Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, VinnyH said:

Newark Field Office, 15th Floor

Everyone in the waiting room was called by a Case Officer from Door 1 or Door 2 behind the check-in counters to go into the offices behind.

For some reasons, I was the only one called by a Case Officer on the 16th Floor and had to take the elevator with her to her tiny/messy office with papers & stuff everywhere. She was polite and professional, except when she reviewed my application and said "Are you married?". I said yes so she was like "Then why did you put 0 for the question how many times were you married?". I said I was not married before, so she said I needed to include my current marriage and reply "1", so she corrected it.

When I signed on the screen my application, I had to review the changes she made.

Lol 😂, thanks 🙏🏽 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Does anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes at the Newark Field Office between the time you were recommended for approval at the interview to have the ceremony scheduled (date of notification on myaccount.uscis.gov) as well as the actual date of the ceremony?

Thanks

VinnyH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys.  

filed 8/30/20. NOA date 8/31/20.   Initial estimate was April 21 but it’s moved between June and may since then.  Got GC via marriage but waited 5+ years to file for n400 so did it via more simple solo filing. 

anyway. Wondering what you guys think about  timing.  I got the bio reuse letter in Feb.  

i am moving to Florida over the next 1-2 months.  (Ft Lauderdale field office) and am wondering what the chances are of the interview to happen soon before or after?   Wondering if doing address change will speed or slow things down at this point ?  I have access to both Nj and FL houses and am shuffling back and forth for next couple of months so if Newark interview is imminent I’ll hold off on changing residences officially (like license , car reg, etc)  

the online login says my application is being processed by national benefit center… not sure if they will ever show it’s local until the interview update shows up. What do you guys  think ? 

Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
  • Interview schedule notice -May 3
  • 3 of us in the family (5  year green card)
  • June 22, 2020 filing date.
  • Biometrics done at Newark ASC on Sep 25th, 2020
  • Interview is at Mt Laurel at 1:30 PM for adult child & 2:30PM (for spouse and myself) on June 7th.

Do they do same day Oath at Mt Laurel, NJ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, ARR said:
  • Interview schedule notice -May 3
  • 3 of us in the family (5  year green card)
  • June 22, 2020 filing date.
  • Biometrics done at Newark ASC on Sep 25th, 2020
  • Interview is at Mt Laurel at 1:30 PM for adult child & 2:30PM (for spouse and myself) on June 7th.

Do they do same day Oath at Mt Laurel, NJ?

Yes, they do same day oath in Mount Laurel. 

Timeline
On 4/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, VinnyH said:

Got the interview today and was approved (technically "Recommended for approval").

Seems like the IT systems were experiencing issues and abnormally slow. I was scheduled for 10:30am but was only called at 12:45pm. Each interview took so long because the systems were slow.

As a result, no one approved today got the same day oath and everyone was sent home.

I am waiting for the Oath Ceremony Scheduling Letter.

Otherwise, interview went fine. My questions were:

1. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?

2. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?

3. Who was the President under World War I?

4. We elect a President for how many years?

5. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes the President?

6. Name one state that borders Mexico.

Reading portion: read out loud "Where does Congress meet?"

Writing portion: write on the screen "The People elect the Congress"

Towards the end of the review of my N-400 Application Form when discussing taking the Oath and swear to defend the Constitution, she asked "you know what the Constitution is?". I replied "Yes" so she asked me "What is it?". I said "It's the supreme law of the land". And then, about taking the Oath, she asked if I knew what this meant. When I said yes, she asked what it means then, to which I replied "to be loyal to the United States". She seemed satisfied with my answers, but I was taken a bit off-guard.

I am now waiting to see the Oath Ceremony Letter to post in myaccount.uscis.gov.

VinnyH

Happy to report that merely 3 business days later (interview passed on Thursday April 29 – recommended for approval), my Oath Ceremony was finally scheduled for Monday May 24 at 7:30am today (May 04).

The Form N-445 is already available on myaccount.uscis.gov (Documents section).

Yesterday (May 03), the status of my application was "Oath will be scheduled".

VinnyH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi. Applied: 23rd July, 2020

Bio Reuse: 12th Feb, 2021

Local office: Newark, New Jersey

Interview Date: 23rd June, 2021.

just got email from USCIS today on 7th May: An action has been taken on my case. Went online and there was an interview notice under documents tab, confirming my interview date. Goodluck everyone. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy to report that am officially a US Citizen! Applied March 12th 2020. Yesterday was my interview at the Newark office and same day Oath! Applied for my passport today.. Good luck to you all :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm a U.S. Citizen as of today! :) Applied 3/30/2020.

Questions:

chief justice

what was one important thing Abraham Lincoln did

Representatives are elected for how many years

how many justices on supreme court 

how many Senators

what month we elect president

Then, a lot of the N-400 yes/no questions

Writing: We have one hundred Senators. 

additional questions: how did you enter the U.S. / how did I get my green card (through employer)

Signed a few forms (name change), same day Oath: 9am Newark appointment, Oath around 11am, by 11:30am left the USCIS building. GOOD LUCK to you! You will get there! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Guys, anyone who couldn't take the oath on the same day because the system was down? I had a pending i751 and couldn't approve me on the spot. It's been a week from my n400 interview and no update yet. Should I be worried?

Timeline
2 hours ago, nnxx said:

quick question. Am I allowed to bring my cellphone to the interview in Newark?

Yes, to read your emails, browse the net etc... all while waiting to be called. You can't take any calls though, nor any photos. Some people had their laptop and working.

Once called by the Case Officer for the interview, you should put your phone on silent or turn it off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.