Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Today I called again to USCIS to ask what is going on if they ever sent my RFE or how long it takes for that letter to arrive. The tier 1 lady asked me if I checked online. I answered how am I supposed to check online if you guys don't update your system. She than asked me my WAC number and after that she asked me if my fiance is with me and I said no and she said that info is confidential and without my fiance present she is not allowed to give me any info. I am just shocked. If we are two in this application and obviously he is not with me because this is what this process is all about, to bring him here so we can be together, than why she cannot give me a simple answer. If site is not updated, they don't provide us with any info, how then  I am supposed to know what is going on? Why I have no right to know what is going on with the application I am a part of. That is very disrespectful. I am so mad I will definitely write a feedback with my USCIS experience when all is done.  I am trying not to lose my temper, but is hard. This process is hard enough why to make it even more complicated? 

This happened to me . They asked for my fiance and I said im the one who applied and she refused to give me any info so I asked for a tier 2. 2 hours later the tier 2 called back and told me that a decision has not yet been made  🤔

6 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Today I called again to USCIS to ask what is going on if they ever sent my RFE or how long it takes for that letter to arrive. The tier 1 lady asked me if I checked online. I answered how am I supposed to check online if you guys don't update your system. She than asked me my WAC number and after that she asked me if my fiance is with me and I said no and she said that info is confidential and without my fiance present she is not allowed to give me any info. I am just shocked. If we are two in this application and obviously he is not with me because this is what this process is all about, to bring him here so we can be together, than why she cannot give me a simple answer. If site is not updated, they don't provide us with any info, how then  I am supposed to know what is going on? Why I have no right to know what is going on with the application I am a part of. That is very disrespectful. I am so mad I will definitely write a feedback with my USCIS experience when all is done.  I am trying not to lose my temper, but is hard. This process is hard enough why to make it even more complicated? 

Call again tomorrow and ask for a tier 2 and if you have to ask for a supervisor and don't take no for an answer. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. :thumbs: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ducker said:

Got the “In Transit” CEAC status today, hurrah!

Everyone in the world got it at the same time!!!!!!! Congrats 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, guines2127 said:

Hi,

I received my letter yesterday about the denial of my application:  I feel like I want to die right now.   I forgot to acknowledge and sign the RFE, I am usually a very careful person and I cant believe it has happened twice in this process.

Anyway, the officer attending my case denied the case on base of ineligibility based on missing the signature only.  Its the most devastated thing that has happened to me, I am still in shock that I missed that simple signature.   Totally my fault, but I am sending an appeal from today I-290B along with the RFE copy I had saved, properly signed this time and hope they re-open the case.   Everyone that receives an RFE, please do check and double check, don't let the excitement of the moment overtake you as it happened to me.  Go luck to all still waiting for the NOA2 from this month.

I don't think I can start this process again,  if they do not re-open the case, I will be moving there instead.  Another 9-10 months are just to much right now to even consider it.

I am so so sorry. I cant tell you how bad I feel for you. I hope and pray your case gets reopened. Sending you big virtual hugs!

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Take a deep breath sweetheart. Maybe the Tier1 just had a bad day. We all do sometimes. Call again tomorrow and try again.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

I finally got to speak with tier 2. Turned out they never sent a RFE, why? I don't know. On the July 11 I placed a service request and they said to allow 15-30 days for a response. Today an officer was assigned for my service request.

When I called last week another officer said on the July 18th they sent me a RFE. Today the tier two could not tell me why the RFE was not sent yet. She said "The officer may not need that info yet, the letter was ordered, but not sent yet, and your case is still in pending". They totally confused me, I just don't understand what is going on. They are talking about weeks and months so easily like people have all their life to wait. This process is so not fair. I am just very frustrating right now. 

Same with us, my fiance called and they said "looks like someone made some action on your case on the 7th July" (

or something similar) we still haven't received a letter and we don't know what it is for. We can only assume an RFE as we know we missed stuff out. If we still haven't received a letter by tomorrow I will get him to call again and speak to a tier 2 so that they might actually tell us what is going on with our lives.... not like we have a right to know that or anything... :angry: . This entire process is pretty illogical and in hindsight, I would definitely have done it a different way had I know how much this would put our lives on hold but hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it. I'm sure the staff at USCIS are rushed off their feet and working hard behind the scenes, I would like to hope so anyway. It is just the bureaucracy of the whole thing that is a nightmare.  

event.png

NOA 1: 26 Dec 2017

RFE 22 August 2018

NOA 2: 08 September 2018

Medical: 16 October 2018

Interview: 22 October 2018

Visa in Hand: 2 November 2018 

POE: 10 November 2018 - Baltimore

Wedding:  :wub: :

Distance is no demon,

Often I think it can be a blessing for those in love,

a silent, underappreciated blessing.

It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ALGS said:

Same with us, my fiance called and they said "looks like someone made some action on your case on the 7th July" (

or something similar) we still haven't received a letter and we don't know what it is for. We can only assume an RFE as we know we missed stuff out. If we still haven't received a letter by tomorrow I will get him to call again and speak to a tier 2 so that they might actually tell us what is going on with our lives.... not like we have a right to know that or anything... :angry: . This entire process is pretty illogical and in hindsight, I would definitely have done it a different way had I know how much this would put our lives on hold but hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it. I'm sure the staff at USCIS are rushed off their feet and working hard behind the scenes, I would like to hope so anyway. It is just the bureaucracy of the whole thing that is a nightmare.  

I know people have discussed this before. Please not mind that I ask which number you use to call USCIS and in what way we can be able to talk to Tier 2. Also, why doesn’t USCIS update their website? Thank you a lot. This is such a long and difficult process. NO1: December 19 (old); December 21 (new) - still waiting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jo&Ryan said:

OMG WE GOT APPROVED!!!! CHECKED THE NEW WEBSITE RANDOMLY WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING AND THIS!!! IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

Screenshot_2018-07-25-09-57-02-1.png

:jest::jest: yess!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Jo&Ryan said:

OMG WE GOT APPROVED!!!! CHECKED THE NEW WEBSITE RANDOMLY WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING AND THIS!!! IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

I so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jo&Ryan said:

Congratulations sweetheart!!!

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.