AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi there, I have finally schedule my interview for Feb 22. Who has passed the interview and can share their experience? It could be really helpful!!!

Yeah, and fingers crossed for all of us!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, D and T said:

Hey, can I ask...does your fiance have all the documents in hand before sending Packet 3 to the embassy? I'm still waiting for my fiance's info, which should arrive by courier in about a week. Should I take the chance and (try to) make the appointment now anyway? 

What's the worst that can go wrong? If his documents arrive late or go missing, we'd have to re-schedule the appointment...right? I'm so tired of waiting, I don't want to wait even so much an extra week if I can help it.  :)

Yes she does, I just gave it to her last week when I visited. But I think you're fine sending Packet 3 if you know you'll certainly have everything shortly, since you aleady acquired everything from what it sounds like it's just a matter of your fiance getting them in hand in a few business days or so. Besides the interviews are probably a few weeks out anyways. My mentality going into Packet 3 was...well, just in case, since they're asking for a signature, I wanted to make sure everything was -legal- and right in saying that my Fiance had -everrrrrything- in her possession before emailing packet 3. That was our mentality going into it. So I just made sure she had everything before sending it in. Maybe that's being over zealous about it but that's how i've been about this whole process, super precise and always thinking of the worst case scenario so being ultra conservative. But that's just how I handled it all, lol.

Timeline
4 hours ago, aviator99 said:

Yes she does, I just gave it to her last week when I visited. But I think you're fine sending Packet 3 if you know you'll certainly have everything shortly, since you aleady acquired everything from what it sounds like it's just a matter of your fiance getting them in hand in a few business days or so. Besides the interviews are probably a few weeks out anyways. My mentality going into Packet 3 was...well, just in case, since they're asking for a signature, I wanted to make sure everything was -legal- and right in saying that my Fiance had -everrrrrything- in her possession before emailing packet 3. That was our mentality going into it. So I just made sure she had everything before sending it in. Maybe that's being over zealous about it but that's how i've been about this whole process, super precise and always thinking of the worst case scenario so being ultra conservative. But that's just how I handled it all, lol.

Yeah we've been super-strictly following everything by the book too. We're waiting on one last document which will arrive to him by Wednesday/Thursday.  Then he's using UPS courier to send everything to me. I should have it all by end of day Feb. 12th/13th.  "Should have"...if all goes well.

But yes it could a while to get the go-ahead from the embassy and the interviews don't happen next-day at Montreal anyway. :P We'll be playing it by ear in any case. 

Thanks! :)

Edited by D and T
  • April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm frustrated.  Our petition was approved on Nov. 8, but it just wouldn't make its way to the NVC, even after 12 weeks.  And now USCIS just sent us another NOA2, dated Jan. 31.  I guess that means that the morons fumbled our original approved petition, and that we'll have to wait at least another 6 weeks? :angry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, RLA said:

I'm frustrated.  Our petition was approved on Nov. 8, but it just wouldn't make its way to the NVC, even after 12 weeks.  And now USCIS just sent us another NOA2, dated Jan. 31.  I guess that means that the morons fumbled our original approved petition, and that we'll have to wait at least another 6 weeks? :angry:

Have you tried calling the NVC yet? Considering it's been 12 weeks since the first NOA2 you received, I would definitely try. Just explain that you first received NOA2 on Nov. 8, haven't heard anything, but then received something else from USCIS dated 1/31/18, so you'd like to verify if NVC has received anything yet on their end.

When you call, select the option for confirming receipt of a case, I believe is how it's worded. I think it's Option 3. You'll need your receipt (WAC) number from USCIS, and I think they ask for both beneficiary and petitioner's names, and possibly DOBs.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé’s interview is tomorrow and we are beyond excited!!

Anyone know the quickest way to get your visa in hand?

Also, his medical form from Knightsbridge is complete now (they fixed it) but is there still a portion of the 163 form (I think that’s the one) he must fill out for AOS?

many thanks

Edited by AZSunshine78

Done with medical examination. :jest:

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We have finally been given a case number wooohooo!! I have my medical booked for next Monday, now just have to wait for the consulate to receive the case so I can be allocated an interview date :D 

Timeline

Is anyone else having an issue with the CEAC tracker site all day? After clicking Submit, nothing ever pops up and it keeps saying i'm putting in the wrong security code, which is incorrect. Some kind of website glitch it seems like. My fiance tried this morning as well and had the same problem. Anyone else with this issue?

Timeline
1 minute ago, aviator99 said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the CEAC tracker site all day? After clicking Submit, nothing ever pops up and it keeps saying i'm putting in the wrong security code, which is incorrect. Some kind of website glitch it seems like. My fiance tried this morning as well and had the same problem. Anyone else with this issue?

Yep. It's been borked all day today.

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
1 minute ago, D and T said:

Yep. It's been borked all day today.

Ahh okay thanks! I thought so just making sure :) Was trying to see if the date changed on the status but if the site's not working by tomorrow afternoon, I guess i'll resend Packet 3 for the heck of it. No response yet but I kind of figured it was early anyways (Case changed to Ready on Friday, sent Packet 3 an hour later via email).

13 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

My fiancé’s interview is tomorrow and we are beyond excited!!

Anyone know the quickest way to get your visa in hand?

Also, his medical form from Knightsbridge is complete now (they fixed it) but is there still a portion of the 163 form (I think that’s the one) he must fill out for AOS?

many thanks

Good luck to you and your fiance! :)

Here's a guide for AOS from K1 visa.

http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/adjustment-of-status-aos-k1-visa/prepare-aos-package-forms-requirements-checklist/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Have you tried calling the NVC yet?

No, we've only used email.  They replied: "The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. We contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and confirmed that USCIS still has your approved immigrant petition. Per USCIS, your petition is located at the (California Service Center-CSC). USCIS is still working on this petition and will forward it to NVC as soon as their work is complete."  I don't think that they'd tell us something different on the phone.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.