Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Well... I got engaged around the same time as Prince Harry and Meghan. I thought maybe we'll share the same wedding date.... ha, SO NAIVE. I don't even have a wedding dress picked out yet and still, NO DATE. 

Thanks USCIS <_<

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Oh, and last night my sister-in-law sent me la few links to wedding dresses and to be honest, wedding planning doesn't excite me unless I have some clarity with the date. Anyone feels the same? Have you chosen your wedding apparel or planned the wedding at all? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Cleo_C said:

Oh, and last night my sister-in-law sent me la few links to wedding dresses and to be honest, wedding planning doesn't excite me unless I have some clarity with the date. Anyone feels the same? Have you chosen your wedding apparel or planned the wedding at all? 

I have a wedding dress but other than that I haven't planned anything. I am honestly scared to until I have a better idea of the date. I did however notice another 12/1 NOA1 date just popped as approved 5/18 on Igor's list. One step closer!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, judithlee said:

noa1 dec 1st 2017...anyone approved yet for noa2? 

Only expedited cases. Still slightly less than 20% of November completed... They seemed to have really slowed up. I think switching computer systems has screwed everything up. Hopefully they will speed back up next week! 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
58 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Only expedited cases. Still slightly less than 20% of November completed... They seemed to have really slowed up. I think switching computer systems has screwed everything up. Hopefully they will speed back up next week! 

Dont think that was an expidite. They waited 6 months

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

Which case, I guess I don't see it.

K1 / K2 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cleo_C said:

I feel you. I do have the dress though

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

The one on Igor's list noa 12/1 noa2 5/18

2 hours ago, Jerome2031 said:

I think these are the NOA2s for December filers that are being referenced.

47FF15F7-DBF9-4726-A386-59EB3E74D678.png

293983EE-1A59-46C0-8D6C-0632F9F13C2D.png

Interesting. It's hard to say. I've seen people in the threads call themselves X months, when the received date based on the WAC number and original received date was the previous month, but 15 days in to december would be unlikely to be that scenario. We did see some strange November 16th cases get approved about a month before they even started on the rest of the month, so knowing USCIS anything can happen! 

I try not to put too much stock into a case here and a case there getting approved. To determine if they started the month, I think it's better when you start to see some real movement on cases than just a random few.

Edited by x_driven_x

K1 / K2 Visa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

Expedited cases can wait 6 months too.. Not everyone gets a deployment at the start of this and you can apply for expedite at any point in this process.

I know Sun & Rise there is an expedite, and they got their expedite approval not too early.

The other case got an rfe in 3 months... no post or anything in here, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was an expedite either. Just because someone expedites it doesn't stop them from getting rfe and rfe to be processed in the normal time frame. Expedite only works in the way, you get an adjudicator assigned to your case fast but then you need to go through it.

In June same happened even though a friend was approved for expedite at 4 months they ended up getting their approval at around 6 months due to the rfe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi guys, i'm in the process of filling out the Affidavit of Support form (I-134). This form will have to eventually be mailed to my fiance to bring to the interview because they want to see the wet signature (as opposed to a scanned copy), is this correct? Also, since he has 2 passport pictures of himself with me, should I mail him the pictures as well? The same pictures were used for I-129F and I'm wondering if we can just use the same picture for the interview too,.

My other question is, for proof of ongoing relationship, what ADDITIONAL material should we include other than the ones we have already gathered for I-129F? I can definitely include more pictures of us during the period of time after we filed for K1 and right before he left for Indonesia, and screenshots of our video calls since we've been apart. We have not been visiting each other since we filed for K1 so unfortunately I don't have any plane tickets etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
42 minutes ago, nj2202 said:

Hi guys, i'm in the process of filling out the Affidavit of Support form (I-134). This form will have to eventually be mailed to my fiance to bring to the interview because they want to see the wet signature (as opposed to a scanned copy), is this correct? Also, since he has 2 passport pictures of himself with me, should I mail him the pictures as well? The same pictures were used for I-129F and I'm wondering if we can just use the same picture for the interview too,.

My other question is, for proof of ongoing relationship, what ADDITIONAL material should we include other than the ones we have already gathered for I-129F? I can definitely include more pictures of us during the period of time after we filed for K1 and right before he left for Indonesia, and screenshots of our video calls since we've been apart. We have not been visiting each other since we filed for K1 so unfortunately I don't have any plane tickets etc.

Well my fiance and I couldnt visit each other after filing so all we have is video calls on skype, whatsapp messages, our emails send to each other to plan our wedding, wedding plans like my receipts for my dress, gifts send from Florida to me during this time (kept the waybill receipts), photos of our engagement, engagement ring receipt, proof of vacation together with photos of our family that have met etc. Think that should do the trick. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, nj2202 said:

I printed out a couple of pages of WhatsApp chat log from each month since I filed. PayPal receipts from credit for his phone. I also have not seen my fiance since filing. We are planning a courthouse wedding nothing fancy so no receipts for that. I think what you have is sufficient 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.