD card already! Ugh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.