Sidney and Dennis

Multiple illegal entries

119 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sidney and Dennis said:

Yea I guess every situation is different I’m not sure. I know definitely they will not turn a blind eye if it is discovered but I was just curious as to what these people know and don’t know 

I wonder because humans are complex and wonder if some cases get approved that shouldn't. I had a Supervisor come up to me once and say "why can't you approve this case because he is such a nice guy". I always made my decisions based on facts as anybody could portray themselves as nice. But humans are humans and that's what makes these scenarios fascinating.

Trust me when I say I have pretty conservative beliefs but when I had to deny a person assistance with their children telling me they were starving it was terrible. I think it's human nature to want to find a way to approve a case or help people. Especially when children are involved. In this case the person denying will be separating a father from his children and wife. That's got to weigh heavily on whoever would have to do that.

I am not excusing what your friend did as he obviously had a choice but just adding another perspective.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The officer can not change the law.  There is no lee way for them to do that.  They could fudge a bit on an affidavit of support , or relationship evidence but this person has a hard 10 year bar.  They fudge that and they will be unemployed.  Remember this site is monitored by immigration and only so many people are having interviews next week that have an approved I601 and ......

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
13 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Remember this site is monitored by immigration and only so many people are having interviews next week that have an approved I601 and ......

Really? Maybe I'm naive, but it's hard for me to believe they have time to monitor VJ.

21 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

The officer can not change the law.  There is no lee way for them to do that.  They could fudge a bit on an affidavit of support , or relationship evidence but this person has a hard 10 year bar.  They fudge that and they will be unemployed.  Remember this site is monitored by immigration and only so many people are having interviews next week that have an approved I601 and ......

I don’t know who u r talking about but I’m not asking for them to change the law he did what he did all I asked was if it would be found and if it does that’s on him I’m not going to fight the decision it does not affect me like that and I never said next week. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, hm139 said:

Really? Maybe I'm naive, but it's hard for me to believe they have time to monitor VJ.

You would be surprised on how many VJ members have posted that at their interview the IO even knew their VJ user name. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, maryLu said:

They know more than we thing they know. I have gotten my FOIA back, on my arrival departure records they have the date. flight number, airline, and the airports I flew in to & from. Lying will only make things worst.  (that's my opinion)

Nope, that’s a fact.  

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

You would be surprised on how many VJ members have posted that at their interview the IO even knew their VJ user name. 

If the Costa Rican consulate is monitoring VJ or gets wind of this thread I'd say this guy is finished.

It's one of those things if word gets out nobody can hide it.

16 minutes ago, acidrain said:

If the Costa Rican consulate is monitoring VJ or gets wind of this thread I'd say this guy is finished.

It's one of those things if word gets out nobody can hide it.

Edited by Sidney and Dennis
Oops

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

They already know of the departure, unless he left by land. Or if he left on a plane with "Traveling letter" or another document showing a different name.

Customs and Border Protection launched a new webpage on May 1 that offers nonimmigrant U.S. visitors access to their I-94 arrival/departure record and their arrival/departure history.

The new CBP webpage allows nonimmigrant travelers to access arrival/departure records going back five years from the request date. This electronic travel-history function means that travelers may no longer need to file Freedom of Information Act requests to receive their arrival/departure history, greatly speeding their process. Travelers will have electronic access to the date and port of entry of their arrivals and departures.

When travelers visit the I-94 webpage they can retrieve their I-94 arrival/departure record number and five-year travel history by entering the required name, date of birth, and passport information.

Clicking on “Get Most Recent I-94” will return the I-94 number, most recent date of entry, class of admission and admit-until date. The information does not reflect changes of status, extension of stay or adjustments of status granted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Travelers then have the option to print the record.

All this is irrelevant now. Thank you all for your comments and concerns and some judgements. I understand this situation is bad and he shouldn’t lie and you can’t change the law but that’s not the point. I understand now no one is going to have a definite answer to what will happen because we cannot predict the future. So let’s all just leave it at that BUT if someone has actual experience with this or knows of someone that this has happened to please feel free to talk about it. Thank you

1 minute ago, felipeTAYA said:

They already know of the departure, unless he left by land. Or if he left on a plane with "Traveling letter" or another document showing a different name.

Customs and Border Protection launched a new webpage on May 1 that offers nonimmigrant U.S. visitors access to their I-94 arrival/departure record and their arrival/departure history.

The new CBP webpage allows nonimmigrant travelers to access arrival/departure records going back five years from the request date. This electronic travel-history function means that travelers may no longer need to file Freedom of Information Act requests to receive their arrival/departure history, greatly speeding their process. Travelers will have electronic access to the date and port of entry of their arrivals and departures.

When travelers visit the I-94 webpage they can retrieve their I-94 arrival/departure record number and five-year travel history by entering the required name, date of birth, and passport information.

Clicking on “Get Most Recent I-94” will return the I-94 number, most recent date of entry, class of admission and admit-until date. The information does not reflect changes of status, extension of stay or adjustments of status granted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Travelers then have the option to print the record.

It’s been over 5 years tho... he left in 2009 so that’s 8 yrs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Also for everyone saying he should get his I-94 and see what it says... they unfortunately didn't start the electronic I94 until like 2012.

What I 94?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sidney and Dennis said:

Agreed. Me too but yes I will let everyone know... hopefully this topic will stay up for the next few weeks and if it doesn’t I will make a new one with the same title “multiple illegal entries”

***Do not make a new thread, doing so violates the no spamming provision of the VJ Terms of Service.***

~~To locate threads you started or posted in, click on your username on the upper right hand corner of your screen and then click on "My Content" - you will then be taken to a page that show where you have posted.~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, acidrain said:

It sounds like he did Consulate Abroad which one of the main requirements is the non US citizen has to spend the majority of time in their home country.

If he did not do that there is a high probability his Visa is going to be denied just on that basis alone.

A person might (I say might loosely) get away with spending the first six months with their spouse and then spending the last six months in their home country. You would be doubling down on an understanding consulate officer and the "I didn't know claim". I was told even for our family in which we have a small child and from Canada to not do this as it could be grounds for denial.

I dont think you understand how it works! he would be approved with his waiver if it was not for lying and entering and leaving!!!!! he already got approved for his illegal entry and just needs to go back to his home country to the consulate but once they see he left in 2009 he will get dinged and for not telling them!

Many people AOS and bc they entered illegally need a 601 waiver to overcome the bar!!! This is a totally different issue then wha tyou are talking about. 

If your friend never left in 2009 he would have no problem. now he is going to have a problem unfortunatley:( 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, caliliving said:

I dont think you understand how it works! he would be approved with his waiver if it was not for lying and entering and leaving!!!!! he already got approved for his illegal entry and just needs to go back to his home country to the consulate but once they see he left in 2009 he will get dinged and for not telling them!

Many people AOS and bc they entered illegally need a 601 waiver to overcome the bar!!! This is a totally different issue then wha tyou are talking about. 

If your friend never left in 2009 he would have no problem. now he is going to have a problem unfortunatley:( 

If you keep following the thread you will see where others explained the rules in detail and me acknowledging my error.

I honestly had no idea a person who has lived in the US illegally for years is able to stay in the US for the entire duration for their IR1 process. Unlike those of us including myself (and my 5 year old son) who have done everything legally I guess our reward for following the law is a handful of visits this entire year.

I guess it remains to be seen as to how this case turns out. With the way the laws sound like maybe they will throw this guy into administrative processing while his 601 gets expedited.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.