Rachel Rauf

Marriage visa and baby

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There has been ppl who have kids to make it look like a real marriage. Once the individual is here some stick around long enough for citizenship then abandon both child and spouse and they go 100% zero contact because that child really means nothing to them.  It's not always the man that does this. 

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rachel Rauf said:

I have a question does a new baby or pregnancy help to get a Visa or could it be a good reason for a expedite? Has anyone experienced anything like this or does anyone know anything about it? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! & Happy holidays! :)

I don't know what stage of the process you are in or if this even applies to you but if your wife is pregnant during the interview and she mentions it to the officer it MAY help with avoiding or speeding up administrative processing and getting that visa printed quick. The reason I say "it may help," is because every embassy is different, from reading reviews here, but the embassy in Djibouti for instance definitely hurried the cases of pregnant ladies over everyone else.

Edited by H93

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rachel Rauf said:

I have a question does a new baby or pregnancy help to get a Visa or could it be a good reason for a expedite? Has anyone experienced anything like this or does anyone know anything about it? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! & Happy holidays! :)

Hey I was pregnant  during the consular process. We got a checklist and that would’ve delayed my husbands interview by 4 months. I sent an email to the embassy for an expedite  and they approved it. In the email i mentioned that if the process would take 11 weeks after I send them what they asked for in the checklist my husband miss the delivery of our baby.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

That was uncalled for. Nobody was attacking people who can't have children. It's not about you waiting longer, it's about a child in its most crucial development stage being separated from its parents. Children should take priority over adults. And I'm not planning on having a kid any time soon and after seeing so many of my friends have difficult or even normal pregnancies, I can't imagine why a woman would go through that only for immigration reasons. So yes, children should be prioritized and if that means longer wait times for childless couples, I'm fine with it. It's more important that a child is being taken care of than me being with my fiance a few weeks earlier. 

Plenty of children are raised and raised well by single parents.  It is a non-issue.  The parents should have thought about the potential impacts to their children beforehand and it is something quite so devastating that it requires government intervention to expedite, maybe CPS should be involved*.

*I'm making a point here and not actually serious about that.  

My third child is on the way and during the process of our CR1 and on the way to ROC we lost several pregnancies.  It was hard and depressing, but do you know what would have been worse?  Seeing fertile myrtles who weren't even living together getting bumped ahead of us in line.  Of all the injustices that infertile couples have to endure, geez, why not just add increased immigration processing to the list, yah?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP was given accurate responses in the first five replies.

A belittling post has been removed.  Its author is fortunate to escape further action.

This thread is now closed to further comment.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.