Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Had my embassy interview Nov, 29th and got approved that day. Was tolled my passport would be mailed whiting 10 days, that did not happen.
Today the CEAC finally changed from Ready for interview, to Administrative Processing. It also says "If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days." Anyone know if that information is reliable, will they actually mail it within 2 days???

Hey guys, I have a not so great update from NVC

I called today and gave them my receipt number, and as expected, they said it's not there and to send an email to NVC Research. I said I already did that, and that NVC research hadn't replied to me yet, but that I did my own research and finally found out USCIS mailed out my petition on Thursday, December 14th. She then said "it can take up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive the petition FROM THE POINT USCIS MAILS IT TO US"

Not sure if she's a broken record, or if this is actually true; however, I think it's probably not true since in the past we saw people getting case numbers about 2 weeks after they were approved, and I'm guessing these cases were shipped out shortly after they were approved... 

UGH I seriously want to punch something I'm so incredibly fed up with this horrible process. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

I called today and gave them my receipt number, and as expected, they said it's not there and to send an email to NVC Research. I said I already did that, and that NVC research hadn't replied to me yet, but that I did my own research and finally found out USCIS mailed out my petition on Thursday, December 14th. She then said "it can take up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive the petition FROM THE POINT USCIS MAILS IT TO US"

Not sure if she's a broken record, or if this is actually true; however, I think it's probably not true since in the past we saw people getting case numbers about 2 weeks after they were approved, and I'm guessing these cases were shipped out shortly after they were approved... 

UGH I seriously want to punch something I'm so incredibly fed up with this horrible process. 

Oh come on it is just bs and we know it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline

oh wow but im guessing maybe  she said it bc that's the longest it can take.  Like it also can take just a week... I supposed they kind of starting behaving like uscis(tired of so many calls)  but what  else could  we do?  Call and pray until we got it :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, heartinKorea said:

I'm so done after reading this...This is complete and utter BS. I'm so sorry you have to be dealing with this and I hope this won't be the standard process from now on...But the way it seems it will be...

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are all much luckier than me :crying: why? Because yeah we got an approval but we don’t know what is our official date. We had two november and december. It doesn’t make sense to me. We already called uscis but they didn’t answer what we are asking for instead they just let my fiancé check it on there website. If we’re goin to base in our first approval date we are almost on 6 weeks waiting period. BUT we can’t send an inquiry on NVC research coz we dont have hard copy of NOA2 yet. Its been 13 days. We already done our part. We are just waiting. Its is so frustrating and stressful. And I don’t know what to do. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, heartinKorea said:

They just love saying everything takes 6 weeks. What a coincidence.

My fiance called today; they told him to call Tuesday night again because they should have it by then. Maybe they got them in the mail today and are expecting to go through them in the next couple days??? 🙄🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
18 hours ago, heartinKorea said:

@heartinKorea

Our NOA2 date was on Nov 6th which is close to your date and actually today is the exact day after 6 weeks has been passed so I called NVC 30 min ago. They said they don't have my case number yet and might be the case USCIS has not yet sent. So when USCIS sent the information to NVC, they said it will take up to 2 weeks to get into the NVC system to create case number.

I really worry that by the NVC call agents, they say different answers to us but you might have a chance from Dec 14th + 2 weeks to get NVC case number I guess? This timeline is stil sooooo late compared with past K-1 visa process but just want to share you what I heard from NVC call center. still don't know what is the reality though..

BTW @heartinKorea, how did you figure out the specific date USCIS sent your case to NVC? Appreciate your advice. 

Edited by AK&JO

1 hour ago, AK&JO said:

@heartinKorea

Our NOA2 date was on Nov 6th which is close to your date and actually today is the exact day after 6 weeks has been passed so I called NVC 30 min ago. They said they don't have my case number yet and might be the case USCIS has not yet sent. So when USCIS sent the information to NVC, they said it will take up to 2 weeks to get into the NVC system to create case number.

I really worry that by the NVC call agents, they say different answers to us but you might have a chance from Dec 14th + 2 weeks to get NVC case number I guess? This timeline is stil sooooo late compared with past K-1 visa process but just want to share you what I heard from NVC call center. still don't know what is the reality though..

BTW @heartinKorea, how did you figure out the specific date USCIS sent your case to NVC? Appreciate your advice. 

Ok that is better news than what they told me, and makes more sense since previously it was around 2 weeks to receive a case number from the NOA2 date. 

You have to call USCIS and speak with a tier 2. You also have to be given a tier 2 that is helpful and willing to look for this info. I spoke with one a few weeks ago who wouldn't tell me and gave me the canned "90 days" response. Just call them back until you get a nice one who is willing to help you because they do have access to that info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.