AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Cm6307 said:

Got this email in response to my Packet 3:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, and upon completion, we will contact you accordingly.

In the meantime, carefully note that you are notrequired to send your Packet 3 documents, and also not eligible to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions.

We hope this information is helpful to you and thank you for your understanding. 

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Wow when did you send your P3 till the time you received this email? I haven't received any email from them other than an automated one with the title of the email saying "Thank you for your message to the Immigrant Visa (IV) unit". That comes in like 2-5 minutes after sending the P3.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Wow when did you send your P3 till the time you received this email? I haven't received any email from them other than an automated one with the title of the email saying "Thank you for your message to the Immigrant Visa (IV) unit". That comes in like 2-5 minutes after sending the P3.

I sent it on Friday Feb 2nd at 4:47PM and got the automated response right after. Got this email today at 4PM. I also sent Packet 3 before on Jan 31st but this was in response to the Feb 2nd one. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Cm6307 said:

I sent it on Friday Feb 2nd at 4:47PM and got the automated response right after. Got this email today at 4PM. I also sent Packet 3 before on Jan 31st but this was in response to the Feb 2nd one. 

Wellll guess what, I got it too today at 3:58pm ET -- same email that you mentioned :) I just checked and I sent my P3 Friday at 4:28pm, lol. So they literally responded to me and then to you right after. They say they will contact us but from what I read on visajourney, the "we will contact you" means they will send a paper copy of P3...which will take like, a couple weeks, wouldn't wait for that of course. We should just stick with the plan/suggestions on here and when the case updates on CEAC ("Last Updated" date), send P3 again.

Timeline

I heard they just ignore your email if you send the P3 too early...but they responded with that to the both of us. SO, I wonder if that means they're actually -processing- our case(s) as of today? So maybe we'll see a CEAC update tomorrow or Friday? Hmm....

Timeline
1 minute ago, aviator99 said:

I heard they just ignore your email if you send the P3 too early...but they responded with that to the both of us. SO, I wonder if that means they're actually -processing- our case(s) as of today? So maybe we'll see a CEAC update tomorrow or Friday? Hmm....

God, I hope so.  Fingers crossed.

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Wellll guess what, I got it too today at 3:58pm ET -- same email that you mentioned :) I just checked and I sent my P3 Friday at 4:28pm, lol. So they literally responded to me and then to you right after. They say they will contact us but from what I read on visajourney, the "we will contact you" means they will send a paper copy of P3...which will take like, a couple weeks, wouldn't wait for that of course. We should just stick with the plan/suggestions on here and when the case updates on CEAC ("Last Updated" date), send P3 again.

Yep I'll resend it the moment I see the last updated date change. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/7/2018 at 3:35 AM, msscarlette said:

We were instructed to do the medical exam 2 to 3 weeks from the interview to avoid delay. The embassy said a representative will take the medical results from the hospital in bulk and they only come once or twice a month. 

I hope you guys @AZSunshine78 get the visa on hand soon!

Us too. The not knowing is unnerving😬

We confirmed with Knightsbridge that it had in fact been delivered so we are not sure why the embassy said it was not in the system.

Edited by AZSunshine78

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 6:55 AM, mysticdolphin95 said:

I see some UK folks are seeing holdups after the interview - anyone else?  My fiancé had his medical on January 22nd, interview on January 25th (they told him approved pending medical), and the medical report was sent January 26th.  Still in AP at the Auckland consulate.  

Any news yet for you guys?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, AZSunshine78 said:

Any news yet for you guys?

Nope, nothing yet.  Today's the last day of the NZ workweek so if we don't hear anything by tonight it's another weekend of waiting.  Nobody has touched the case since February 1st.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got our interview date today, so after first getting NOA1 May 05 2017 to Feb 08 2018 to get our interview appointment. Its a long long long long and long process of waiting and frustration and feeling of hopelessness but there is light at the end of everyone tunnels.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
On 2/3/2018 at 12:01 AM, SonaMartirosyan said:

Hi there, I have finally schedule my interview for Feb 22. Who has passed the interview and can share their experience? It could be really helpful!!!

Yeah, and fingers crossed for all of us!!!

hi one thing that helped my fiance and us in interview was having print out of all our conversations we had in facebook, I prepared all including pictures and everything i did some editing on it to make the fonts and images smaller so it wont take much paper but still over 900 pages half of it double side... they told her that it seems you really love each other and they actually read some of it randomly, also be relax and be yourself, you dont lie, and be informed about your application and everything you filled in your papers and the letter you wrote to them, you will get it. you know why you are coming to US right? to get married and grow a family with your beloved fiance, (not husband) take care

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
2 hours ago, V and E said:

hi one thing that helped my fiance and us in interview was having print out of all our conversations we had in facebook, I prepared all including pictures and everything i did some editing on it to make the fonts and images smaller so it wont take much paper but still over 900 pages half of it double side... they told her that it seems you really love each other and they actually read some of it randomly, also be relax and be yourself, you dont lie, and be informed about your application and everything you filled in your papers and the letter you wrote to them, you will get it. you know why you are coming to US right? to get married and grow a family with your beloved fiance, (not husband) take care

Thank you soo much for the info !!! Best regards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Very Interesting..

Just received the actual Package 3 letter from the Embassy overseas , however mailed from the US. As the date on the letter  is 01/25/-18 and it arrived today 02/09/18 I guess it was sent to the US via diplomatic routes and then put in the regular mail (mail stamp is 02/06/18).

The funny part is that under my address (US petitioner), however it is for my overseas beneficiary. My US address but addressing her in the letter - doesn't make any sense. This should have been sent to her in Thailand, not to me.They have as well my email address listed, however they preferred to use this extra-slow snail mail instead.

The "whole" packet includes a letter starting that the "office is pleased to inform that it can begin to process your visa case, together with the case number.

The Packet 3 is nothing more than 2 website links listing the web pages with the Packet 3 instructions. The size of the paper is literally the size of the envelope ;)

I have to say that I am surprised that they sent the letter to me here in the US and not to the beneficiary overseas!

I'm sure glad that we didn't wait for this letter as the way it is right now, our interview is set for the 13th - only 3 days away on Asian time :)

As well, we would have only now be able to schedule the medical. Instead  we followed the CEAC tracker and once we've seen "at NVC", we called them and got the case number which we presented at the hospital for the medical. They did give us some hard time as they were asking for the letter, but we managed to get it done by providing a screenshot of the CEAC status page instead.

Once the CEAC tracker showed "ready" we emailed the embassy and asked if we can send the Packet 3 to them which we did.

In Bangkok the embassy sets the interview date, and so we are set for  02/13/18.

So this overseas part of the journey is almost done, soon the hassle will start again over here in the US, lol.

I'd figured I'd share how this info in case somebody else from Thailand is waiting for the actual letter;)

Keep on having a great day !

Edited by MarkbK1

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

Just received the actual Package 3 letter from the Embassy overseas ...

The funny part is that under my address (US petitioner), however it is for my overseas beneficiary. My US address but addressing her in the letter - doesn't make any sense. This should have been sent to her in Thailand, not to me....

I have to say that I am surprised that they sent the letter to me here in the US and not to the beneficiary overseas!

I wonder if they sent it to both and you just got it first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.